Why so rare?

PlatinumTrophy

• 5 months later...

It is not an easy game. You need to really put in time to learn the levels in order to memorize the enemies and keeping the combo takes a while to master. Also, there are no good guides out there for the game, one guide had me running like an idiot looking for a collectible, it was just wrong on numerous occasions. On top of that, the minigames are really hard and I don't know if it was just my lack of skill, or poor camera placement, or anything else, but yeah. One of the very Move games I liked a lot, but I never got to finish that one sadly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Peripheral-based games like this tend to attract a more casual audience that will only play the game briefly before moving on to something else, which is one reason for this game's rarity. What makes this 0.4% instead of 4% is the fact that the hardest parts of the game are highly non-trivial. The meat of the game - the rail shooter - is not very difficult, and the Plat would be a 4/10 if it was all you had to deal with. Unfortunately, you also have to deal with challenge stages - non-rail shooting minigames - covering a range of ridiculous activities such as bowling, baseball and a fast-paced puzzle gauntlet. 

Unlike Move games designed specifically for sports, such as Sports Champions, The Shoot's sports-based minigames were designed as an afterthought, and suffer from horrendous amounts of jank. Hours were spent desperately testing different camera configurations and arm movements not only to hit five home runs in a row in Deep Strike, but also to bowl a Turkey in Graveyard Alley - a bowling course with pin mechanics bullshit enough to the point that hitting strikes felt more like RNG than skill. The Robotosphere was no joke either, and in terms of puzzle difficulty, I would actually put it on tier with the most difficult parts of Catherine. 

I consider The Shoot to be the lowest point of my trophy career so far, and I doubt any game I pursue in the future will ever come close. What should have been a badge of rail-shooting proficiency ended up more a symbol of one's tolerance to bullshit Move jank. If you want a good rail shooter, go play House of the Dead Overkill - you'll be treated to hilarious writing, great music, and a platinum that actually rewards you for your ability to aim and shoot. Good luck.

I don't know if you've experienced it with the Sphere minigame, but I think it was rng based. I got a hang of it quickly, and was making it fine to round 20+ most of the times, but sometimes the game would throw the same task a few times In a row instead of switching it up, and I'd have almost no time left after completing it, or simply failing. Plus some of the symbols on the sphere were so similar to each other, I was 100% sure I remember where it was, just to be wrong in the end. One of the games I'd like to go back and finish, because I really enjoyed the game overall, but it's nowhere near as bullshit as CARNIVAL ISLAND which after like 6h of playing, I never managed to complete a single minigame completely, and you had to like finish 20+ minigames for the plat. That's the one game I know I will never have the patience to come back with Move, I'd say finishing Time Crisis Razing Storm is more doable than Carnival Island for me lol