Authentic easy cheese

archangeltw_

On 27.5.2022 at 8:31 PM, archangeltw_ said:

Same as SE4, just tested with a friend on the first mission

1) have a friend play on authentic mode, finish all primary objectives, and make a manual save before the point of extraction

2) the friend hosts a co-op game, invite you, and load the save

Thank you for this information, but I need a friend for this? Mission impossible.

On 27.5.2022 at 9:13 PM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Are the online trophies difficult?

The online part is the best part of the game for me and I'm very sad that there aren't many more online trophies. They aren't difficult, you just have to complete one match, that's it. And then the other two where you have to invade someone else's campaign and kill the player and then another one invading your campaign. Since I don't like this mode, it was a bit annoying for me. Best do it now, after all, players all get better over time and it will be harder.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

So I was playing the DLC Wolf Mountain a few days ago, in the middle of the regular campaign anyway, wanted to kill Hitler sooner than later and so I played it a few times and was wondering if I played to the end of the level on very easy and change the difficulty right as I get to the Exfiltration spot to Authentic, would it unlock the Alpha trophy and it did.

I checked the mission after and it said the highest difficulty completed was very easy but it gave me the trophy for Authentic when I changed the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrated. So after a couple more days from being busy and just not really feeling like playing, I beat the campaign on a regular playthrough and wondered if it would work on there too. Now don't get me wrong, I've done all Sniper Elite games, even both Zombie Army games on the hardest difficulty solo, I did Sniper Elite 3 Authentic solo and I did Sniper Elite 4 Authentic solo on Xbox. I just wondered if it would work and it did so it's much better than having a friend do the whole mission and then inviting you.

So, I completed the missions out of order, I did 1, 2, 7 and 9 the day before and did 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 a few hours ago in the same way I did Authentic on the DLC. I played through each mission on very easy and got to the Exfiltration spot, changed the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrated and it didn't show I completed them on Authentic except mission 9, and I got the trophy Best of the Best once I completed mission 6 like that. It might get patched. I don't know if it was like that on Sniper Elite 4 when that first launched as I didn't try it but I know when you try to switch the difficulty mid mission it restarts the mission if you do, but on Sniper Elite 5 it doesn't for now. 

I also started a few missions on Authentic, let it autosave and then switched the difficulty to very easy and then played and did an objective and right when I was about to complete the objective, I changed the difficulty to Authentic so it would autosave on Authentic but I don't think it matters. I think you can just play each mission on very easy, get to the Exfiltration spot, change the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrate and it'll work. You do have to do the last mission on Authentic though but it's so short so it's nothing. 

Edited by JohnFPSKing
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, JohnFPSKing said:

So I was playing the DLC Wolf Mountain a few days ago, in the middle of the regular campaign anyway, wanted to kill Hitler sooner than later and so I played it a few times and was wondering if I played to the end of the level on very easy and change the difficulty right as I get to the Exfiltration spot to Authentic, would it unlock the Alpha trophy and it did.

I checked the mission after and it said the highest difficulty completed was very easy but it gave me the trophy for Authentic when I changed the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrated. So after a couple more days from being busy and just not really feeling like playing, I beat the campaign on a regular playthrough and wondered if it would work on there too. Now don't get me wrong, I've done all Sniper Elite games, even both Zombie Army games on the hardest difficulty solo, I did Sniper Elite 3 Authentic solo and I did Sniper Elite 4 Authentic solo on Xbox. I just wondered if it would work and it did so it's much better than having a friend do the whole mission and then inviting you.

So, I completed the missions out of order, I did 1, 2, 7 and 9 the day before and did 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 a few hours ago in the same way I did Authentic on the DLC. I played through each mission on very easy and got to the Exfiltration spot, changed the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrated and it didn't show I completed them on Authentic except mission 9, and I got the trophy Best of the Best once I completed mission 6 like that. It might get patched. I don't know if it was like that on Sniper Elite 4 when that first launched as I didn't try it but I know when you try to switch the difficulty mid mission it restarts the mission if you do, but on Sniper Elite 5 it doesn't for now. 

I also started a few missions on Authentic, let it autosave and then switched the difficulty to very easy and then played and did an objective and right when I was about to complete the objective, I changed the difficulty to Authentic so it would autosave on Authentic but I don't think it matters. I think you can just play each mission on very easy, get to the Exfiltration spot, change the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrate and it'll work. You do have to do the last mission on Authentic though but it's so short so it's nothing. 

I'll test it this evening. If it works you are a true Hero of the Battlefield. Nice find, thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnFPSKing said:

Is this with the current patch that’s out for it now :) 

I tried a few missions using this technique, also using Mission 6, but to no avail. Perhaps you have to do this for them all?

EDIT: Can confirm this works, you have to do all missions again just switching to Authentic before exfiltrating. 

Edited by Anke
It works.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Tristan1427 said:

Is this with the current patch that’s out for it now :) 

Yeah.

7 hours ago, Anke said:

I tried a few missions using this technique, also using Mission 6, but to no avail. Perhaps you have to do this for them all?

EDIT: Can confirm this works, you have to do all missions again just switching to Authentic before exfiltrating. 

Yeah. All missions need to be played up until you Exfiltrate and then switch the difficulty to Authentic and then Exfiltrate and it'll work. 

Edited by JohnFPSKing
  • Like 2

On 2022/6/1 at 0:16 PM, JohnFPSKing said:

Thanks for the test. If you change difficulty in SE4, the mission will restart.

Now I am wondering what will happen if I play easy, change difficulty, then invite friends to exfiltrate, will my friend’s best record changed to authentic?

If anyone hasn’t passed mission 2 on authentic feel free to add me to test it out: archangeltw_

Edited by archangeltw_

1 hour ago, archangeltw_ said:

Thanks for the test. If you change difficulty in SE4, the mission will restart.

Now I am wondering what will happen if I play easy, change difficulty, then invite friends to exfiltrate, will my friend’s best record changed to authentic?

If anyone hasn’t passed mission 2 on authentic feel free to add me to test it out: archangeltw_

Pretty sure you can, @Klarzy messaged me on PSN asking me if it works that way too, and then he said he got the trophy with my method.

On 1.6.2022 at 7:14 AM, Sikutai said:

I'll test it this evening. If it works you are a true Hero of the Battlefield. Nice find, thank you.

On 1.6.2022 at 6:16 AM, JohnFPSKing said:

As of today I can confirm that this method works. I didn't do the missions in chronological order. Just don't forget which missions you've already completed in authentic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DiscoKing said:

Is it still working as of 6/19?

Not sure but I think it still works cos it’s a SE4 method. They haven’t patched SE4 yet.

You may refer to Maka’s video which introduces another easier and single player method. People reported it still works recently

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 3

On 27/05/2022 at 7:31 PM, archangeltw_ said:

authentic is not too difficult and the game allows you to make manual saves (unlike SE4). Everyone should give authentic mode a try.

Most people won't, though.  They'll just use this exploit to cheat Authentic without even attempting to play it legitimately.

I beat SE3 on Authentic with my co-op buddy, and although we were aware of the glitch for that game, we did not use it, and managed to beat the campaign without too much trouble.  It's a shame that many people will happily use all manner of cheats and exploits to avoid having to put some actual effort into their games.

12 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Authentic is great, authentic +/++ (whatever is called) is pure BS. 

That was added to SE4? I think I'd already finished that one. Authentic in SE4 is amazing, The one big problem I had with SE5 is the enemies seem to be pretty random and there's many of them, Also I fell through the map several times on the factory.

It's not so bad in SE5 tbh and that would be the save points. 

• Like 1

Just tested with my secondary account. Save exploit is still working as of 1.06.

Though some missions are really strange. If the host returns to the lobby before the guest sees the result screen, the trophy for that mission will not pop. I retry mission 7 & 8 for that sake

Edited by archangeltw_

On 03/07/2022 at 8:29 AM, archangeltw_ said:

Just tested with my secondary account. Save exploit is still working as of 1.06.

Though some missions are really strange. If the host returns to the lobby before the guest sees the result screen, the trophy for that mission will not pop. I retry mission 7 & 8 for that sake

How are you getting this to work? Do you need to do it in Co-op?