Is my world corrupted? Half the screen is night sky and the other half is mist

lukeyboy8767

When I load my world my PS3 crashes and all I can see is half a night sky and mist, it's really disheartening as I was so close to going to the End and platinuming it? Is there any fix?

I tried deleting the game and redownloading it but the same thing happened. I have created other saves and these work fine, it's weird as the little icon shows my in the desert with a diamond sword at night but I load it and it crashes

Edited by lukeyboy8767

When I load my world my PS3 crashes and all I can see is half a night sky and mist, it's really disheartening as I was so close to going to the End and platinuming it? Is there any fix?

I tried deleting the game and redownloading it but the same thing happened. I have created other saves and these work fine, it's weird as the little icon shows my in the desert with a diamond sword at night but I load it and it crashes

This happens to my primary world in which I own my diamond tools, and lots of other miscellaneous, useful items. Fortunately, unlike yourself, I had already obtained the platinum by this point. I think it's caused by spawning inside of a block, because I remember a few times were I would see the sand block graphic, which then later developed into the "half a night sky and mist". Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to fix this. It just seems to be some sort of tedious glitch which should later get patched.

Edited by Evi

Ahh man i feel for you, same thing happened to me. I had a 30+ hr world with an epic minecart track with stations and switches linking between above and below ground bases and tunnels. An end portal that started with 3 eyes and some amazing lava behind glass wall engineering. I was out collecting my last ender eyes with my pumpkin head on and looting enchanted sword when it happened. Devastating.

If it happens to anyone else, copy your save from PS+ straightaway and you should hopefully of only lost a little. (You may want to backup the corrupt one to USB incase there is a future fix).

Unfortunately i left this till the next day so it was a no go for me. But i have a plan for you OP if you do not want/or have a friend who has done it.

USE THIS SEED: -9112652585177887426

It is a well known seed that creates a world with 2 NPC villages with 9 diamonds across the 2 blacksmith chests. The end portal is not to far from one of them as well. You could just start a new world here with a bit of a head start or follow my steps further.

STEP 1: Get diamonds from villages - (+ nice bit of obsidian and snacks)

STEP 2: Create diamond block and use infinite block exploit - (how much of your life did you loose, albeit enjoyably)

STEP 3: Create all diamond tools and armour you need - (sweet, that corrupt file not feeling quite so bad now)

STEP 4: Get some standard supplies mining and finding end portal - (you could use creative mode to find location or use my co-ordinates in spoiler)

STEP 5: Destroy a library and collect loads of books in the end portal fortress - (take out past frustrations and kill anything that moves)

STEP 6: Realise although fun STEP 5 was unnecessary - (but you can make a nice library of your own above ground)

STEP 7: Craft bucket, make obsidian, go to nether, mess up some blazes' - (use my co-ordinates to get a jump on them)

STEP 8: Hopefully you'll be about level 15, so enchant a sword with looting - (make a save before enchanting to try again if you do not get looting)

STEP 9: Get pumpkin, wear pumpkin, mess up some endermen - (big sand biome right next to everything 2-3 nights, job done, 3rd person helps)

STEP 10: Go show that dragon who is boss!!!

This should only take you a couple of hours if you don't get distracted, i got distracted and it was just an enjoyable afternoon. It's probably possible to do it in less than an hour with focus, but i am not focussed enough to guarantee it.

-- alternatively --

STEP 1: Use someone else's - (probably not as rewarding)

Hope this helps, need to get to those credits.

Ender Fortress: 112, 27, 31

I dug a 9x9 stairwell down, you should hopefully see stairs and iron door. At the top of the stairs turn left and you will see ender portal down a bit more on the left.

Build Nether Portal: 127, 68, 172

You should see structure right there, blazes are just up on the right.

• 2 weeks later...