I want to do this game legit, is there any possibility of that?

Hello, 

move recently discovered the joy of earning online trophies without boosting. It’s a pain but I feel so much more rewarded when I do it. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s something new I’m trying 

I’ve recently picked up gta 4 and I know how notoriously grindy it is, but was wondering if doing it completely legit is possible or a death wish.

I’ve played a bit of the online and got into one race with hackers. How common is that? Is it worth my time to even try this legit? Or should I cut my loses and boost immediately?

I appreciate any and all feedback

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tedcurley said:

Definitely not recommended, friend. Even when this game was recently released back in 2008, you'd be looking at several months of online play to fulfil the frankly ridiculous trophy requirements. Reaching max level 'legit' was a herculean slog, as was winning every race combination on every race track (something like 108 varieties), as well as keeping track of every different type of solo and team-based game mode. Not to mention beating the three co-op mission times with random teammates? Forget about it.

Even with boosting, you're looking at a serious commitment to find willing partners, and slog through all the requirements, keeping a close eye on tracking everything you're doing, just in case you miss something and have to start all over again.

I would recommend climbing Everest or learning Hungarian before recommending what you're suggesting, OP.

The second paragraph is accurate, and is the reason I also recommend against bothering with it atm. The first, however, is simply untrue. If you have the DLC packs there's a very time-efficient setup that allows you to idle while earning massive amounts of exp that will see you to that trophy in 2-3 days. AWP (aka the most annoying trophy) is doable within a week if you have a patient and reliable boosting group with you, and if you use a checklist- it only glitches if someone in your party is booted out, in which case you'll need to reattempt that particular mission/race until everyone has it. The timed missions are utter BS but with enough practice and a few competent partners they're doable.
Definitely closer to about a month to do the whole plat, and a couple weeks for the MP. I have no idea where you got several months unless you can only game a couple hours a day.

When I last played it about 6 or 7 years ago, it was impossible to find a match that wasn't hacked. One death match I was in had a hacker that dropped 800 million dollars and had a flying bike. But I agree with the above posters, it's a ghost town and impossible to do without some heavy boosting

Edited by DreddPirateRobb
  • Like 2

I can relate to your feelings about how it is more rewarding doing mp trophies legit and I also try to do this in my games. GTA IV sadly is not one of them - it is dead zone and any matches you do find, will likely be filled with hackers. At this point, unless you have a group willing to play it legit with you and dedicate those hours, i can't see it being a possibility. 

49 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

The second paragraph is accurate, and is the reason I also recommend against bothering with it atm. The first, however, is simply untrue. If you have the DLC packs there's a very time-efficient setup that allows you to idle while earning massive amounts of exp that will see you to that trophy in 2-3 days. AWP (aka the most annoying trophy) is doable within a week if you have a patient and reliable boosting group with you, and if you use a checklist- it only glitches if someone in your party is booted out, in which case you'll need to reattempt that particular mission/race until everyone has it. The timed missions are utter BS but with enough practice and a few competent partners they're doable.
Definitely closer to about a month to do the whole plat, and a couple weeks for the MP. I have no idea where you got several months unless you can only game a couple hours a day.

Good advice but I think the OP was looking to see if the mp is possible without any boosting

Edited by black__bunny

3 hours ago, JerrySeinfeld18 said:

Hello, 

move recently discovered the joy of earning online trophies without boosting. It’s a pain but I feel so much more rewarded when I do it. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s something new I’m trying 

I’ve recently picked up gta 4 and I know how notoriously grindy it is, but was wondering if doing it completely legit is possible or a death wish.

I’ve played a bit of the online and got into one race with hackers. How common is that? Is it worth my time to even try this legit? Or should I cut my loses and boost immediately?

You came too laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate to the party, you need a boost in this one because there is no one, at least in all races and a good tracking system of what you have won because if not, you will lose a lot of time trying to find what you missed, just like me!

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 1

I understand what you are saying and I agree but not with this game, GTA IV was a slog trophy wise since its release plus playing with hackers can lead to some unfortunate results, if you manage to find willing friends to boost through all the nonsense then go for it and best of luck since it will still be obnoxious, I particularly never touched this game again after the pigeon trophy bugged on me...never again.

5 hours ago, JerrySeinfeld18 said:

Hello, 

ok gta 4 is not possible to do without boosting so i wouldn't bother if you don't want to boost but if you do here is some advice as i did the mp about last year you need a dedicated group max 4 people so the 4 people do the team games and trade wins then the other two people after team wins will split into their team with all the races be sure to have an entire list written out of the game modes also the lobbies can break extremely easy by a player disconnecting when they are still in the game so to track this be in a ps3 text chat room cause if a person disconnected from the text chat room the lobby has broke and the win won't count so you have to restart that race, next step fly the co-op i suggest watching profbambam videos on youtube as they are extremely helpful they may take a few tries to actually finish the missions i suggest you and another player but it's good to run the missions several times before you get it down, next step level 10 this can be done quickly using a glitch but it is tricky again checkout the xp glitch on profbamabam channel it will take about a few hours but requires two real people or you can solo boost in a deathmatch with two or more ps3 consoles so use this method https://www.trueachievements.com/a21096/wanted-achievement this is a commitment but it is possible in 2022

It's one of those things where technically it is possible, but it would require an unprecedented situation  where hundreds of players decided to start playing this game again for some reason. Realistically, it's definitely not possible without boosting. I finally platinumed it not long ago, I believe toward the end of 2021. I can tell you that even if you're boosting it will be no walk in the park and you will have to dedicate quite a bit of time. I started from scratch and had it 100% in about a month but I was playing basically every day. It is a rewarding 100% though!

8 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

technically, it's not impossible...I still play iv quite regularly but as others have stated, aside from dm & sometimes tdm, the lobbies are dead (depending on time zone as well)...I play almost exclusively co-op these days and it can take over an hour for another player to join the lobby...I have 2 tvs set up and I'll play something on my ps4 and pick up my ps3 controller when someone joins my iv lobby...

also worth mentioning, you'll likely come across a good stream of hackers, veterans, and rage quitters who still play the game...you will need 119 wins total for the awp trophy...to get a win against these gamers after potentially waiting hours might be frustratingly tedious...

so, to answer the topic: if you're feeling masochistic, set up two TVs or do something else while you wait for randoms to join your lobbies and maybe, maybe you'll get all the mp done in the next 10 years legit...odds are you'll end up in a lobby with me and never win a single match...haha...

tl dr: just boost...it's more fun...can help with co-op...cheers...

Take him up on his offer. Best GTA online experience i’ve had was boosting with @ProfBambam55

Good luck with the boosting!

Edited by Coexistant