Effortless Evil now too hard for me

Crypto151

It's definitely still possible, as a level 45 War Lord I'm winning games with just my basic units alone most times.

I would recommend fully leveling a demon up first because that's when they become a real threat.

I've crafted my build to fully empower the basic units, so the first thing I do at the start of a match is place traps until i can unlock the basic portal and the first possession upgrade. Then I look for the survivors and just keep spawning and possessing the basic units and eventually you will break them down.

You want to pick your target's, tunnel vision on the healer class if need be. You basically just have to keep bullying the same person until they don't have enough items to survive. You would be surprised to find out how durable and strong the basic units can be! 

• Like 2

Got it 1 minute ago as of this writing. Spec in basic/elite health and damage, and yeah if you're playing against a good team you're gonna eat shit, but what else is new?

Know who to focus down, a split group is ripe for the taking, know the characters and who makes for a good possession target. Most people will go straight for whoever is red, but you know what? That legendary handgun ranged character that has an active ability that lets her dodge for 8 seconds free? She's gonna kill her teammates and don't even know it yet. Lay the terror on and cause disruption. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Crypto151 said:

It might have been easily done within the first few days of launch, but now its straight up impossible. Too much time has passed. You'd just have to be lucky and hope to get a noob team of survivors.

not impossible, at least for the reasons mentioned. I just started the ps5 version recently and managed to meet the requirements for the trophy 3 times out of 5 matches I played, but the trophy didn’t unlock.

I loaded up a private match (pre patch) and had my buddy quit out and it unlocked. Now that private matches don’t unlock trophies, it may be impossible to unlock if it keeps glitching like it did for me.

Really not impossible, I only started the game a few hours ago and my first time playing as demon I got effortless evil. Just stay on the survivors and harass them as much as possible and it wasn't too much hassle even without any upgrades 

• Like 2

As other people mentioned, just try to find them early. Hopefully at least 1 of them is on their own. Slaughter that person and use them as bait. Let the others come to them. If they choose to ignore them, or the person disconnects (the more likely scenario at that point lol), then try to find the rest and try picking them off one by one.

I feel this is easier done with either Necromancer or Warlord, due to their power. During the match put the first point into energy, second point into basic portal and the third point into possession. Then, with Necro, put the flutist somewhere either well hidden or maybe in a building around some traps to hopefully box people in, if they go for it. While flutist is up, possess a basic unit and go after the person not with the rest of the team. With Warlord, spawn a basic portal, hit your power (:circle: on PlayStation) and possess one of the basic units and take down the person away from the team. If you want to do it with Puppeteer, then I'd suggest doing basically the same thing as Warlord. Find the person away from the team, spawn in a basic portal and use your :circle: power to power possess one of the basic units. I like to use the heavy attacks (:r2:) with Puppeteer's basic troops. It attacks pretty fast.

Sure, this isn't going to work against a coordinated team, or at least people who stick together. But you aren't going to face survivors like that every time. Also you kind of have to get a little lucky and find them early, but that can be done. Especially on the map with the cabin. I feel the other map is a lot bigger, so it's harder to find them quicker.

I gave up playing Demon for a few days, but came back to it after a mental break. I've found that turning Crossplay off helps with this (and just winning in general). With crossplay on, I hadn't won a single match since release day; turning it off, I've won probably 50% of the time, and even got Effortless Evil in my first non-crossplay match. It's still frustrating against a coordinated team, and matchmaking takes an extra few minutes, but not being pitted up against PC players seems to be making all the difference. (And PC players seem to be cheating, too, according to evidence on the subreddit and from what I've even seen firsthand, including an immortal Cheryl who was in my survivor group that had zero health but never went down even when the rest of us were and she kept getting slapped around in ways that should've ended her and even a match where the map pieces all got "found" in the span of 25-30 seconds after the match started.)

Edited by Geoffx37
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

I gave up playing Demon for a few days, but came back to it after a mental break. I've found that turning Crossplay off helps with this (and just winning in general). With crossplay on, I hadn't won a single match since release day; turning it off, I've won probably 50% of the time, and even got Effortless Evil in my first non-crossplay match. It's still frustrating against a coordinated team, and matchmaking takes an extra few minutes, but not being pitted up against PC players seems to be making all the difference. (And PC players seem to be cheating, too, according to evidence on the subreddit and from what I've even seen firsthand, including an immortal Cheryl who was in my survivor group that had zero health but never went down even when the rest of us were and she kept getting slapped around in ways that should've ended her and even a match where the map pieces all got "found" in the span of 25-30 seconds after the match started.)

I get unlucky and seem to fight a lot of teams when I turn crossplay off. Most of my losses have come from when I had crossplay off, to avoid hackers back when they were really bad a day or two before the last patch. So I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Some PC players are extra tough, even if they aren't hacking. Like I hate facing good PC hunters. They just one-shot kill everything with their constant headshots.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Geoffx37 said:

i have definitely run into some hackers as well on PC. a few players who were just unkillable (damage bar never moving), as well as one player who was one shotting every single enemy (including elites) with a pistol. also ran into a PC player who was playing the demon and somehow had Henrietta moving as fast as a vehicle

For those who are still worried about this trophy due to skill level, it is still indeed possible. I was worried that I would not ever be able to get it, as I'm not very good at multiplayer games. However, last night I was able to get the trophy, against all PC players no less! I used a level 30 Necromancer and upgraded every infernal skill except boss. There were a few times I accidently summoned the boss by pressing the wrong combination of buttons in previous matches, so I made sure not to give myself that ability.

Tips: Use every tool (traps, possessions, units, etc.) to keep up the pressure. If the survivors split up, go after the weakest one who is alone. If they are grouping together, keep the pressure so intense that they are stuck in an area for as long as possible. Possessions of survivors and units will be an invaluable tool to control the chaos. Fully leveled up traps that release elite units are also extremely helpful. Guard any bleeding out survivors so you can try to stop revives. There is more advice I could give, but I'll stop there.

With all of this said, you will also need luck for this trophy if you are not skilled at this game. Just keep playing until you find the weak enough group to get this trophy with. All the failed matches before this moment will give you lessons to get better. It may seem impossible, but with enough luck and practice you can get this trophy legitimately. 

EDIT: I just got the Armageddon trophy last night. I got several wins without summoning the boss as I got better, especially after my necromancer was level 45. This trophy is very doable. I found playing during prime time gaming hours helps to not only get into matches quickly, but also because more solo and/or new players will be playing, leading to less organized teams. Like anything, playing demon takes practice, but once I understood the playstyle I found it way easier to win as a demon than as a survivor. 

Edited by QuietCool187
Update
  • Like 1

I have at least two games where survivors ran out of time. In one of these games, I (unintentionally) did not summon the boss.

And there is a well-known tactic (suitable for Henrietta and the Necromancer) of finding survivors early and spamming base possessed units.

Sooner or later, you will come across a team that you can crush at the very beginning (well, or not at the beginning, but a little later, but without the help of the boss).

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I was able to get effortless evil without even trying by playing Puppeteer. With the influx of PS+ players it's sometimes possible to win before even the book or dagger are finished. Puppeteer power possessed basics are extremely strong (especially if you get the related skills) and so if you get an easy team you can focus them down just with basics and possessing them.

Edited by Darling Baphomet