JourneyS Casual Collection Roulette

Hey there! I'm JourneySilvers, a casual trophy collector who cares more about collecting than completion. 

I've always been interested in these checklists, but I know myself well enough to understand that I'm not the kind of person to keep their attention on a single list of games to platinum. I get bored and jump around games a lot. So, I've put some thought into a way I could participate in a checklist without boring myself or making this hobby feel like a job. Therefore... 

Lets make it fun and random with a Roulette!

Here's how it works:

I throw a ton of random games onto a roulette wheel. Some of them I've finished the story and need to clean up some trophies, some of them I've gotten distracted halfway through, and some of them are in a backlog of games that I haven't even started. I spin the wheel and get a game. 

Next, I have a separate wheel numbered 1 - 10. Whichever number the wheel lands on is the number of trophies I must earn in the game before spinning both wheels and starting again. If the number of trophies left in the game is smaller than the number the wheel lands on, I will have to platinum said game. 

Each trophy I get within a task I'll do a little writeup for. ?

This little game is to inspire me to hunt more, and to stay on track with mini-tasks rather than having an entire daunting game to platinum in front of me. 

A few things...

1. This is not timed in any kind of way. I can work on my roulette task whenever the need to do so hits.
  2. I am not barred from playing any other games while a roulette task is underway. 
  3. The idea is for this to be casual and fun. Its meant to inspire and give myself some direction. 

If anyone else wants to do something similar, feel free to share your own tasks or talk about the trophies here. ?

Spin 1:

Game: Horizon Zero Dawn

Screenshot_20220528-132847_Wheel.jpg

Trophy Number: 6

Screenshot_20220528-132910_Wheel.jpg

Horizon is a game I enjoy but have left many times. I haven't finished it, so earning six trophies shouldn't be too bad. ?

• Like 2

Spin 1 Results

Horizon Zero Dawn | Trophies: 6

47S1b4163.png

Crashed the Eclipse network

Infiltrated the Eclipse battle camp and crashed their network.

~ A story based trophy. I pretty much launched the game in the middle of this mission. Struggled a bit to remember controls and got my ass handed to me multiple times because of it, but overall it was pretty fast.

12S31b4e4.png   All Recon machines killed
  Killed at least one of every type of Reconnaissance machine.

~ I honestly had no idea this trophy existed. I was running around doing some side quests to re-familiarize myself with the game, and ended up getting this one out of the blue. 

33S18ab1e.png

First Vantage found
 Found and accessed a Vantage datapoint.

~ I actually never quite understood the collectibles in Horizon, so I figured now was my chance. I spent a good few hours fast traveling around and picking up collectibles I had never understood or bothered with before. To my surprise, I had never even fumbled upon a vantage point before, so I got the trophy for my first one. 

8S741057.png  Headshot 30 human enemies
 Killed 30 human enemies by landing headshots on them.

~ I started deliberately going for headshots in order to work my way up to this trophy. Little did I know, I must've already done a ton of that in my past gameplay because I got the trophy after one run in with some enemy soldiers on a side quest. Good work, past me!

16Sceb266.png

Reached level 25
 Reached player level 25.

~ Self explanatory, reached level 25. 

48Sb87ea6.png  Discovered the truth
 Discovered the truth of Zero Dawn.

~ Annnnd finally, another story based trophy to get me at six trophies. Easily the best part of the game so far too, what an incredible scene at the end of the mission. I LOVED getting to finally meet a certain character in person. 

-~-~-~-

A few thoughts, but this little idea is already paying off. I don't think I would've picked Horizon back up anytime soon if not for this, and I'm really glad I did. I forgot how gorgeous the game's environments were and how much I liked Alloy. That being said... I'm already feeling a bit burnt out from playing it all day lol. Open world games, as amazing as they are, can exhaust me pretty quickly. Grabbing that last trophy felt like the perfect break point for me in all honesty. 

• Like 1