Pre-Owned Vita and Trophies

XandstarSanTV

Okay, so as title kinda suggests, I have a few questions about the PS Vita.

I heard about people who bought a pre-owned ps vita, put in their accounts and got trophy lists for games that they didn't play, and now have their backlog all screwed up with games they don't own.

Following from the statement above, my question is, how can I avoid this happening to me when I use my account I have now, with all games on 100%, and nothing attached to a vita and use this ps vita I have, previously owned?

Should I format and test it with some alt account to make sure nothing syncs or what?

Another question is, I'll be playing vita games that don't requiere online trophies or anything

How can I avoid opening some built in apps or stuff that have trophies like Paint Park?

Following that question, how do avoid in general anything messing up my trophy lists?

I can rephrase some stuff if needed.

The Vita and it’s memory card can only hold one account. Formatting and putting your account on there wipes any account, including any that were added without ever connecting to the internet. 

Once you format and add your account, go online to make sure your Vitas clock is synced with PSN and you won’t get Missing Timestamps. If you ever are asked to set the time and date when you start up your Vita, connect to PSN before unlocking any trophies to avoid any Missing Timestamps in the future. 

• Like 1

I bought a preowned vita from Japan as my own one broke, and it was completely factory resetted so nothing happened, I just logged into my account normally. 

The vita can only have one account on it, and the games and data are on the memory card. So if you do get a vita that's not in a like new state, remove the memory card if there is one and factory reset it, which wipes everything. If there is stuff in the memory card that you don't want, you can wipe that as well to use for your own stuff, which is what I recommend doing. Usually vitas don't come with a memory card anyway, you have to get your own one. 

• Like 1