KindaSabbath

Destroying The Yeeee YAW! Trophy!!

10 posts in this topic

Wow absolutely insane dude! I wanna say first of all that I appreciate the mention, although you got way better at the game than I ever did very quickly! I knew you were planning on making this video so nice to see it finally. It's one thing to destroy it the way you did but quite another to consistently set developer times back to back throughout it lol. The last part where you destroy Oxide was very satisfying indeed. It just shows the level you can get to in this amazing game. It was also a nice touch that you show the difference in the level from when you just started the game to where you got to. The Oxide times are tough but doable after awhile. I'm sure it will be very motivating for the community as at the start I remember finding it pretty hard. I'm glad you had fun with it! I look forward to future games with you!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Wow absolutely insane dude! I wanna say first of all that I appreciate the mention, although you got way better at the game than I ever did very quickly!


Dude, you’re the fucking man with Arcade Racers, if you ever go back to CTR on a dev hunt you will destroy everything (including all of my times) 🔥 🔥

 

Plus you took the time to teach me much about the game back when I first started playing it! (you also helped me pick the game when I told you that I wanted to try a racing game!)

 

- I can’t seem to pick multiple quotes on my phone today? Anyways, I’m glad you enjoyed the video! It was hella fun to make!  Yes, the skill ceiling in this game is huge and after the platinum I will be moving on to new and exciting projects, but, I will always come back to CTR to push for further improvements and sweat some Time Trials! 
 

The part where you mention motivation for the community - this is 100% my intention with the video. Persistence is an underrated skill and one that will take you far in games like these. My play-through and the contrast from the two additional videos are just a great example of exactly that!

 

Yeah bro, I’m looking forward to future games with you! Bring on Warhammer 🔥👊

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn thats awesome! 

 

I honestly suck at the game (struggle with even a win on Hard mode let alone the TTs)

 

Kind of shelved it thinking I had no hope, but recently I am working through some of the forgotten about games and giving them a second chance (started with Conan and got that done yesterday!)

 

You have given me hope haha! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this doesn't scream --> Passion, then I don't know what else it is. Even though I have yet to play this game, I was always interested in hearing about your CTR adventures and the many pushbacks you've had. The videos are also truly an inspiration and it makes me want to do all the dev times when I get to this game in the future. Again kudos to you for reaching such a level of skill in this game 👌

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the tag, at some point I need to return to my favourite kart racer to try and hit some sweet PB's of my own but I'm just flooded with other projects I'm working on. I think this should help to motivate others to practice and learn from their mistakes instead of creating share-play sessions because they don't want to put the effort/time in. CTR NF is one of those rare games that has an insane amount of godlike players who make players like myself look slow. Breaking into the top 1000 on the global leaderboards is a feat in itself, hopefully my Blizzard Bluff is still just in that top 1000 range ^^ 

 

There's a lot of tech that the group of us doesn't understand when it comes to CTR NF, I found some tech on Blizzard Bluff and Papu's Pyramid that would vastly improve your lap times but the Papu's Pyramid extended shortcut I've never pulled off before but I understand the theory of what to do. I really enjoyed the video you put together but we all know you wouldn't have reached that level if it wasn't for the Paddington Bear skin for Polar!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LAD-Shooter said:

Damn thats awesome! 

 

I honestly suck at the game (struggle with even a win on Hard mode let alone the TTs)

 

Kind of shelved it thinking I had no hope, but recently I am working through some of the forgotten about games and giving them a second chance (started with Conan and got that done yesterday!)

 

You have given me hope haha! 


Thanks dude! 👊

 

I wouldn’t worry too much about Hard Mode until you’ve beaten the TT’s, personally. I think attacking the time trials mode is the way to go because when you have them wrapped up, your skill level will be much higher, thus the difficulty and A.I on Adventure Mode will be almost none existent. You’ll be used to getting off the line fast and familiar with making a good start to a track - once you’ve split from the pack, you probably won’t see anyone again until you’re waiting for them to cross the finish line!

 

There’s always hope! It’s just a matter of putting the time in and building up muscle memory. In regards to the time trials specifically - the tracks don’t change, the time to beat stays the same but you can do things differently and keep improving until you smash it! Watch videos to learn different approaches / different techniques and start to build out your own play style. 
 

There’s a tonne of resources for this game just on YouTube alone, I’m happy to send you many helpful videos if you need, just say the word! All of my dev runs are on my YT channel too, while they’re a little beyond what’s required to beat Oxide - they definitely could teach you good lines and clean shortcuts which could be useful! Feel free to drop me a FR and if you need any tips / advice, just shoot me a DM 🤙

 

Also congrats on the Conan completion! If you return to CTR - good luck! 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

If this doesn't scream --> Passion, then I don't know what else it is. Even though I have yet to play this game, I was always interested in hearing about your CTR adventures and the many pushbacks you've had. The videos are also truly an inspiration and it makes me want to do all the dev times when I get to this game in the future. Again kudos to you for reaching such a level of skill in this game 1f44c.png

 

Appreciate it Don! I’m looking forward to watching you destroy the dev times! I think you’re going to have a lot of fun with this game to be honest! It will be good to talk about CTR from your perspective, while you’re blasting through it! 💪
 

19 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Appreciate the tag, at some point I need to return to my favourite kart racer to try and hit some sweet PB's of my own but I'm just flooded with other projects I'm working on. I think this should help to motivate others to practice and learn from their mistakes instead of creating share-play sessions because they don't want to put the effort/time in. CTR NF is one of those rare games that has an insane amount of godlike players who make players like myself look slow. Breaking into the top 1000 on the global leaderboards is a feat in itself, hopefully my Blizzard Bluff is still just in that top 1000 range ^^ 

 

There's a lot of tech that the group of us doesn't understand when it comes to CTR NF, I found some tech on Blizzard Bluff and Papu's Pyramid that would vastly improve your lap times but the Papu's Pyramid extended shortcut I've never pulled off before but I understand the theory of what to do. I really enjoyed the video you put together but we all know you wouldn't have reached that level if it wasn't for the Paddington Bear skin for Polar!


Thanks brother! Yes, I agree - this game is worthy of the time investment! I think the main reason why it has such a strong following - so much so - that there really are many “Godlike” players, is because the gameplay is so satisfying, which just makes it easy to sink the hours in and watch yourself progress / get faster! 
 

I know you have many projects in the works and the projects you do work on are always of such high quality! When you do return to your favourite Kart Racer - I’m sure you will light up the leaderboards with many new PB’s! Also, yeah bro, your Blizzard Bluff is still top 1,000 you sweater motherfucka 😂😂😂

 

We’ll have to talk more about the tech when you do return! You know I’m always down to talk CTR! I’ve also seen some mad shit that is used by the top players - way beyond my understanding of the game currently. 
 

You’re not wrong though - the skin is where all the speed comes from…. But it’s not pay to win because I bought it with in-game currency from grinding out times. Around here - we call that shit “Grind to Shine” 🔥

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 30/05/2022 at 9:13 AM, KindaSabbath said:

Dude, you’re the fucking man with Arcade Racers, if you ever go back to CTR on a dev hunt you will destroy everything (including all of my times) 1f525.png1f525.png

 

Plus you took the time to teach me much about the game back when I first started playing it! (you also helped me pick the game when I told you that I wanted to try a racing game!)

 

- I can’t seem to pick multiple quotes on my phone today? Anyways, I’m glad you enjoyed the video! It was hella fun to make!  Yes, the skill ceiling in this game is huge and after the platinum I will be moving on to new and exciting projects, but, I will always come back to CTR to push for further improvements and sweat some Time Trials! 
 

The part where you mention motivation for the community - this is 100% my intention with the video. Persistence is an underrated skill and one that will take you far in games like these. My play-through and the contrast from the two additional videos are just a great example of exactly that!

 

Yeah bro, I’m looking forward to future games with you! Bring on Warhammer 1f525.png1f44a.png

 

I actually didn't back to this haha. Cheers man, I might have played a lot of different ones but some of you guys are so much faster on this game. I'm glad I was of some help at the start although then again as I've said before multiple times, your skill on this surpassed mine pretty quickly haha. I know you've developed a lot of skill on everything you play especially recently. I knew this was the game for you & it's great to see your video after all this time on how much you have destroyed it. There's just so much improvement in a game like this on so many levels, which is why it has such a massive community in itself! It's inspiring & also a lot of fun watching everyone on it. I'm definitely looking forward to the games that a few of us have planned together. It will be a good challenge to tackle together & more importantly a lot of fun!

Edited by Destructor-8
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see people are still active in this game. I have over 800 hours in this and absolutely adore it! 
 

if anyone wants to do some friendly time trial competition pushing PBS here on PSNprofiles, feel free to add me: SkippiesBar on psn. 
 

we could do a psnprofiles leaderboard in the game or something :) 
 


 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.