How hard is this game?

PHIL_DADDY1

This game is currently on sale for $0.75 on the Australian PSN store and was interested in purchasing it, however, it doesn't seem like many people own or have earned trophies on it. 

From the trophy list, it seems quite standard and not too difficult. Why are most trophies very rare?

Anyone have any info?

• 4 months later...

It’s not very difficult at all, once you understand the mechanics it’s a 2/10. The style is similar to 5 Nights At Freddys, but gets pretty repetitive quickly.
You can get all the trophies in a couple of hours. I would say it’s just about worth it for that price, but there’s plenty of other games that are far more engaging. 

• 1 year later...

Having finished the game twice (NA EU stacks), I would have to agree with @roosta_141...

Some tips:

✔️Always start the chapter sleeping while facing the carousel, then turn 180º (now facing the lamp or reindeer plushie) only after winding it up.  During Chapters 1 and 2 we can wait for the second wind-up before we turn around.

✔️There is a decoy sound that taps twice which has no fear monsters attached to it, which can and should be ignored.

✔️The closet sounds has clicks like a 'projector had just started to play' followed by a tarpaulin (or paper) flapping in the wind.  Having this in mind helps distinguish it from the 'door knock' monster.  Once we mastered differentiating the two sounds from the other, the game seems more easier to follow.

✔️Toggle the lamp on and off when both the knock and the closet monsters appear at the same time.  The closet takes precedence over the knock,  so wait for it to return back in the closet before switching off the lights.  The confusion between the two is when the knock monster closes the door and the closet opens.  They are somewhat similar, but not completely the same - the knock seems to muffle down while the closet click sounds tend to go up.

✔️The thunder can be a problem if the closet monster comes out when it claps or rumbles.  The loudness of it masks the opening of the closet door.  When in doubt just turn the lamp on, let the baby sit and quickly get up to turn it off again (to avoid the knock monster).  Do not leave the lamp on for too long or the battery drains out quickly.

✔️Picking up the reindeer plushie :cross: when the grandma's chair rocks can be at the very last second.  Chapters 1-2 can pick it up on the 6th rocking sound...  Chapters 3-6 is on the 7th.  The maximum rocking that the chair does is 9, but play it safe.  I use this as a gauge so I would know how to make it the last priority, especially when the various monsters come out at the same time.  I also let the baby sleep up to the 7th rocking to maximise it.

✔️The scratching lasts up to 3 seconds.  We can sleep up to 2 seconds and release :circle: at the very last second.  This one is the easiest to deal with. It scratches further once we sleep longer than 3 seconds but it is still quite generous in giving leeway and will not attack immediately.

✔️Some folks say ignore the carousel - do NOT believe that.  Although it can wait and be the last of all priorities, do not make the wind-up sound last for more than 10 cranks.

✔️The closet takes priority of everything. The knock comes second. Scratching third. Rocking fourth and the carousel is the very last.

Spoiler

The Permadeath trophy needs to be done in one go, meaning no closing of the game while replaying the chapters and they have to be played continuously in one sitting but not necessarily in order.  So this means save scumming is not allowed.

Although in my experience, it is probably best to start with the hardest (Chapter 6) first then step down to the easier ones.  The chance of success is higher if played in reverse order rather than sequential or randomised.

But be mindful of the freeroam/collectible chapters.  These are best played in chronological order.  I believe jumping to Chapter 7 while skipping other (collectible) chapters will finish the game as incomplete, perhaps even record the skipped chapters as death.

I know it is just easy to say this, but try to get the Permadeath run during the first playthrough.  Replaying the game through chapter select will include all the other fear monsters that otherwise would only appear during the latter chapters.  The Scratching and Rocking fears would even appear in Chapter 2 when playing post-game, when they would not in the first run.

Edited by Eispan
... mind over matter folks...