How likely is it that EA will close the servers for this game?

I've been trying to get the last trophy for this game for a while now, but I can't get myself to play this game for more than 2 hours straight before I get overloaded with cringe and I just don't want to play it anymore. The only reason I still play it is for that one trophy, after that the game gets deleted and I will never play it again.

So I was wondering, how likely is it that EA will close the servers for this game? I know the game is no longer supported by EA and they have basically let the game go, but for how long do you guys think they will keep the servers running? I could imagine them closing the servers when they see that basically no one is playing the game anymore (which is already the case, the lobbies are full of bots). Could that mean that the platinum, and certain trophies, would become unobtainable?

I'm also asking to know if I can then leave the game for a while and play it for an hour or 2 a week in between or if I have to fight to get the game to 100% now before the servers close I don't want to have a game at 90% that I could then never get to 100% again.

Edited by its_ArchroniX

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 1:57 AM, its_ArchroniX said:

I've been trying to get the last trophy for this game for a while now, but I can't get myself to play this game for more than 2 hours straight before I get overloaded with cringe and I just don't want to play it anymore. The only reason I still play it is for that one trophy, after that the game gets deleted and I will never play it again.

So I was wondering, how likely is it that EA will close the servers for this game? I know the game is no longer supported by EA and they have basically let the game go, but for how long do you guys think they will keep the servers running? I could imagine them closing the servers when they see that basically no one is playing the game anymore (which is already the case, the lobbies are full of bots). Could that mean that the platinum, and certain trophies, would become unobtainable?

I'm also asking to know if I can then leave the game for a while and play it for an hour or 2 a week in between or if I have to fight to get the game to 100% now before the servers close I don't want to have a game at 90% that I could then never get to 100% again.

The game is not gonna be closing down for a couple of years, which means you will have plenty of time doing so. Ever since the game has not  been receiving patches since 2020 I think, you can make use of the known glitches to earn XP slot faster. 

One question of the cringe you are not wanting to deal with? I had not been cringing at all when playing the game. 

• 2 months later...