Golem25

*CONFIRMED* PS Plus for June 2022; God of War, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

149 posts in this topic

If true, not my favourite month.

 

God of war will be cool for people stuck on ps4 though.

 

Super Nickelodeon brothers brawl isn't really my style of game.

 

And I know absolutely nothing about naruto, never seen it or played any of the games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I ran into something when I was going for the Persona 5 Royal platinum where I couldn't get one of the avatar packs because supposedly it was time limited but nothing ever gave an indication that it was.

 

If you contact Sony support they can get the codes for you

I plat FFVII remake a while ago and just found out there were avatars rewards, contact them this weekend and got all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I have been avoiding the ps+ curse of buying something just before it gets a free release but GoW finally did me in ahhahaha Awesome lineup though :D a bit for everyone 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm doubtful, there's no PS5 game among those 3. It would also set a bad precedent for their new service since God of War is included in the second PS+ tier.

not to mention that it's free for PS5 owners period

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichMasteR said:

 

If you contact Sony support they can get the codes for you

I plat FFVII remake a while ago and just found out there were avatars rewards, contact them this weekend and got all

I've done that, the avatar pack with Haru and Kasume was apparently a limited offer despite not even being the hardest to get.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I ran into something when I was going for the Persona 5 Royal platinum where I couldn't get one of the avatar packs because supposedly it was time limited but nothing ever gave an indication that it was.

Hmm, well that would be a cause for concern. I know Sony has a page or at least a blurb on their site about the few games that offer such rewards but I don't recall any time limit info. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's not true, otherwise all I see are three garbage games with zero entertainment value.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really starting to feel like Sony are trying to 'encourage' players to up their tier beyond the basic package to get anything worth a shit. GOW isn't bad at all but by this point how many players aren't going to have that? Especially when it's available for cheap if they wanted it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God of War is truly one of the top 5 games of the generation. Just a great game from top to bottom. Looks good, plays good. Beyond that the others are not for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's subjective, but I can't remember when the last PS Plus games announcements really grabbed me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Would be great to see Indie games suffering in obscurity with ~300 owners be included here to give them the boost they deserve. 

 

I've said this for a long time, Plus would be much better off featuring good indies, there's a lot of them that get lost in the catalogue.   I'm not sure how they work the budget for Plus but I have to imagine it would be cheaper, and maybe they could pepper the service with the odd day one AAA release.   

 

I understand the arguments on both sides when it comes to popular AAA games, but GOW is over 4 years old, it's been on the Plus collection for a year and a half, and it's been dirt cheap to buy for a long time, it's £7.50 on Amazon right now.   All additions like this do is eye roll the 20 million or so PS5 users, GOW fans that were always buying it, and even more gamers with mild interest that could pick it up so cheaply it's worth the punt.   I get that some will be happy with the opportunity to play it but I have to query how many gamers that actually is, and is it worth annoying, at bare minimum, 20 million PS5 users that got this game free as part of the 'buy this console incentive' collection?  I'm not sure it is worth it, and it's not the first time we've all had this debate.

 

I'd honestly rather see good indies on the service, there's some great little indie games out there that just pass people by.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I'd honestly rather see good indies on the service, there's some great little indie games out there that just pass people by.

 

Presumably those indie games get lost because the general public avoid or aren't interested in them. 

You want to use the service as a way to lead a horse to water and make them drink.

 

Trading popular games for unpopular games doesn't seem like a good deal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

I'd honestly rather see good indies on the service, there's some great little indie games out there that just pass people by.

People want big-name games on the service as it makes them feel like they get more value for being a PS+ member. There are great indie games out there, but being able to put a big name AAA like FIFA ( I hate Soccer/sports games) game will be far more positive for the service.

 

I think they do a good job at helping smaller games explode in popularity. I doubt Fall Guys or Rocket League would have ever garnered such a huge audience if they weren't on PS+ at launch. Even more recently Bugsnax would probably have gotten no attention.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong case for just letting my subscription to PS+ lapse when the year is up

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, Infected Elite said:

ultimately doesn't mean much to me. im upgrading to premium. I also very rarely touch psplus titles 

 

Same, this drop news became a lot less important. The only update is to see the full catalog.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Patrin18 said:

 

Same, this drop news became a lot less important. The only update is to see the full catalog.

 

i don't even care about full catalog, it'll have PSNow and some other stuff but idk how likely i am to play ps1 games. PS2 depends what they are, but also unlikely. Prob stick to some ps3 games, do some easy fighters.. and so on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After I plat god of war Ragnarok, I'm gonna sell the disc because we'll eventually get it for free down the line 🙄

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

Presumably those indie games get lost because the general public avoid or aren't interested in them. 

You want to use the service as a way to lead a horse to water and make them drink.

 

Trading popular games for unpopular games doesn't seem like a good deal.

 

Respectfully, I don't think that's fair, there's a lot of good indies that just don't get the exposure, a lot rely on word of mouth, it's not strictly that they are unpopular or lack interest, they often just get lost in amongst the plethora of games that release constantly and overshadowing from fashionable big budget AAA games that have the marketing budget behind them.  You can't make a horse drink, but there's nothing wrong leading it to water, many indies are great experiences that sometimes put AAA games to shame.

 

58 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

People want big-name games on the service as it makes them feel like they get more value for being a PS+ member. There are great indie games out there, but being able to put a big name AAA like FIFA ( I hate Soccer/sports games) game will be far more positive for the service.

 

I think they do a good job at helping smaller games explode in popularity. I doubt Fall Guys or Rocket League would have ever garnered such a huge audience if they weren't on PS+ at launch. Even more recently Bugsnax would probably have gotten no attention.

 

I understand the value perception, I did say pepper it with AAA releases, but I've always had a problem with both popular, like TJ above stated, and the age of AAA games, in that a lot  gamers will have already bought these games...they're popular after all, and the longer from release the easier it is, for people that want to play these titles, to pick them up cheaply.  TJ made the comment about not being interested in indies, the same applies to AAA, I really do query how many gamers that have any interest in GOW haven't already played it, compared to those that have no interest regardless.  I'm sure there will be some but I suspect it's quite the minority.

 

Day one releases of AAA games would be welcome, we're seeing more of that in the industry, I think NHL 22 released day one on Game Pass for example, having a Plus line up with regular good indies and the occasional day one AAA would be much preferable to years old AAA games that most have already played and/or can pick up dirt cheap.

 

I agree with you about smaller games, I could list a lot of indie games that I played because of Plus that were a blast, Deadly Tower of Monsters, New Little King's Story, Grow Home, Galak-Z, Xeodrifter, Apotheon, Horizon Chase Turbo (fantastic little arcade racer)...   I can't think of many AAA games on Plus that I didn't already own.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

I understand the value perception, I did say pepper it with AAA releases, but I've always had a problem with both popular, like TJ above stated, and the age of AAA games, in that a lot  gamers will have already bought these games...they're popular after all, and the longer from release the easier it is, for people that want to play these titles, to pick them up cheaply.  TJ made the comment about not being interested in indies, the same applies to AAA, I really do query how many gamers that have any interest in GOW haven't already played it, compared to those that have no interest regardless.  I'm sure there will be some but I suspect it's quite the minority.

 

Day one releases of AAA games would be welcome, we're seeing more of that in the industry, I think NHL 22 released day one on Game Pass for example, having a Plus line up with regular good indies and the occasional day one AAA would be much preferable to years old AAA games that most have already played and/or can pick up dirt cheap.

 

I agree with you about smaller games, I could list a lot of indie games that I played because of Plus that were a blast, Deadly Tower of Monsters, New Little King's Story, Grow Home, Galak-Z, Xeodrifter, Apotheon, Horizon Chase Turbo (fantastic little arcade racer)...   I can't think of many AAA games on Plus that I didn't already own.

I think the issue in this specific instance is GoW itself. It's a game that sold over 10 million copies, is part of the PS Collection (so it's already free for all PS5 owners), and it will actually be part of the upper tiers of the new PS+ subscription. It has no business being a free game on PS+.

 

For quite some time, PS+ AAA games have generally been games I don't buy like Darksiders, Just Cause, Battlefield, Tomb Raider, and more. These are definitely older titles for sure, but I think you might be underestimating how many people just don't get around to buying games they are interested in. It definitely feels bad when it is a game you have, like when FF7 Remake was free (and surprisingly quickly after launch), but I don't think it's as widespread as most make it out to be.

 

I think more AAA game Day One release would be great, but I don't think it will happen. As far as I can tell, If Xbox wasn't owned by Microsoft, they would be hemorrhaging money. It doesn't seem like it's sustainable, but we will see.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new low, the "showcase" of the month being a title that's already permanently free if you have a PS5.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected nothing and I'm still let down. 😭

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2022 at 2:39 PM, Squarevii87 said:

i think  god of war sold 20m copies

ps4  120m

so its around 15%

How dare you use math/statistics as an argument when we are living in times where feelings are more important than science 🙃

On 5/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

Come on guys, look at the bright side. 😄

Totally agree with you. Probably sony is planning to take down the whole Ps plus collection in a near future (one game was already took out). 😊😅

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.