*CONFIRMED* PS Plus for June 2022; God of War, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

Golem25

For me it's an excellent month, never played God of War, a game that is considered to be one of the best games on PS4, I'm also a big fan of Naruto so I'm quite happy.

Not everyone has a PS5 to claim GoW, lot of people can't even get one even if they wanted, I do understand the frustration of those that have.

4 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

For me it's an excellent month, never played God of War, a game that is considered to be one of the best games on PS4, I'm also a big fan of Naruto so I'm quite happy.

Not everyone has a PS5 to claim GoW, lot of people can't even get one even if they wanted, I do understand the frustration of those that have.

Well, if PS4 users didn't want to nor couldn't spend 10 euros on a single game, they could have opt for PSNow given that it was added twice already (first as a 3-months game and later permanently) - same price for a full plethora of games...

So yeah this is a middle finger to both PS5 users and PSNow users ?

• Like 4

I'm glad Sony are getting a backlash for this, most people are not happy looking on social media and the PS Blog. Sony won't care though, GOW takes the spot of a game so that's nothing they have to pay, and as long they get a few more people to buy the New GOW.... That's the main thing here. 

Its also another month where its 2 of the same type of games for the others, I'm not a huge fan of fighting games so this is poor for me, even more so that we got 2 last month on Now as well. Sony are so clueless. Oh well, just continue to play my PS3. 

Y'all I get the complaints from a hardcore PS fan perspective but we gotta stop overexaggerating about wasted months.

God of War has sold around 20 million copies but there are are around 117.2 million people with PS4s. That's a massive amount of people who have never touched the game and that can be enticed into buying the sequel after getting the first for free. There are also tons of kids and people who don't pay attention to the games industry at all who may try it and it could entice them into checking out other games and getting more into the hobby.

Again, I get that it's annoying if you're a hardcore PS fan but we gotta think outside our bubble sometimes. 

Edited by Maxemole
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Y'all need to chill and stop barking at each other lol. Some will be happy - some will not. Some months are good - some are meh.

Is it always good? No. Is it so bad that we need to boycott Sony? No.

Big difference between a bad month and a game that's always been available to everyone on PS5 and is part of PS Now. Put it as a bonus game, sure, but not the main game. 

• Like 4

I have not really cared much for the PS+ lineup in the last 2 years. Honestly since they dropped the PS3/Vita games it all became much less interesting. Sure I will add the games, but I rarely even start them. Now I have let my PS+ expire and I do not think I will be renewing it any time soon. Games like this certainly will not cause me to sign up again.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Ding. Ding. Ding. 

We have a winner.

And? Your point is? That every plus game that gets in the top 10 of this site is amazing and never bad? There are ezpz cheap trash in the top 10, sony should start giving them on plus in bundles.

1 hour ago, Maxemole said:

Y'all I get the complaints from a hardcore PS fan perspective but we gotta stop overexaggerating about wasted months.

God of War has sold around 20 million copies but there are are around 117.2 million people with PS4s. That's a massive amount of people who have never touched the game and that can be enticed into buying the sequel after getting the first for free. There are also tons of kids and people who don't pay attention to the games industry at all who may try it and it could entice them into checking out other games and getting more into the hobby.

Again, I get that it's annoying if you're a hardcore PS fan but we gotta think outside our bubble sometimes. 

But it is a wasted month. GOW is the best game I've played on PS4, but the fact the game is taking the main spot is just poor when its its already on PS Plus collection and NOW. Fair enough if this was a one off, but Sony do this WAY too much, and this is a Triple Dipper. I've been with Plus and Now since day 1, this is now the 4th time its been on their paid subs. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I already played GoW years ago with a PS Now trial, and I have negative interest in anime games. All-Star Brawl, however, could be worth a shot, speaking as a cartoon addict. Sucks that I'm bad at fighting games.

22 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

But it is a wasted month. GOW is the best game I've played on PS4, but the fact the game is taking the main spot is just poor when its its already on PS Plus collection and NOW. Fair enough if this was a one off, but Sony do this WAY too much, and this is a Triple Dipper. I've been with Plus and Now since day 1, this is now the 4th time its been on their paid subs. 

I get that but I don't think PS+ games should or are even meant to cater to people who have every subscription service lol. What benefit would Sony gain from doing that? Hardcore players are going to get most new exclusives day 1 anyways, and like it or not those types of players (me and you included) are in the massive minority. We're not who's being catered to here and I think that's okay.    

• Like 1

Loving all this math "logics" ? we have X consoles and Y games sold, it represents Z% of people who played the game.

You guys know that "copies sold" equals to New copies sold from retailers and digital stores, correct? If someone sells their game, this second person won't count towards the original selling copies. Considering it's been 4 years, those million copies sold could have been played by hundreds of different people... So it's impossible to calculate exactly how many people actually played the game, UNLESS, for example, we had access to the number of total players from PSN Trophies.

I also gotta say that it's funny (in a sad way) how some people act "naturally" to this announcement. Either these people are all rainbows (everything will be allright)/naive or they simply don't Want to understand the deception of someone that pays more.

We're talking about God of War now (and I think it's the pinnacle), but it happened before with Nioh and Hollow Knight. If someone pays 40 or 60 euros more to Sony, besides their 60 euros of PSPlus, they don't expect duplicates, otherwise they would stick with the basic service and get the same good benefits. When I had PS Now, it was frustrating that a game like Hollow Knight was a top game and, after few months, it was the top game for all PS+ gamers.

"Not everyone played the game", sure. But a lot of people also did. A lot of people paid full price allowing Santa Monica to make the sequel, a lot of people paid for extra services to play that (among other) games. This isnt about "I don't like this kind of games" (online only, DEMOS, DLC, Sports), it's another worthless month because it's a duplicate to a lot of people - either they bought the game 4 years ago, either paid 10$ on Days of Play or any other sale, either got from another Sony subscription or worst, it's a FREE game for those who have the SAME service once you login to your PS5 console.

• Like 1

People complaining about GoW. It shouldn't be there considering its been $5-10 on sale, $20 reg. 90% of ps owners have played it and its been free for PS5 users since day 1.

My question though is simple: how often are you ever happy with all 3 PS+ titles or likely to play them? probably hardly ever. So what's it matter?

I pay to play online, i dont give many shits about whats offered to me.

31 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

People complaining about GoW. It shouldn't be there considering its been $5-10 on sale, $20 reg. 90% of ps owners have played it and its been free for PS5 users since day 1.

My question though is simple: how often are you ever happy with all 3 PS+ titles or likely to play them? probably hardly ever. So what's it matter?

Well, I think @TurtlePM summarized the situation very good imo.

Look, I've been a ps+ subscriber for many years because is needed to play online, the titles are just extra, but still when I see the list I don't expect something that has been already offered, and it's not just a game, it is the star of the list.

And finally I see people just expressing their opinions, it's not like in previous years when you easily could find a lot of really toxic messages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

You have to understand that a lot of people here have been subscribed to PS+ since the days when Online was free so the point of the service WAS the monthly games. Sure we all have to pay for Online now...but for a lot of us there's still this slight sense of wonderment every month for what we're getting because we've been doing this for long anyways. So when we get a month like this where Sony is double dipping on a game we have access to by other means it feels like a slap in the face. If it wasn't for that fact then God of War would be a tremendous game to get and this month would have been nothing to scoff at. 

• Like 2