*CONFIRMED* PS Plus for June 2022; God of War, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

Golem25

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

You have to understand that a lot of people here have been subscribed to PS+ since the days when Online was free so the point of the service WAS the monthly games. Sure we all have to pay for Online now...but for a lot of us there's still this slight sense of wonderment every month for what we're getting because we've been doing this for long anyways. So when we get a month like this where Sony is double dipping on a game we have access to by other means it feels like a slap in the face. If it wasn't for that fact then God of War would be a tremendous game to get and this month would have been nothing to scoff at. 

i do understand that, but also understand NOTHING in life is free. Someone pays somewhere. I think the issue people had with paying was PS+ vs Gamepass. I get it. But also at this stage of PS+, offering God of War people are getting upset... yet someone mentioned around the hype for Last of Us Part II, The Last of Us Remastered was part of plus. Everyone has played that, Uncharted 4 has been, Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls are other games majority of us have played. So i dont see why people are so disappointed. Its not like this same situation hasn't happened before.

Plus people act like what, 130 a year for Plus premium is expensive. or whatever. $20 a month? big deal.

25 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

The Nickelodeon Smash clone is a very easy plat that takes around 4-5 hours to plat which I did not too long ago. 1f644.png

I may be tempted to go back to it. I gave up when it came to the sports crap. I assume Hard Mode isnt bad since you have unlimited continues but the game is so janky... bought it for $50 cause Ren & Stimpy, sold back for refund 12hrs later lmao

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

i do understand that, but also understand NOTHING in life is free. Someone pays somewhere. I think the issue people had with paying was PS+ vs Gamepass. I get it. But also at this stage of PS+, offering God of War people are getting upset... yet someone mentioned around the hype for Last of Us Part II, The Last of Us Remastered was part of plus. Everyone has played that, Uncharted 4 has been, Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls are other games majority of us have played. So i dont see why people are so disappointed. Its not like this same situation hasn't happened before.

Plus people act like what, 130 a year for Plus premium is expensive. or whatever. $20 a month? big deal.

And people complained then just as they do now. You're allowed to not be okay with something...you're allowed to exclaim your displeasure with something. 

And that is expensive for some people. I'm glad you make enough money to think $120 isn't anything (on top of everything else on this damn planet needing a subscription too)...but that's not the case for most people. That kind of "it's just money, I got that, so what?" mentality is part of the problem. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

And people complained then just as they do now. You're allowed to not be okay with something...you're allowed to exclaim your displeasure with something. 

And that is expensive for some people. I'm glad you make enough money to think $120 isn't anything (on top of everything else on this damn planet needing a subscription too)...but that's not the case for most people. That kind of "it's just money, I got that, so what?" mentality is part of the problem. 

Part of what problem? the world going to shit? to avoid any political or other sensative discussions that can easily offend, we won't discuss. YES. I can afford that among many other things and i worked hard to get there. But this is also why Sony added the lower tier services as well, so everyone can have SOMETHING. 

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Part of what problem? the world going to shit? to avoid any political or other sensative discussions that can easily offend, we won't discuss. YES. I can afford that among many other things and i worked hard to get there. But this is also why Sony added the lower tier services as well, so everyone can have SOMETHING. 

Yeah I won't go down that road, I assume our philosophies on that subject are very different, so I'm not trying to argue about that. 

But God of War being a game available for the Premium tier is only part of the problem...it's also available in the PS+ Collection on PS5 as well. The simple fact is, that they could have given us anything...yet they're giving a game that's already available by other means through having PS+, that's why it feels shady to some people. It was the same thing when we got Mortal Kombat X and Days Gone (they're in the PS+ Collection). The complaint is simply the double dipping. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah I won't go down that road, I assume our philosophies on that subject are very different, so I'm not trying to argue about that. 

But God of War being a game available for the Premium tier is only part of the problem...it's also available in the PS+ Collection on PS5 as well. The simple fact is, that they could have given us anything...yet they're giving a game that's already available by other means through having PS+, that's why it feels shady to some people. It was the same thing when we got Mortal Kombat X and Days Gone (they're in the PS+ Collection). The complaint is simply the double dipping. 

yeah the double dipping sucks, or when they give a game out that is cheap already (Uncharted 4, GoW). But they've already said first party games day one is not good for longevity sales... which is true. 

However, I'd not mind some lesser known games like Disco Elysium, Prey(its on psnow tho), or just give some of the ps5 upgrades even would be different... so give us Ghost of Tsushima. Hell, Immortals Fenyx, Watch Dogs Legion, all games that have been around awhile now and can often be found cheap anyways but it'd be a better offering. Or if there's an online game, offer it so people will go multiplayer and if they like it enough they can buy an expansion (Destiny 2, Division 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Outriders)

Sometimes the only benefit to these is you get both ps4/ps5 version, but i rarely double dip on games. We shall see how things go in the coming months though

God of war is the 1st game I got with my ps4, and the 1st ever trophy I got on playstation is from it, it's called The Journey Begins, quite fitting I guess lol

Loved my experience with gow, but since I got the plat in it I don't plan to replay it any time soon, and as for the other two games, no interest in the Naruto game, but I might try the Nickelodeon one. So overall, not much for me this month.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 6:57 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I think the issue in this specific instance is GoW itself. It's a game that sold over 10 million copies, is part of the PS Collection (so it's already free for all PS5 owners), and it will actually be part of the upper tiers of the new PS+ subscription. It has no business being a free game on PS+.

For quite some time, PS+ AAA games have generally been games I don't buy like Darksiders, Just Cause, Battlefield, Tomb Raider, and more. These are definitely older titles for sure, but I think you might be underestimating how many people just don't get around to buying games they are interested in. It definitely feels bad when it is a game you have, like when FF7 Remake was free (and surprisingly quickly after launch), but I don't think it's as widespread as most make it out to be.

I think more AAA game Day One release would be great, but I don't think it will happen. As far as I can tell, If Xbox wasn't owned by Microsoft, they would be hemorrhaging money. It doesn't seem like it's sustainable, but we will see.

Yeah, fair points, tbh I usually defend Plus, purely on a value basis that is, it's a few $£s a month, but it was just a suggestion about indies rather than a rant about GoW, which we both agree shouldn't be in the line-up.   The FF7R was another mess, don't know if they ever amended the upgrade limits on that title as, you've guessed it, I bought it at launch.  I think indie titles avoid community wrath, few are popular smash hits when it comes to ownership, and it feels less egregious if you already own them because they're typically much cheaper.  It was just an idea...

Day one releases don't seem a sustainable model, even infrequently, but yeah, who knows.

53 minutes ago, Auto-Tomato said:

The FF7R was another mess, don't know if they ever amended the upgrade limits on that title as, you've guessed it, I bought it at launch.

Yeah they amended the limits... well, sort of. You're still forced to own a PS5 to get the upgrade. You see the entry on the webstore, but it just doesn't work. Virtually all other content except for this, and maybe GTA Online, can be bought/upgraded from the webstore.

• Like 1

God of War - Already have a physical copy, do recommend for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - Not much into fighting games, but if the trophy list isn't a pain the ass I might try. I'm told it's like Smash Bros.

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker - Looked up a video, doesn't seem to be my kind of thing. My nephew raves about it, though.

So an 'eh' month for me.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

When are we able to download these games?  I have ps plus yet when I go to choose the June games from the ps plus menu by pressing X it doesn't go anywhere.  Is it not starting until June 13th when they make the changes to the ps plus subscriptions or plans?

Personally I think people complain far too much about the games you get on plus.  However I can see their point with God of War, considering its in the PS+ collection and its on the higher tier, so for people who do have access to either of those, they are getting a pretty bad month.  Having said that, people with the higher tier PS+ get access to far more content anyway so should they really complain?

Even though I played God of War a long time ago, I'm sticking with the lowest PS+ tier and don't have a PS5 yet but wouldn't mind seeing some of the other PS+ collection games treacle down to the free monthly games.

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

When are we able to download these games?  I have ps plus yet when I go to choose the June games from the ps plus menu by pressing X it doesn't go anywhere.  Is it not starting until June 13th when they make the changes to the ps plus subscriptions or plans?

Games become downloadable the first Tuesday of the month, so they'll be available tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl just got an update today that adds voice acting. Definitely bumps the game up a notch or two in terms of interest for me now.

Good timing! I wasn't expecting that. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it for the nostalgia and since it's a quick platinum.

• Like 1

Not sure if it’s just me or if something is wrong or if it’s just that the games haven’t been ‘registered’ yet… but I’ve gone to the PlayStation plus games and they show the new lineup, but it says I have to pay full price to add them to my library or download them… I have ps plus and the new games should be available today, yet they don’t show as free

Just now, Tathie_Tath said:

Not sure if it’s just me or if something is wrong or if it’s just that the games haven’t been ‘registered’ yet… but I’ve gone to the PlayStation plus games and they show the new lineup, but it says I have to pay full price to add them to my library or download them… I have ps plus and the new games should be available today, yet they don’t show as free

They’re usually updated to register as part Plus for free within the next couple hours. They don’t switch over at 12:00 am GMT which means Sony is probably still archaically using a manual process to handle Plus store changes, still, after all these years.