Do any of y'all still have your original PS3?

Preparada

First Phat Girl died in battle, along with a few of her replacements, all felled by the Yellow Monster....

...but I still have a couple of her slim daughters on the go - one still hooked up who is looking remarkably good for her age, and one in a drawer with a faulty disc drive, but still capable of hanging in there digitally.

• Like 1

Yes, I still have my FAT PS3 80 GB MGSIV bundle but it died because of YLOD'ed. Think it happened in 2010 >.> 
Eventually, I got my slim PS3 160 GB I think back in 2011. I still use it. It works good. Really enjoy it more compared to PS4 & 5 (imo). 

Edited by r3viladdict

Bought it on 2010, hunted for a couple of years and then it just remained on the shelf of my old room. Finally going back this summer and it's a good opportunity to get it back to try and boost those horrible % on it, dunno if it would still work after so many time it was AFK but I hope I can at least upload the save files of everything there ?

I bought my PS3 slim on December 20, 2009 (yes, I still remember the date) and I still have it. It rarely gets any use anymore unfortunately. I had to replace the Blu-ray laser once but I felt accomplished when I fixed it using a YouTube tutorial. When I got my launch PS4, I put a 2 TB HDD in my PS4 and then put my PS4's 500 GB HDD into my PS3.

• Like 2

Sadly i don't have my original PS3 but picked up a 120GB slim in 2021, the storage might not seem a lot but for today it's good as i don't store many games on there.

My very first original fat one died many years ago and after that i always went with the slim, obviously back then i didn't know about about all the issues the PS3 has now but even then only that 1 PS3 ever died on me.

I'm on my 3rd PS3. Bought my first one back in August 2008. It was one of those old big ones. 60 or 80 gb. Don't remember which one. That one died on me in February 2010, so it didn't last too long to say the least. I then bought a slim 120 gb that peaced out in December 2012. Sent it in for repair, but they couldn't fix it. But the warranty was still good so I got a new 250 gb slim instead. And I still have that one. Going on 10 years now. I don't understand why that one has lasted so much longer than the other two, but I'm not complaining.

I got my PS3 slim in March 2012 brand new with 320 gigs, years later I upgraded it with a 1TB HDD and made a mod for better cooling. The console is feeling great but the DS3 is worn out, I bought a third party controller as a donor and replaced the joystics but they're not as good as the originals as you all know.

RQU7PTr0gkazHcZuypKQvTPndD8tkJraCajT_LC3

• Like 4

My sslim died on 2020 ._. bought a used sslim after that and soon after its br reader broke as well ._. RIP those physical gaems

I wish we could buy *new* consoles, sadly Sony stopped making them a long time ago

I bought my super slim PS3 (12 gigs) in January 2014 & immediately upgraded it to 500 gigs. I still works just fine, but the controller's L3 & R3 don't work anymore. I tried to replace the sticks, but it still doesn't work. I don't won't to buy a replacement controller, 'cos it may be even worse that one I have (& you can't even buy new original ones anymore ?). I'm using PS4 controller as a replacement only on games that support third party controllers (unlike Max Payne 3, thank you very much ?).

Edited by kenseizenkai

Nah, my original one died from YLOD, it served me well. My current one was in the Killzone 3 PS3 bundle, sadly it no longer reads Blu-ray so digital only for now... My DualShock 3 is on its last legs too, try to use my DualShock 4's whenever possible. 

Long live the Playstation 3!