Do any of y'all still have your original PS3?

Preparada

I still have my 80 gig fat, revived it twice from YLOD but pretty sure if I turned it on today it would blink yellow. It lasted me the entire generation, when Last of Us came out, it was on deaths door, managed to finish the game in time but a few months after that is when it yellow lighted the first time. Planning on framing the system in my game room when I get my own place so I’m still holding on to it. Have been using a super slim since 2013 with no problems, and I have a backup slim in case that one fails. God damn this system 

Got a Slim with an issue that it won't connect to the internet anymore for some reason. A shame that happenned while I was working on the plat for Tales of Symphonia. It's been like that since 2019 and where I currently live I can't even test if a wired connection will work, it's just kind of sitting there still. Maybe I'll fix it someday lol. My Ps4 has left me busy enough.

Yep still got my original PS3 (250gb Slim model), got it in April 2010. 

Still working great, have had no issues with it. Am actually going to be using it more, as I'm not renewing my PS+ plus for a bit with this new update, and plan on picking up some cheap PS3 games from online, charity shops etc, that are still available to plat. I was pretty much just a COD and FIFA player till around 2017, so never got to play some great PS3 games at that time, e.g. never played Assassin's Creed, have picked up Fallout 3, only played Bioshock, Borderlands, Last of Us, Uncharted etc, through the remasters being PS+ plus games

Controller wise - Have bought one new DS3 controller for it in that time around 2014, have a white one which turns on but completely damaged by a family "friend". Can't recall what happened to the original black one, I believe mine came with one black and one white controller, but I might be misremembering. I certainly had a couple times of FIFA rage when I was younger, but only remembering breaking an old TV remote, never a controller.

Have still got my original PS4 as well from September 2015, with the two original controllers. One works fine, apart from a temperamental R2 button (a known fault), and the other gets quite warm when charging, so I avoid that. Might just take the battery out and have it as a display one, as it still looks fine.

I also have my original fat PS2, and an almost untouched PS1 in the attic somewhere, which I will get down and get set up again at some point ? I'm on the PS3 subreddit, so seeing people with all the generations of playstations is inspiration for a fun games room one day, would love to pick up a special edition PS3 (I love the Tales of Xillia one).

I got my original PS3 (40 GB fat model) in December 2008 and it lasted until October 2015, when it died of YLOD. I keep it stored in its original box somewhere in my cabinet. The original Sixaxis controller still works although the battery doesn't last as long as my other controllers. My current PS3 is a slim (CECH-2001A) that I bought from one of my neighbours in February 2016 for a little less than half the price of a brand new super slim. The only blemish it has is a crack in its underside, other than that it's in great condition. Certainly my slim is well overdue for a thermal paste replacement, however I'm not confident in doing it myself as I'm afraid of screwing up my only working PS3 and I don't trust my local console maintenance shops at all...

As far as other original consoles go, my PS2 slim is still rocking it since 2004 and there is of course my PS4, which is also a slim model.

6 hours ago, Viper said:

I still have my 120GB Slim PS3. It got YLOD in 2014 though and I never got around to getting thermal paste for it...just bought a 500GB Super Slim PS3 instead (which I also still have).

My old machine has been gone for long. But this "500GB Super Slim PS3" I still have.

I still have it, but haven't used it in years because it started overheating while playing games around 2015-2016 or so. Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon were the real killers for it, often shut itself down during heavy gunfire sequences in those. I think it just needed to be cleaned out and have its thermal paste replaced, but I kinda wanted an excuse to get a PS3 with a bigger hard drive anyway, so I got a 500GB super slim and put my old PS3 into storage.

I originally got it around late 2008, it was a 80GB model and I ended up not actually playing it a ton until around 2010-2011. I was actually still playing quite a lot of PS2 games in those years, as it was still getting titles (mostly JRPGs) I was interested in, and I was also dedicating quite a bit of my gaming time to the DS and Wii.

I've contemplated repairing it and getting a bigger hard drive for it before, but I don't really think there's much reason to. Only thing I prefer about it over the super slim is the slot based disc drive, I despise the top loader on the super slim, since there's barely any room to pry the damn disc out. Wish every top loader was like the Gamecube, where you just press down on the spindle and the disc pops right out.

Still have 3 different PS3's lol and they all still work great!

I still have my OG 80GB Fatboy that I bought in Feb 2009, then I also have my 500GB Super Slim that I got in 2013, 2 years before upgrading to PS4.  Hundreds maybe thousands of hours spent on both with no issues.

My partner has a 250GB Slim model to round out the collection and hers still works just fine as well.

Nope.

I got a 60GB Fat in ‘07. YLOD in ‘11. 
Most likely one of the necromorphs got under the hood from Dead Space 2 and killed it (thought I would lose my Collectors Edition disc but managed to start it back up for 5 min to take it out and copy my saves).

Then I got a 320GB Slim (came with PS Move for no extra cost) a month later that I’m still using today. Only the HDD has been changed. It wasn’t broken but when I upgraded my PS4’s HDD I put the old one (500GB) in the PS3.

I got two more Slims since (160GB/320GB) for $25 each a few years ago. One I kept as backup (still works too) and gave the other to my brother (he sold it xD).

Yeah  think I'm a hoarder, So for sure I have a few.

Currently active and playing on the One Piece: Kaizoku Musou model with a 1TB drive installed

Still in it's box and in excellent condition is the FF13 Lightning edition

And my last JP console is a super slim red model, The store I got this from is clearly visible in the game Akiba's Strip

Regular Slim black EU/AU 

Regular Super Slim EA/AU model

Original Phat 40gb EU/AU model that still works, This is an odd one as the plastic on the console and controller a that thin you can see through both with enough light behind them

All have original controllers

So why do I have so many? Well the first 3 are from Japan and bought on holidays for a fraction of ebay or importer costs. The others I just don't know

Edited by Z1MZUM

No.

My original 80 GB model was replaced by Sony in April 2008 after a disc drive failure. The new device was used until 2018 when I replaced it with my current PS3 Slim. The slow original 320 GB HDD was subsequently replaced with a 250 GB SSD. The system is in use on an almost daily basis.

Edited by R4M Razr

Unfortunately no. Had my ps3 slim from November 2011 to sometime in mid 2017. Will be getting one really soon though to finish up some old games on my profile.

Edited by Apocasy

I still have my original 60gb even though it suffered from YLOD close to a decade ago. Can't bring myself to throw it away.

2nd PS3 got stolen. 3rd one was a piece of junk that someone sold to me after saying it worked perfectly. I'm on my 4th now, a white super slim. Hope it keeps working for a longgg time.

Idk if it counts as my original PS3, but in my grandparents house they had a PS3 Slim where all the kids played in a shared account. We didn't have more than 3 controllers and 3-4 games, so we would have to swap between playing and waiting one of the cousins to lose first in CoD Zombies lol

Unfortunately, it got stolen back in 2016 after a not-so-little earthquake had left open some of the walls. But luckily enough, my parents managed to buy another PS3 Slim for my brothers and I just a couple of weeks before the incident, and to this day we still play CoD Zombies w/ the old acc whenever my cousins come to visit, even though my grandparents already "replaced" it with a brand-new PS4 they got some months after. 'Guess new can't beat the old xD

Yes, I still have my launch edition 60GB PS3.  However, it’s a glorified brick now because it stopped working awhile ago.  If I were a braver man I would try to fix it but I’m not good with taking electronics apart, finding the issue, and putting it back together.  Thankfully I have a PS3 slim model which I put a 1TB SSD in and works great for all my PS3 gaming needs.