Do any of y'all still have your original PS3?

Preparada

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, a gift from my father from christmas 2011, ps3 slim silver, taking care of it, reading all the small tips for a better life of the console. I love it and i still use it once in a while, not my main focus for trophy hunting as before, but its an amazing console.

The only thing that isnt that great is that i only have one controller with some details, and after the updates from Sony back when the ps4 launched and they changed psn, my console runs less smooth than before, sometimes it hard crashes if i check trophies while playing a game, which is strange because it has many storage space left.

Sadly, my launch model got yellow light, so I eventually had it repaired and sold it on eBay. Then, the backwards compatibility with PS2 games ceased to function for the buyer, and I had to give them a partial refund. The whole ordeal was a pain.

I've been using a CECH-25 slim for many years now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, bought mine on Christmas 2012. Three years ago I had to fix the HDMI port that stopped working. After playing it a lot on 2020 wanted to give it a try a few months ago, just to find out that the blue-ray driver stopped working, and I still have not fixed it. If it ever gets a more serious issue I dont plan on buying another, dont have that much interest on the PS3 anymore. 

Still using my Super Slim PS3 that I bought in 2013 to hunting trophies.

Sadly my cmos battery dies recently and causing some of my trophies missing timestamp, anyone who still hunting trophies on their decade-old machine remember to check and replacing your PS3 cmos battery, if you don't want your trophies missing timestamp.

I sure do, 80 gig mgs4 bundle model. It died just before gta v came out for the fist time. Got it fixed only to die about a month later again. Sat broken in my closet for a few years until I had some free time to mess around with it and got it working again but will still remain dormant until I set it up in my game room when I get my own place. I just love the design of the console I’m never getting rid of it, even if it does become a paperweight one day. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve still got my original PS3 that I got back in 2007 (a few weeks after release). My PS2 is also the original I got in 2002 and my PS4 which I got on release in 2013. Shame I can’t say the same about my PS5 as it broke after about 6 months and had to be replaced by Sony ☹️

Still have the PS2, which is pretty much used as a doorstop now.  Had (2) PS3s until November, and discovered one had kicked it.  Started up the last PS3 a few days ago and she seems okay.  Was thinking of maybe knocking out South Park and LA Noire before putting her back on the shelf.  

• Like 3