Online services CONCLUDED (FOB RIP)

2 hours ago, bratMario said:

FYI it is officially confirmed (CLOSED)

I try logging in and yes it is finally over.

"Online services have concluded. You will not be able to use online features such as uploading rankings or records. Game will begin in offline mode."

And suddenly I become broke.. Left with little medicinal plants, vehicles, and walker gears.. LOL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FeelTheCosmos said:

Yes, a sad farewell to another great PS3 game and another worthy addition to the unobtainable stack.   I had fun playing all weekend right up until the closure, and I just want to thank KathyGriffin, Its-Muertez, BTS-9(something) and RyansRavens for leaving your empty bases on Security Challenge right up to the end.  I was able to get enough resources for the nuke in 47 minutes thanks to your negligence :)

I guess it's on to PS4 then, that should be up for quite a while, right?

Lots of people left empty bases to help others, it likely wasn't just negligence. 

I don't see it closing on PS4 anytime soon. A lot of people still play the game (MGO, FOB's) , just not so much on the older consoles, lol. 

RIP, nebulous tacked-on live service mechanic that put an even bigger dampener on an already blighted, half-finished in-name-only Metal Gear game. Here's to you, and shit.

(...On one console, at least.)

On 01/06/2022 at 0:13 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

Yes, a sad farewell to another great PS3 game and another worthy addition to the unobtainable stack.   I had fun playing all weekend right up until the closure, and I just want to thank KathyGriffin, Its-Muertez, BTS-9(something) and RyansRavens for leaving your empty bases on Security Challenge right up to the end.  I was able to get enough resources for the nuke in 47 minutes thanks to your negligence :)

I guess it's on to PS4 then, that should be up for quite a while, right?

LMFAO Yessir shout outs to those 4 and also Outer_Heaven_01 who had no soldiers but only 4 UAV drones which could easily be shot down on all his platforms. They all helped immensely in letting me get the resources (mostly fuel) not only for the Nuke but also for my FOB platforms! And all the 800,000+ GMP I got per run helped me develop more items and weapons than I know what to do with.

RIP to this amazing, albeit tacked-on, online portion of an incredible game. I'm sad that I couldn't start this sooner and use the free MB coins to buy atleast a 2nd FOB.... some more of those OP weapons would've been nice to have including a High Durability (3 bar) Suppressor but ah well. I'll get it all on the PS4 version. And yes the PS4 version should stay up for quite a few more years.

• Like 2

It was a ton of fun. I got hooked on the PS4 version years ago and platinumed it. Once I saw the servers were shutting down I got stuck into this version and platinumed it all over again. I'm sure I left my base wide open because I didn't really care and left it at bare bones, so I hope I inadvertently helped some trophy hunter.

• Like 1