somekila

Missing Timestamps when switching between PS Vita and Vita TV

12 posts in this topic

Since trophies are saved on the systems themselves and not on the SD card, if you end up earning a trophy twice because you didn't sync your trophies beforehand, as soon as you sync your trophies on the second system, instead of replacing the timestamp, like it usually does, it'll wipe just wipe it. 

 

I know missing timestamps are a known issue on the vita and this is probably already known aswell, but I didn't read anything specificly about it. So just in case anyone else is still messing around with a vita and a vita tv, be careful and always sync your trophies on both systems! when switching back and forth between the two, before you continue playing.

 

Oh and just incase if anybody is wondering why I don't have any missing timestamps on my profile, this happend to me on my 2nd account. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, somekila said:

Since trophies are saved on the systems themselves and not on the SD card, if you end up earning a trophy twice because you didn't sync your trophies beforehand, as soon as you sync your trophies on the second system, instead of replacing the timestamp, like it usually does, it'll wipe just wipe it. 

 

I know missing timestamps are a known issue on the vita and this is probably already known aswell, but I didn't read anything specificly about it. So just in case anyone else is still messing around with a vita and a vita tv, be careful and always sync your trophies on both systems! when switching back and forth between the two, before you continue playing.

 

Oh and just incase if anybody is wondering why I don't have any missing timestamps on my profile, this happend to me on my 2nd account. 

Welcome to the club :) Damn Vita & PSTV

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, somekila said:

Since trophies are saved on the systems themselves and not on the SD card, if you end up earning a trophy twice because you didn't sync your trophies beforehand, as soon as you sync your trophies on the second system, instead of replacing the timestamp, like it usually does, it'll wipe just wipe it. 

 

I know missing timestamps are a known issue on the vita and this is probably already known aswell, but I didn't read anything specificly about it. So just in case anyone else is still messing around with a vita and a vita tv, be careful and always sync your trophies on both systems! when switching back and forth between the two, before you continue playing.

 

Oh and just incase if anybody is wondering why I don't have any missing timestamps on my profile, this happend to me on my 2nd account. 


You'll only have a Missing Timestamp on the 2nd earning of a trophy if you don’t connect whatever system that is to PSN before earning trophies the second time. 
 

As has been posted probably hundreds of times now in these forums, if a Vita (or PS TV) prompts you for Date and Time when you boot it up, connect to PSN to sync the clock and you’ll always avoid Missing Timestamps. 
 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have allot from playing VITATV on cruise ships with no internet., It freaked me out at first

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I have allot from playing VITATV on cruise ships with no internet., It freaked me out at first

You simply need to sync it once with PSN, then do not turn off the AC, since PSTV doesn't have internal battery. As mentioned earlier:everytime  you are asked to set the date and time again, SYNC before earning any trophy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

You simply need to sync it once with PSN, then do not turn off the AC, since PSTV doesn't have internal battery. As mentioned earlier:everytime  you are asked to set the date and time again, SYNC before earning any trophy. 

 

This is easier said then done when your state room has one power outlet for various regions. You may need to plug something else in like idk, a phone or kettle. It doesn't bother me any more, it just did at first. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Smashero said:

You simply need to sync it once with PSN, then do not turn off the AC, since PSTV doesn't have internal battery. As mentioned earlier:everytime  you are asked to set the date and time again, SYNC before earning any trophy. 

 

Oh the Vita TV doesn't have an internal battery for the clock? I should've done more research about it... Does that mean syncing a trophy twice isn't actually a problem? as long as I reconnect to the internet every time it asks me to input the time and date again? Still sucks that it still gives me a blank timestamp even if I already synced the correct time and date from my vita. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, somekila said:

 

Oh the Vita TV doesn't have an internal battery for the clock? I should've done more research about it... Does that mean syncing a trophy twice isn't actually a problem? as long as I reconnect to the internet every time it asks me to input the time and date again? Still sucks that it still gives me a blank timestamp even if I already synced the correct time and date from my vita. 


Correct, no internal battery on PSTV. Syncing twice is definitely not a problem if you just connect to PSN before you start playing after losing power to the PSTV. 
Unfortunately, Missing Timestamps are the equivalent of Unix epic time, so they’re seen as 1/1/1970 and if two timestamps on two systems for the same trophy are both synced, the older date overwrites the new date. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:


Correct, no internal battery on PSTV. Syncing twice is definitely not a problem if you just connect to PSN before you start playing after losing power to the PSTV. 
Unfortunately, Missing Timestamps are the equivalent of Unix epic time, so they’re seen as 1/1/1970 and if two timestamps on two systems for the same trophy are both synced, the older date overwrites the new date. 

 

Ok good to know, thanks for the clarifications! Too bad sony doesn't car about trophy related issues like that, or permanently hidden games. So I guess we'll forever be stuck with it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post my experience here to prevent anybody else from wasting their time:

I used to have the Horizon Zero Dawn Platinum as my 10,000th Trophy. Then one day I wondered, why there is now another trophy at that position. I thought it was probably because I hadn't let the PS3 sync fully finish for a long time and did it at some point.

Thanks to this thread I checked for missing timestamps and... tadaaa. Four of my Killzone Mercenary Trophies were affected by this problem. Today I tried getting two of those trophies on a new system again. Unfortunately this isn't working, after syncing again, the missing ones are back. So I'll have to stick with the damned missing ones forever 😕

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 23/08/2022 at 2:03 AM, SushLF said:

I'll post my experience here to prevent anybody else from wasting their time:

I used to have the Horizon Zero Dawn Platinum as my 10,000th Trophy. Then one day I wondered, why there is now another trophy at that position. I thought it was probably because I hadn't let the PS3 sync fully finish for a long time and did it at some point.

Thanks to this thread I checked for missing timestamps and... tadaaa. Four of my Killzone Mercenary Trophies were affected by this problem. Today I tried getting two of those trophies on a new system again. Unfortunately this isn't working, after syncing again, the missing ones are back. So I'll have to stick with the damned missing ones forever 1f615.png

 

I had an issue with my 1000th, 1500th, 2000th, 2500th  trophy etc,. being messed up due to an No Timestamp Vita trophy in Wipeout 2048. Pushing my 1000th trophy to 1001st etc.

 

My only option was to hide an early game on my profile with only 4 trophies (essentially making my 1000th trophy 997) Then I waited for my Vita to lose it's time memory, then I earned 3 more No Timestamp trophies to bring everything back into it's correct position.

 

So you could easily fix this, at the cost of having some hidden trophies noted on your profile.

 

But it is super annoying that according to PlayStation I have 4 more trophies than I do on PSNProfiles, so any future Milestones I'd need to decide if I want to use my real trophy number, or the PSNProfiles trophy number.

 

I wish PSNProfiles would let us assign a personal Timestamp override for the sake of correcting the Milestones on Missing Timestamp trophies.

Edited by shaunnn191
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.