Secret master question.

MAUSZX

So the guide states this:

"regular VS characters, these will need specific feats done in order to unlock:

Score 50 birdies in official rounds (Thomas)

Score 100 birdies in official rounds (Shuri)

Score 20 eagles in official rounds (Alice)

Score 150 birdies in official rounds (Souha)

Complete 80 challenge tournaments (Suzuki)

Complete 120 challenge tournaments (Hikari)

Score 50 eagles in official rounds (Ivan)

Score 5 albatrosses in official rounds (Hassan)

Score a condor in official round (Eve)

Score 3 condors in official rounds (Melissa)"

I already beat the ones that I bold the letters.

That said I already did a condor in an official round (i even got the trophy) but the character Eve has not appeared. 

Do I have to do them in order or what?

EDIT: Thanks everyone for their answer, so basically I would advise anyone to finish the game, "story" or whatever, because that last character you play needs to be beaten before this the condor Secret characters are unlocked.

Edited by MAUSZX

Yeah, there's an issue with the way the game saves your progress, it was mentioned in another thread:

It has something to do with one hole rounds on the online courses, I think it only saves everything when you leave the lobby.  There's something in your stats page that will show you if your Condor was recorded or not, make sure that you go back to the home area after you get one so the game saves your progress.  Unfortunately, if it didn't save, you'll still have to get 3 more.  Good luck!

Edited by FeelTheCosmos

Something similar happened to me: I got a glitched character and got the trophies related to scoring a condor and an albatross but Eve, Melissa and Hassan didn't show up like the other hidden VS characters, I even had the condors/albatrosses recorded on my stats. I ended up reverting to an earlier save file (before attempting to use the glitched character) and beat all ranks, and only then tried to use the glitch and it worked fine. 

ok, so it seems I have to do the condors again and hope the game records tyem in the videos it seems. 

9 minutes ago, RNMKR-KO said:

Something similar happened to me: I got a glitched character and got the trophies related to scoring a condor and an albatross but Eve, Melissa and Hassan didn't show up like the other hidden VS characters, I even had the condors/albatrosses recorded on my stats. I ended up reverting to an earlier save file (before attempting to use the glitched character) and beat all ranks, and only then tried to use the glitch and it worked fine. 

Some of the secret characters are part of a "team" and their scripted intro wouldn't make sense if you haven't already beaten the other members of the team.

So, for instance, I scored 150 birdies but Souha didn't show until after I beat Jason. I suspect other characters are locked in the same way.

Short answer, get as far as you can in the regular "campaign" progression before trying to unlock all the secret characters and you probably won't have these problems.

EDIT: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/293266-all-secret-vs-characters/page/2/

EDIT 2: Based on reading bios, I think the progression for condors has to be Adam -> Eve -> Melissa. The last two are obvious when you consider their unlock requirements, but Adam is the last normal vs. character implying you may need to finish the "campaign" before you unlock the condor characters.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

That is exactly what it is. Eve and Melissa won't challenge you until you reach Special (7) Rank. I met the requirements to unlock them before defeating Adam and they didn't appear until after I beat the game and then got one more condor, then they both popped.

• Like 2

The course doesn't factor in at all; it's entirely rank and the Condor conditions. It's only a coincidence that they will appear when you unlock Imperial Gardens only because that course just happens to unlock with Special Rank, but the course has nothing to do with the VS characters actually appearing themselves.

I unlocked, played against, and defeated Hassan on the Imperial Gardens course before I even unlocked Vortex Valley.

Edited by Apostrophe
Fixed word.
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:04 AM, RNumbers said:

Some of the secret characters are part of a "team" and their scripted intro wouldn't make sense if you haven't already beaten the other members of the team.

So, for instance, I scored 150 birdies but Souha didn't show until after I beat Jason. I suspect other characters are locked in the same way.

Short answer, get as far as you can in the regular "campaign" progression before trying to unlock all the secret characters and you probably won't have these problems.

EDIT: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/293266-all-secret-vs-characters/page/2/

EDIT 2: Based on reading bios, I think the progression for condors has to be Adam -> Eve -> Melissa. The last two are obvious when you consider their unlock requirements, but Adam is the last normal vs. character implying you may need to finish the "campaign" before you unlock the condor characters.

I just want to confirm this is the reason why I didn't get those characters in the first place.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, Apostrophe said:

That is exactly what it is. Eve and Melissa won't challenge you until you reach Special (7) Rank. I met the requirements to unlock them before defeating Adam and they didn't appear until after I beat the game and then got one more condor, then they both popped.

Happened exactly to me.