Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Gratz!

I would play XIV in parallel of something else, since it takes many many hours to finish (and still speaking about the PS4 version), but up to you, if you don't want to play two games at once, maybe you should play the smallest games first and leave XIV for later.

That's primarily why I'm not sure, though. I can just play XIV for months on end, there's no need for a second game. But I started XIV. I guess I can do the ARR MSQ and then play another game or something, then do the next MSQ, and so on, we'll see.

So see you in 29 years when I created my character. I did some basic research on what being a race means to kind of create a lore accurate character, but not really sure what I want to be yet. I'll have to look at the races as well and not just know of their lore.

I used a recruitment code for some early game bonuses.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@viech54 Congratulations on the VII Enthusiast badge :) And yeah I'm with oYazmat. XIV PS4+PS5 takes longer than every other Final Fantasy combined, and that's not an exaggeration. So I'd say either play XIV on the side along with other stuff or pick two other FFs to hit Gold tier first. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@viech54 Congratulations on the VII Enthusiast badge :) And yeah I'm with oYazmat. XIV PS4+PS5 takes longer than every other Final Fantasy combined, and that's not an exaggeration. So I'd say either play XIV on the side along with other stuff or pick two other FFs to hit Gold tier first. 

Thank you :) Yes, that's precisely why I'm considering what to do next. If I start XIV, then it'll be a while until I hit Gold tier. There's nothing past Gold tier that I can reach easily as Platinum tier requires completing the entire series, so after that it no longer matters until more games are released and there are more tiers, as discussed a while ago. That's why I'm considering just getting Gold first before fully committing myself to XIV.

Well, maybe. Nothing's stopping me from going through the ARR MSQ, then finishing another FF, then doing the HW MSQ, then another FF, and so on. So it's not like XIV will halt progress entirely unless that's how I choose to play it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Thank you :) Yes, that's precisely why I'm considering what to do next. If I start XIV, then it'll be a while until I hit Gold tier. There's nothing past Gold tier that I can reach easily as Platinum tier requires completing the entire series, so after that it no longer matters until more games are released and there are more tiers, as discussed a while ago. That's why I'm considering just getting Gold first before fully committing myself to XIV.

Well, maybe. Nothing's stopping me from going through the ARR MSQ, then finishing another FF, then doing the HW MSQ, then another FF, and so on. So it's not like XIV will halt progress entirely unless that's how I choose to play it.

True! I like the idea of dividing XIV into chunks and going back and forth. 

Just looked at your list again. You could do Kings Tale + XV Pocket Edition combined in 25-30hrs. Then just focus on XIV a while? Up to you man, you have lots of options :) 

On 24/02/2023 at 3:15 PM, viech54 said:

3ENyzP5.png

Completed or platinum

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble DLC
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]

• Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy

• Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana

Completed both Crisis Core stacks. That's 18 games done and the VII Enthusiast badge. Well, unless auto pops don't count, but it doesn't say that, so...

Crisis Core is among my favorite FF games. I broke the game for the first time on this playthrough. Before that, I always stopped before being completely OP and never did all missions or hard difficulty. It was still perfectly doable and fun to be that OP.

I'm on the fence on what to do next. I could start XIV right now or play two more short FFs and get to gold tier before starting XIV. Thoughts?

At some point you'll always be playing XIV + another game, because there are so many things to do that take a lot of time, practice and trying.  I would suggest you VIII for being my second favorite title in the franchise (VII first), as soon as you have some time.

• Like 1

Tiny update:

Did, World of Final Fantasy stuff so now its:

Already done Going to do / working on Unlikely to do

Crystal Defenders

World of Final Fantasy

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

Final Fantasy VII HD

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Final Fantasy IX HD

Final Fantasy X Remastered

Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XIV [PS5] 

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake (DLC)

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Remake [PS5]

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Remake [PS4]

Adventures of Mana

My current total is 19 platinums (though i dont think Fortune Street counts :D)

• Like 2

On 05/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there fellow Final Fantasy fans! 

Project Platinum: Final Fantasy has been revamped with 3 new tiers to help players ease into the series and a new badge system to motivate everyone to play their favorite series entries!

I've updated everyone's standings and badges that has previously posted. Please check your rank and badges and let me know if I've made any mistakes. Many of you are SO CLOSE to several badges, just need a game or two so check out what you're missing and make some New Years gaming goals :)

Platinum Tier - @Tentativeuser @MakoSOLIDER

Gold Tier - @The_JuicyFruit @chanisakillers @SkullRobot @oYazmat @Gwarzalez @Moomba @furybahamut @DarkAnimaa 

Silver Tier - @SirkSirk @CalyxTDeuced @Baker @JoeNDM @Zzyzx__RoAd @Age_kon @ExSoldier-Marci-

Bronze Tier - @Squarevii87 @DEMON @Karnacharya @ShinigamiSensei- @s68sc @ArcadeHero20 @CaptainMonkster

Sapphire Tier - @Yuna @DrBloodmoney @Hitman_Spinksy1

Ruby Tier - No one right now

Emerald Tier - @Kurorac @NathanDrake2046

And to anyone that previously didn't bother posting because the lowest tier was 10 platinums/completions, go ahead and post and I'll put you on the new tiers of the leaderboards!

I see 

Well if im not mistaken i should qualify for the Mana as well as the Obscure Badge. I also had twice every available Final Fantasy Trophy. Once at Remake and once at Crystal Chronicles. 

Been working on catching up since but boy oh boy the price for every Final Fantasy Trophy has become steep.

As you all might have heard the next FFXIV patch will include a trophy for solo running a Deep Dungeon, such a feat is the rarest even among Final Fantasy XIV achievements only and even rarer then beating Ultimate content. 

It will be very interesting to see who can surmount even that challenge. I of course will face the challenge as well but i expect it to take a very long time basically never finding a point again where i can say again that i am done ?

But its okay its what makes this journey interesting in the first place. 

• Like 1

K I added the xGEsJBX.png Obscurity, pZM8UHW.png Manaman and 6FWJBxd.png Perfectionist badges to your name :) 

You're right about the chase for all FF trophies being increasingly difficult. I've all but given up after they announced that Deep Dungeon requirement. We'll see if some strategies come out that make it better...but overall XIV is asking too much imo. 

Edited by Rebourne07

@chanisakillers Nice man, I bumped you back up to Platinum tier! So you'll have 3 months from whatever day they release the last trophies of the Gods Tremble list to complete them. Idk if anyone will meet that requirement though. That Deep Dungeon trophy looks like some serious bs.

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

@chanisakillers Nice man, I bumped you back up to Platinum tier! So you'll have 3 months from whatever day they release the last trophies of the Gods Tremble list to complete them. Idk if anyone will meet that requirement though. That Deep Dungeon trophy looks like some serious bs.

Maybe do an exception for it? Like only that trophy will have 6 months grace period. But we will know once it's released,  maybe it won't be more difficult than PotD or HoH since we will be playing with lv90 skills (Any WARs in here?)

37 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Maybe do an exception for it? Like only that trophy will have 6 months grace period. But we will know once it's released,  maybe it won't be more difficult than PotD or HoH since we will be playing with lv90 skills (Any WARs in here?)

Eh, I'll leave it at 3 months. If no one has it by 3 months it'll make Platinum tier even cooler for a while since no one will be there until someone does it. @Tentativeuser will almost certainly get it. Idk about anyone else though. 

I'm a lvl 90 WAR and lvl 90 MCH which I've heard those are the two best classes for it...but I doubt I'll even try unless some crazy cheese strat is discovered. I don't mind grinding when slow progress is made like collectibles and levels, but getting reset to floor 1 every time you die stuff just isn't my thing. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Eh, I'll leave it at 3 months. If no one has it by 3 months it'll make Platinum tier even cooler for a while since no one will be there until someone does it. @Tentativeuser will almost certainly get it. Idk about anyone else though. 

I'm a lvl 90 WAR and lvl 90 MCH which I've heard those are the two best classes for it...but I doubt I'll even try unless some crazy cheese strat is discovered. I don't mind grinding when slow progress is made like collectibles and levels, but getting reset to floor 1 every time you die stuff just isn't my thing. 

True!

I got all classes to 90 recently so am ready for it! By the time I grind +99 Aetherial weapon and armor I am pretty sure there will be many strategies out there!

Well good luck everyone, I know am definitely taking the challenge (at my own pace of course... like P8S that I still didn't try ?)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Solo PotD/HoH is the “easiest” (relatively speaking) it’s ever been due to potency creep combined with the fact that jobs play differently at the equivalent level compared to their respective expansions. This deep dungeon will likely be harder than current HoH (and possibly current PotD), but certainly easier than PotD was at release.

The primary issue with tanks and healers is that their limited DPS makes it difficult to reach the end within the time limit — even if it is easier to survive, you still need to progress at a fast enough pace. A tank will likely be the “safest” choice, but damage output is one of the reasons why ranged DPS jobs were favored for the longest time in solo PotD runs. Further, many of the encounters in the later floors will likely have instant death mechanics, which completely invalidates a tank’s mitigation and self-sustain. 

I also fully expect that future FFXIV trophy lists will only become longer and more challenging. Sony has effectively removed almost all restrictions regarding the number of trophies a PS5 game can have, which is why the lists have only been getting longer every patch. In fact, they could even make the trophy list 1:1 with their in-game achievement list now, though I don't anticipate them going quite that far. Regardless, as this is the first gold trophy in the game, I would expect them to release more gold trophies that are of a similar (or higher) difficulty in future patches and expansions.

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

You're right about the chase for all FF trophies being increasingly difficult. I've all but given up after they announced that Deep Dungeon requirement. We'll see if some strategies come out that make it better...but overall XIV is asking too much imo. 

Not sure. I'm definitely not the right person to speak about this (still in ARR MSQ), but all trophies I've seen so far seems doable. It might be challenging or take forever, but I'm willing to give it a go. Maybe I'm wrong, no idea, I don't know enough about it yet. What would be asking too much for me would be PvP, and not just one battle for that one trophy on PS4. That's no problem, I don't even need to win. But if I need to do countless PvP battles, then I won't do it, I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zalcarezio said:

this looks like a good event for final fantasy games i got a few i do digital those days 5 year ore so i guess but i did only platinumed final fantasy type 0hd but not the other final fantasys i have been reading this event quite a while but i like to sign me up for this event 

Welcome to the challenge. Once you have 3+ FF platinums/completions post here with the checklist from the main post and I'll add your name to the leaderboards 

• Like 1

wow i just found out that this is a thing. so excited cos theres other people like me out there.

am slowly working on the golden era FFs cos when i got those previously it was on my switch :\ (but also they didnt have trophies lol)

this is where im at right now

kHKAVDE.png

• Like 2

ff-checklist_1.pngIt's been a little bit since I've updated this so...here's that post! Not a lot of change due to a lot of life happenings in the last year but I still hope to someday have every FF trophy! I'm still at 15 complete because of DLC not being finished but hopefully this year I can get up to 20!

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble DLC
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Different Future DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Different Future DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]

• Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy

• Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
  • Like 4

@clarciel Welcome to the project! I've got you in Silver tier with 6 badges complete, good job :D

@Zzyzx__RoAd Lookin good bro, super close to Gold tier now!

@SwicySauce Np at all, congratulations! I'm glad the guide helped :)

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I recently got the platinum for Theatrhythm Final Bar (goodness but figuring out the right team for Feral Chaos / God in Fire was so difficult!)

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line [Platinum]

jLUL5xz.png

I think Unofficial games count toward the tiers - if so, this moves me up to Bronze!

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get the Platinum for FF14 by itself, if one doesn't care about getting 100% by playing all the DLCs? Part of me has wanted to get the base FF14 plat for a while, but I have so many non-Final Fantasy games in my backlog that I know I can't commit to getting 100% with the game.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get the Platinum for FF14 by itself, if one doesn't care about getting 100% by playing all the DLCs? Part of me has wanted to get the base FF14 plat for a while, but I have so many non-Final Fantasy games in my backlog that I know I can't commit to getting 100% with the game.

Play the PS4 version, then you don't have to do all DLCs as there are no DLC trophies on PS4. It is possible to get the platinum for both the PS4 and the PS5 version without all DLCs. But the DLCs are important to the story, so it is recommended to play them. The PS4 version takes at least 1000 / 6 days (a bit less than six months) to complete, so just do the story and other content while you do the levequest trophy.

Should you then decide that you do want to commit to the PS5 version, you can auto pop anything you already did on PS4 by doing one more of [insert activity required for a trophy].

Edited by viech54

10 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Play the PS4 version, then you don't have to do all DLCs. It is possible to get the platinum for both the PS4 and the PS5 version without all DLCs. But the DLCs are important to the story, so it is recommended to play them. The PS4 version takes at least 1000 / 6 days (a bit less than six months) to complete, so just do the story and other content while you do the levequest trophy.

Should you then decide that you do want to commit to the PS5 version, you can auto pop anything you already did on PS4 by doing one more of [insert activity required for a trophy].

Thanks for the response! I suppose part of the dilemma for me is that I already have one MMO that consumes a decent chuck of my gaming time (Destiny 2) thanks to some friends several years ago, so I've been hesitant about how many hours I would need to invest to go through all the DLCs, *after* the already-lengthy base game time commitment. Then again, Destiny 2 just released its penultimate expansion (meaning it has just under 2 years of content left), so maybe by the time I got the FF14 plat I'd be nearing the end of my gaming time with Destiny 2. 

Honestly, the conversation between you, oYazmat, and Rebourne07 regarding playing chunks of the FF14 story/content between other stuff is part of what has made me consider that I could potentially do this. Just wanted to make sure that if I committed to the base game Plat, it wouldn't *require* all the DLCs - since those seem to keep coming out! xD 

Edited by pelagia14