Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

1 minute ago, pelagia14 said:

Thanks for the response! I suppose part of the dilemma for me is that I already have one MMO that consumes a decent chuck of my gaming time (Destiny 2) thanks to some friends several years ago, so I've been hesitant about how many hours I would need to invest to go through all the DLCs, *after* the already-lengthy base game time commitment. Then again, Destiny 2 just released its penultimate expansion (meaning it has just under 2 years of content left), so maybe by the time I got the FF14 plat I'd be nearing the end of my gaming time with Destiny 2. 

Honestly, the conversation between you, oYazmat, and Rebourne07 regarding playing chunks of the FF14 story/content between other stuff is part of what has made me consider that I could potentially do this. Just wanted to make sure that if I committed to the base game Plat, it wouldn't *require* all the DLCs - since those seem to keep coming out! xD 

Who knows, maybe you will like it and end up transitioning from Destiny 2 to FFXIV sooner ? Try the Free-Edition and work toward the trophies required for the PS4 & PS5 base game. After you make you decision you can either buy the base game to popup the trophies or... full game it is... and be doomed like the rest of us that are trying to find enough time for soloing Eureka Orthos...

4 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

Thanks for the response! I suppose part of the dilemma for me is that I already have one MMO that consumes a decent chuck of my gaming time (Destiny 2) thanks to some friends several years ago, so I've been hesitant about how many hours I would need to invest to go through all the DLCs, *after* the already-lengthy base game time commitment. Then again, Destiny 2 just released its penultimate expansion (meaning it has just under 2 years of content left), so maybe by the time I got the FF14 plat I'd be nearing the end of my gaming time with Destiny 2. 

Honestly, the conversation between you, oYazmat, and Rebourne07 regarding playing chunks of the FF14 story/content between other stuff is part of what has made me consider that I could potentially do this. Just wanted to make sure that if I committed to the base game Plat, it wouldn't *require* all the DLCs - since those seem to keep coming out! xD 

*looks at Genshin Impact* Yeah, I can relate to that pretty well. This game will get new content for at least some more years, possibly upwards of 5 years at the current pace. Assuming it stays profitable, that is. I chose to ignore Genshin Impact for a while. It's just not as fun as it used to be after not missing a single day since I started the game in 2021 and I don't even like the new content all that much. So easiest decision in the world for me and I can always come back later to catch up on the story. I get that it's not that easy if you have friends playing the game alongside you and possibly daily grinds or something.

That's still a good way of playing the game, but after the ending of the main game (A Realm Reborn, ARR), I couldn't just put down the controller and not play Heavensward right away. I wanted to know more of the story. There's just too much going on to stop after ARR. So it didn't work for me so far, I just put everything else on hold in favor of FFXIV and will most likely keep doing that. And I'm alright with it, I'm having a great time :)

Let's go into a bit more details on what you need for the platinum trophy, then.

PS4 version: No DLC. The base game is enough

PS5 version: Base game, Heavensward, Stormblood, Shadowbringer

FFXIV released in 2013, Heavensward in 2015, Stormblood in 2017, Shadowbringer in 2019, and Endwalker in 2021. So far, there's no news on a new expansion that I'm aware of, so it'll most likely be at least early 2024 until we get another one. There are patches that add new content every now and then, though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, viech54 said:

*looks at Genshin Impact* Yeah, I can relate to that pretty well. This game will get new content for at least some more years, possibly upwards of 5 years at the current pace. Assuming it stays profitable, that is. I chose to ignore Genshin Impact for a while. It's just not as fun as it used to be after not missing a single day since I started the game in 2021 and I don't even like the new content all that much. So easiest decision in the world for me and I can always come back later to catch up on the story. I get that it's not that easy if you have friends playing the game alongside you and possibly daily grinds or something.

That's still a good way of playing the game, but after the ending of the main game (A Realm Reborn, ARR), I couldn't just put down the controller and not play Heavensward right away. I wanted to know more of the story. There's just too much going on to stop after ARR. So it didn't work for me so far, I just put everything else on hold in favor of FFXIV and will most likely keep doing that. And I'm alright with it, I'm having a great time :)

Let's go into a bit more details on what you need for the platinum trophy, then.

PS4 version: No DLC. The base game is enough

PS5 version: Base game, Heavensward, Stormblood, Shadowbringer

FFXIV released in 2013, Heavensward in 2015, Stormblood in 2017, Shadowbringer in 2019, and Endwalker in 2021. So far, there's no news on a new expansion that I'm aware of, so it'll most likely be at least early 2024 until we get another one. There are patches that add new content every now and then, though.

This ^

Just to note that every major patch (6.X) is 4 and half months apart, we are currently in patch 6.35 (which is a sub patch of major patch 6.3). Next is 6.4 in the summer probably. 6.5 should be by the end of the year. Next expansion probably in 2024. Last year they said they have content for the next 10 years (but like viech54 said, if the game is still profitable, and I am pretty sure, for the time being, it is). So maybe, if you like it, bring your friends with you ?

@viech54 Thankfully Destiny 2 has a weekly grind instead of a daily one. Last autumn I gave Genshin a shot for about a week, but quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to protect my wallet from the Gatcha mechanics in the way I'm able to with non-gatcha microtransactions. 

I *have* heard that Heavensword's story was pretty incredible. I'll definitely keep in mind for my 'game scheduling' that HS might just demand to follow it, lol! The community also seemed really excited by Endwalker, according to my vague recollections. 

@oYazmat That breakdown of the patch numbering system is extremely helpful, thank you! *Another* decade of content? Woah! Or maybe I should say "wow", since the only game I can think of that is like that is World of Warcraft xD 

@pelagia14 I wish more games would opt for weekly grinds instead of daily ones. I'd rather play a few hours a week than 20 minutes a day. To clarify, what made me keep going right after the base game were the events from the base game. You just can't leave things as they are. At least I couldn't and I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the devs to release HW for more story. HW is great, true, but it's not why I didn't want to pause FFXIV. Don't click that spoiler, it'll reveal the end of ARR.

Spoiler

I just have to know what happened to the other Scions. I mean, I already know from other FF games (Dissidia, Theatrhythm) and merchandise that they have other costumes than the ones they wore in ARR, so they're not dead. But I want to know they're alright.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

I'm mostly done everything.

Personally, my full list of FF plats does not include Kingdom Hearts games.

Adventures of Mana is an official FF game. (It is Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan). Secret of Mana and beyond are not.

I also don't count dupes. FFVIIR, Crisis Core, and SoP still just count as 1 if you have both the PS4 and 5 plats.

Dissidia NT Free Edition trophies are just dupes of full edition trophies and aren't required.

FFXIV PS4 and 5 have unique lists though, so both are required.

Final Fantasy XV Comrades standalone contains all of the trophies from the integrated one, so just having that counts as 100%, even though FFXV won't say 100%.

Just gotta finish off Theatrhythm and XIV.

XIV I could get the plat at any time in minutes. Just need to clear Savage Second Coil, but I'm waiting to do it minimum ilvl, no echo to actually pop it.

Going through all the savage fights min ilvl with a static currently. That's most of my remaining trophies.

Green = Platinum

Blue = 100%, no Plat

Red = Unfinished

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Crystal Defenders

Final Fantasy XIV (PS3/4)

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Adventures of Mana

World of Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto

Final Fantasy XV: July 2017 Update

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Pack

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion Comrades March 2018 Update

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades December 2018 Update

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades March 2019 Update

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

Final Fantasy VII Remake

INTERmission

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition

Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Reunion

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin

Trials of the Dragon King

Wanderer of the Rift

Different Future

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (35%)

Final Fantasy XIV (PS5) (85%)

Final Fantasy XIV (98%)

Heavensward (84%)

Stormblood (84%)

Shadowbringers (75%)

Shadowbringers: Death Unto Dawn

Endwalker (82%)

Endwalker: Newfound Adventure

Endwalker: Burried Memory (70%)

Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble (52%)

That's 21 platinums, plus a dupe VIIR plat. Theatrhythm won't take long. And XIV (PS5) I only don't have on principle.

Edited by SilverArrow20XX
  • Like 1

I just Platinumed Crisis Core reunion (PS5). This should bump me up to silver tier and given me the spinner badge.

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
    • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
    • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    • World of Final Fantasy
    • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
    • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
      • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
      • Crystal Defenders
      • Adventures of Mana
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@SilverArrow20XX Congratulations on Gold tier and 10 badges!

@BrutalR Congratulations on ranking up to Silver tier and now 6 badges!

@IAmJust1Up Welcome to the project! Just fill out this checklist and post a screenshot here and I'll put your name on the leaderboards. 

Small Update here.  Not sure how it will affect my status but I like to update every once in a while.  Basically just finished Strangers of Paradise, Crisis Core, and Theatrhythm.  So I should be caught up in terms of everything except PS5 trophies. Is there any way we could add the Fortune street and a Mana section to the Checklist site?  Still no PS5 so nothing new there.  I do not think I will have one by the release of FFXVI so that will be a sad day for me.  Looking forward to the pixel remasters to be able to replay all of them!

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC (NEW)
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4] (NEW)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (NEW)
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Mana

• Adventures of Mana
  • Secret of Mana
  • Trials of Mana
  • Legend of Mana
  • Like 2

@Tentativeuser Congratulations on 100%!!! This time 100% has an even deeper significance because of that Deep Dungeon trophy! Good job man! Btw, you really should platinum two more Kingdom Hearts games to get the final badge, then you'd have every possible badge here lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A heads up for those wanting to do Final Fantasy IX: Some people reported problems getting the Hail to the King in FFIX with the remote play/script method. I tried it and it still worked for me, I just got the trophy, but maybe get it out of the way early just in case it really stops working. You need AutoHotKey v1.1 as well, AHK v2 one can't run the script. No guide I checked tells you that.

Also, SciTE4AUTOHOTKEY is dead. But it's not needed at all for the remote play method. You can use any text editor instead such as vim (that's mean, I know), no need for a more advanced GUI to change the latency in the script.

Check this thread for more info: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/142048-is-jump-script-method-even-possible-these-days/

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

Finally started FFXIV this year, almost done with the PS4 version, but the PS5 version still has a long road ahead! Looking forward to the Pixel Remasters, they come out the day after my birthday so I might have to treat myself. ;)

• Like 1