Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

10 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I got this on my last account. xD

Definitely going for this.

Okay, let me see if I qualify. Here are all the Final Fantasy games I have platinumed:

• Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Yeah, that's about it. I did platinum all of the Mana games though, so I guess I did earn the Manaman badge.

Okay, I think for this badge to be legit, we should rule that the three Kingdom Hearts games have to be Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix as those are the only games that have Final Fantasy characters in them. The rest do not, although Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind did have a cutscene in Hollow Bastion with the Final Fantasy characters, just before they introduce the annoying Data Org 2.0.

Birth by sleep had Zack in it in the Hercules world

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, AceAttorneyEric said:

Wow, I'm excited that I found this thread when I did! Right now I’m working on platinuming every mainline Final Fantasy game. The catch is that I am holding off on actually popping the platinum trophy in any of the games until the Pixel Remasters and XVI are released so that I can pop all of the platinum trophies in order from I to XVI in a single day. Currently, I am one trophy away from platinuming VII, VIII, and IX (well, technically two away if you count the platinum trophy itself). Right now I am working on doing the same for X. I have also been working since October on the free trial version of XIV so that I am making progress on the 1,000 levequests trophy.

Popping all of the platinums in chronological order back to back should be worth the excruciating 7+ month wait of not unlocking any platinums at all. As a result, that means that this list will be pretty empty for a while, but hopefully that will change in a few months. That said, I've already met the requirements for the Zettaflare badge so I'll happily take that now!

My profile --> https://psnprofiles.com/AceAttorneyEric

100% - Platinum - In ProgressPlanned - Planned Far Out - Not Planned

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade [PS5]
    • INTERmission
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus
    • Episode Prompto
    • July 2017 Update
    • Comrades
    • Episode Ignis
    • Royal Pack
    • Comrades March 2018 Update
    • Episode Ardyn
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update
    • March 2019 Update
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5] 
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana

And even though they're not available yet, I might as well add:

• Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy I
  • Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy II
  • Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy III
  • Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy IV
  • Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy V
  • Pixel Remaster: Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy XVI

Well, it's been a while since I first threw my name into this challenge so I figure I'd give an update. My goal is to prepare every mainline FF game so that I can eventually spend a day to pop every platinum at once from I to XVI. 4 months ago I had VII, VIII, and IX all lined up to platinum. Since then I've only been able to add X and X-2 to that list... Yikes. I figured I'd be further along by now, but as much as I enjoyed X and X-2, I got dragged down for a lot of reasons. I recently bought a house and between putting work into that on top of my already mentally taxing 9 to 5 job, it's sometimes hard to find the time (and energy) to play videogames. Being an adult sucks, haha. 

That said, I was actually pretty time efficient in playing X and X-2, especially X-2 where I started off by grinding in the fiend arena so I could breeze through the main game with the Mascot dressphere at a high level. I also saved dozens of hours in completing Shinra's Bestiary by oversouling each fiend by type beforehand--mostly in the fiend arena--and then physically checking each fiend off from a list I printed as I went through Via Infinito. Instead of killing each oversouled fiend I just encountered them and ran away. That way, each encountered oversouled fiend would get recorded in the bestiary but the oversoul status would stick around for the next fiend of that type. I found that I enjoyed X-2: Final Mission much more than X-2 itself, which I imagine is a hot take.

I also have been trying to keep up with using the levequests in FFXIV so the leves don't get stuck at 100, but I let it slip a few times. It's alright though, because I've completed around 800 something levequests so by the time I get to FFXIV I'll certainly be ready for the 1,000.

Not much more to update yet. Obviously, I haven't technically platinumed any of these games yet so I still can't get any of the badges, but I'm coming for them! Just you wait!

• Like 3

Final-Fantasy-Checklist

Been a while since I last posted, just wanted to do a quick update. I don't believe I have moved up a rank, but have completed FF1 and FF2! Such fun games, and it was a pleasure to relieve them on the PS4. Currently working on FF3.

Not featured on list:

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts 356/2 Days (PS3)

Kingdom Hearts re:coded (PS3)

- Zetaflare unlocked

Legend of Mana (PS4)

- Manaman (1/3 completed)

Edited by BlazzingWind
  • Like 4

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@BlazzingWind Congratulations on Bronze tier and 3 badges!

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@Tentativeuser Congratulations on Platinum tier again and the Pixel Enthusiast badge! Thanks for your work on the Pixel Remaster trophy guides! Good luck on The Dark Throne DLC!

• Like 3

All Caught up on PS4.  Still no PS5 but I am trying to keep up with FFXIV trophies for when that day comes.  I also have FF Fortune street, Adventures of Mana, and Secret of Mana.

• Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC (NEW)
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4] (NEW)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (NEW)
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Mana

• Adventures of Mana
  • Secret of Mana
  • Trials of Mana
  • Legend of Mana
  • Like 3

Hey evreryone, i would like to join :) finished FF I - III so far and decided to go for the whole series xD let‘s see how far I can go. 

Okay, i failed to insert a screenshot of the webtracking for the series. Can anybody help with that? I will take a look later on pc. Maybe i find a way to upload screenshots in here ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cybershark91 said:

Hey evreryone, i would like to join :) finished FF I - III so far and decided to go for the whole series xD let‘s see how far I can go. 

Okay, i failed to insert a screenshot of the webtracking for the series. Can anybody help with that? I will take a look later on pc. Maybe i find a way to upload screenshots in here 1f605.png

Upload your screenshot in https://imgur.com/

They will give you a BBCode you can copy paste here

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Upload your screenshot in https://imgur.com/

They will give you a BBCode you can copy paste here

Thx, but somehow it dosent seem to work. I uploaded the pic and got a link. But i cant use it to insert a image in here. I tried the embeded post link as well but then aftewr sending my post i get a window that i was blocked on psnprofiles ? 

So, whatever. https://imgur.com/a/oqB4KXg
please just use this link. ?‍♂️ no idea, why it isn‘t working

Edited by cybershark91
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sup guys, I know there's updates to be done but I'm going out of town for the weekend. On Tuesday I'll mass update everything when I get back. 1f605.png

Time to sneak in an FF plat, then. Maybe. I'm still playing FFXIV, that takes up most of my free time, but there's a three days weekend coming up in my country, I should be able to complete FFIV while still making progress in XIV.

• Like 1

Update time:

Tdie10C.png

Finished Final Fantasy IV, bringing my number of completed games up to 19. Still not gold tier, though, FFXIV kept me busy the last few months and ensured I didn't complete any other FF games or any games for that matter. I finished the MSQ up to 6.4 and completed all Heavensward trophies. Now I'm back to catching up on older content. Not sure about more recent savage content yet, I think I'll pass in 6.4 and instead get more experience and some other trophies out of the way. I'm still about 3 months away from the 1000 levequests, that's when I want to be done with most of the earlier content, preferably anything prior to Endwalker.

• Like 3

On 30.5.2023 at 11:50 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@SkullRobot Congratulations on your new completions! Hope you can get a PS5 soon!

@cybershark91 Welcome to the project! You are now in Emerald tier!

@viech54 Congratulations on your new completions! You're 1 game away from Gold tier now!

Thanks for the update. I hope to be in ruby soon xD 

On 5/30/2023 at 11:50 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@viech54 Congratulations on your new completions! You're 1 game away from Gold tier now!

Thank you. It's no longer one game, though, just finished FF1.

edit: For some reason imgur can't embed the picture. So here's the link: https://i.imgur.com/Zyqg7Tc.png

I had mixed feelings about the magic system until I chose to just keep quite tons of aethers around to ignore its limitations and constantly use my strongest spells. Warmech took over an hour and the game crashed once while auto saving. I didn't know the PS5 makes backups of my savedata (not PS+, regular offline backups that can be used whenever necessary) while playing. It could restore my previous auto save, so I only lost 4 minutes of playtime.

My party was warrior, white mage, red mage, black mage. The hardest part was naming all four of my characters. One of them, the red mage, was be named after me (*1), another one, the black mage, after my current favorite character. That left two characters without a name. I figured it out in the end, but this took me about 30 minutes of thinking of all the characters I like from different forms of media that would be a good fit for warrior and white mage.

Anyway, that's 20 games completed and the second-highest tier until the new tiers are added. I think I can add that gold tier badge to my signature now.

Final Fantasy XIV will still take up most of my time, but I'll try to complete at least one other Final Fantasy per month as long as there are some relatively short ones (i. e. I won't try to do FFIX alongside FFXIV in one month, that will take longer, but more pixel remasters and some others are definitely doable).

*1: No, not viech54, that's a name a friend gave me to annoy me back when I got a PS3 in 2009. Viech is German. Translated into English, it's "creature". It didn't bother me and I still use it to this day and never changed it despite being able to change my PSN name. But I choose a different name for myself if I get to name my characters these days. If it's only one character, I rarely name them after myself, it's only if there's more than one that I consider making me a character in the game.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, I was just starting this challenge by myself, never thought that there was a whole project about it lol.

For some reason I can't insert the image here, so thats the link: https://imgur.com/r2BGoNV

I am actually new to trophy hunting so it might take a while but I do plan to complete the mainline games (I will see about XIV though), I will also aprecciate any tips you guys might have.

• Like 2

Final fantasy 14 ps4,Final fantasy 15 Final fantasy 15 cheebi version sr don't know what else to call it Final fantasy 1 pixel remastered.,currently Final fantasy 2 pixel remastered 41% for the moment definitely platinum that one ffXIV ps5 9% cause of all the dlc Final fantasy VII the original one but ps4 version sr don't know the specifics at the moment and yeah that's it for now would love to plat ff7 remake and ff9 maybe even ffX but not good enough and too much of a a grind ff9 I mean plus the fuckin rope trophy well I might never platinum all of them but the ones I can definitely will 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CameloDescolado said:

Hello everyone, I was just starting this challenge by myself, never thought that there was a whole project about it lol.

For some reason I can't insert the image here, so thats the link: https://imgur.com/r2BGoNV

I am actually new to trophy hunting so it might take a while but I do plan to complete the mainline games (I will see about XIV though), I will also aprecciate any tips you guys might have.

There is always some niche community on the internet in pursuit of the same goals!

Welcome to the forums, homeland friend! ??

18 hours ago, authist90 said:

Final fantasy 14 ps4,Final fantasy 15 Final fantasy 15 cheebi version sr don't know what else to call it Final fantasy 1 pixel remastered.,currently Final fantasy 2 pixel remastered 41% for the moment definitely platinum that one ffXIV ps5 9% cause of all the dlc Final fantasy VII the original one but ps4 version sr don't know the specifics at the moment and yeah that's it for now would love to plat ff7 remake and ff9 maybe even ffX but not good enough and too much of a a grind ff9 I mean plus the fuckin rope trophy well I might never platinum all of them but the ones I can definitely will 

Please mark each of these that you've completed here and post a screenshot and I'll add you to the project. Thanks :)https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

19 hours ago, CameloDescolado said:

Welcome to the project! You're in Emerald tier!