Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

35 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Endwalker expansion includes the others, you should only buy that the

source: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/639433/final-fantasy-xiv-endwalker

Thanks. Didn't buy it yet, but now I know, my account is set up and I'm ready to start whenever I feel like it. Or is it better to get Endwalker early to have it as soon as I create my character?

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. Didn't buy it yet, but now I know, my account is set up and I'm ready to start whenever I feel like it. Or is it better to get Endwalker early to have it as soon as I create my character?

Well, you have a few options, but it depends on many things:

• Currently XIV and Endwalker are 50% off, I don't think you will find a better deal until next expansion pre-order opens up (70~75%~ maybe then).
  • You won't be able to enjoy Shadowbringers and Endwalker content until you reach them respectively in MSQ, which takes a long time, a very very long time if you follow the MSQ story, so maybe by then, depending on your play time, next expansion might be out already... I do recommend you to follow the story, at least after A Realm Reborn (I didn't until I reached Shadowbringers) it's a great one (If you are into that)
  • Just so you know there are some MSQ skip items you can buy in the FFXIV store: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/), but why waste more real money? Unless you want to get those trophies and get done with it.

In any case, it's really up to you, but just keep in mind that, with each patch, the trophy list gets bigger (next patch is Jan 10th)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

Well, you have a few options, but it depends on many things:

• Currently XIV and Endwalker are 50% off, I don't think you will find a better deal until next expansion pre-order opens up (70~75%~ maybe then).
  • You won't be able to enjoy Shadowbringers and Endwalker content until you reach them respectively in MSQ, which takes a long time, a very very long time if you follow the MSQ story, so maybe by then, depending on your play time, next expansion might be out already... I do recommend you to follow the story, at least after A Realm Reborn (I didn't until I reached Shadowbringers) it's a great one (If you are into that)
  • Just so you know there are some MSQ skip items you can buy in the FFXIV store: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/), but why waste more real money? Unless you want to get those trophies and get done with it.

In any case, it's really up to you, but just keep in mind that, with each patch, the trophy list gets bigger (next patch is Jan 10th)

Endwalker is 50% off in my region as well, just not the special edition that comes with the mount, the weapon skin, and the other thing that I forgot. That one is not on sale (but it is on sale on the US store)

I always at least want to give the story a chance, so I won't skip it unless I really dislike it. I've heard mostly good things about FF XIV, so I hope it won't come to that.

Exactly, no need to spend money to skip the game when I can just play it.

Thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Endwalker is 50% off in my region as well, just not the special edition that comes with the mount, the weapon skin, and the other thing that I forgot. That one is not on sale (but it is on sale on the US store)

I always at least want to give the story a chance, so I won't skip it unless I really dislike it. I've heard mostly good things about FF XIV, so I hope it won't come to that.

Exactly, no need to spend money to skip the game when I can just play it.

Thank you.

I don't think there is anything worth it in the Collector's edition (some mounts and minions which won't affects your game play in any way).

As for story, you might find ARR a little slow, just hold on until you reach Heavensward.

My last recommendation for you is, when you create your character, pick a server that is either "new" or "preferred", you will get +100% exp for any job that is lower than Lv80 (don't know if you know it already but you can have all the jobs on the same character, and each job has a separate level, except Summoner & Scholar which share the same exp bar)

Enjoy

• Like 1

On 23.12.2022 at 9:18 PM, oYazmat said:

My last recommendation for you is, when you create your character, pick a server that is either "new" or "preferred", you will get +100% exp for any job that is lower than Lv80 (don't know if you know it already but you can have all the jobs on the same character, and each job has a separate level, except Summoner & Scholar which share the same exp bar)

Enjoy

Both, actually. I was aware that one character can learn all jobs, but not about the EXP boost. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you. It will still be some time, mid to late January to the very least, before I can start XIV. The best I can do for this PP right now are short games like A King's Tale or FF XV Pocket Edition

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

Finished Not started In progress 

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5] (90%)
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus
    • Episode Prompto
    • July 2017 Update
    • Comrades
    • Episode Ignis
    • Royal Pack
    • Comrades March 2018 Update
    • Episode Ardyn
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update
    • March 2019 Update
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5] 
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana

Finally done Crisis Core on PS5 and thank god that's over and done with but that should bring my tally up to 10 

Now working on some of the PS3 games again now that I got one for Christmas 

• Like 2

Let's say I want to get to 100% in this PP someday. Are there any online games I should get out of the way soon (other than XIV, I'm not worried about that)? What about both Dissidias? Do they actually require to play online? I already have all required Comrades stacks, those aren't relevant for me.

Let's say I want to get to 100% in this PP someday. Are there any online games I should get out of the way soon (other than XIV, I'm not worried about that)? What about both Dissidias? Do they actually require to play online? I already have all required Comrades stacks, those aren't relevant for me.

Only Dissidia might be discontinued any time

I would take care of XIII trilogy in PS3 too even if they are offline, no idea if their trophy support will stay, and, if they get a remaster, if the trophy list will be the same. (also 2 of the spin-off games if you care about those, crystal defenders for ps3 and adventure or mana in ps vita)

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Only Dissidia might be discontinued any time

I would take care of XIII trilogy in PS3 too even if they are offline, no idea if their trophy support will stay, and, if they get a remaster, if the trophy list will be the same. (also 2 of the spin-off games if you care about those, crystal defenders for ps3 and adventure or mana in ps vita)

Thank you. So only Dissidia. PS3 is not a problem, I already have all PS3 titles at 100%/platinum. Adventures of Mana is also already done.

Maybe I'll prioritize Dissidia, then. No longer having the chance to complete this would lower my motivation. That doesn't mean I'll ever get to that point, but I still want to be able do to it in theory.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, viech54 said:

Dissidia will definitely be the first to go. There's been no server closure announcements, but if they were to shut off the servers tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me. Other than that, definitely at least purchase and download Crystal Defenders on PS3, Adventures of Mana on Vita and Monsters of the Deep (VR) on PS4. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dissidia will definitely be the first to go. There's been no server closure announcements, but if they were to shut off the servers tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me. Other than that, definitely at least purchase and download Crystal Defenders on PS3, Adventures of Mana on Vita and Monsters of the Deep (VR) on PS4. 

Can you buy Adventuers of mana without a vita?

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

All PS3 games are already completed, so there's nothing to worry about on that end. Adventures of Mana on the PSV is also already at 100%, so no problem there either. Right, I forgot Monsters of the Deep and don't have a PSVR. I'll have to look into that, although not many games come to mind on VR that I'm interested in and buying it just for a few games might not be worth it.

edit: If found this guide: https://metagame.guide/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-free-edition-ps4/trophy-guide It says time to 100% for the free edition is 34 hours. Is that accurate?

Edited by viech54

All PS3 games are already completed, so there's nothing to worry about on that end. Adventures of Mana on the PSV is also already at 100%, so no problem there either. Right, I forgot Monsters of the Deep and don't have a PSVR. I'll have to look into that, although not many games come to mind on VR that I'm interested in and buying it just for a few games might not be worth it.

edit: If found this guide: https://metagame.guide/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-free-edition-ps4/trophy-guide It says time to 100% for the free edition is 34 hours. Is that accurate?

Yup possible, if I remember well the most grinding trophy is the win 300 online matches which is in both the free and paid version, and that takes a very long time. I would still recommend you to play the free version then transfer save to the paid version (you can't transfer from paid to free) so you can unlock all trophies again in paid by doing just one requirement again (you still have to grind for trophies that are in paid but not in free)

On the other matter, I bought a ps3 for 4 games, but am not ready neither to buy a PS Vita or PS VR for just one game... wish if someone could lend them to me...

• Like 1

Hi Rebourn07, cheers for running this! I'd like to sign up too. My list is:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/25-final-fantasy/GoDamage

• Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC (76% need savage trophies)
    • Stormblood DLC (76% need savage trophies)
    • Shadowbringers DLC (75% need savage trophies)
    • Shadowbringers: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC (76%, need Triple Triad, Savage and Excitatron trophies)
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC (60% need Endsinger)
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC (30%)
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana

I also have Fortune Street https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6818-fortune-street-dragon-quest-final-fantasy-30th-anniversary/GoDamage

I think this puts me in the Gold Tier?

I just finished off the PS5 plat for XIV, might do Crisis Core next. Think I'll wait until the last DLC for SoP comes out before tackling that one

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@GoDamage Welcome to the project! Good grief you have every badge except the optional Mana and KH ones lol Good job!!! 

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

@viech54 @oYazmat I don't see how you could do the free edition in that short a time. Wins progress transfers from free to paid...so you'd have to do 300 wins on free which takes forever. Then, once you transfer over to paid, you still couldn't do paid in that short of time cause paid requires the single player treasures grinding. Right?

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yup possible, if I remember well the most grinding trophy is the win 300 online matches which is in both the free and paid version, and that takes a very long time. I would still recommend you to play the free version then transfer save to the paid version (you can't transfer from paid to free) so you can unlock all trophies again in paid by doing just one requirement again (you still have to grind for trophies that are in paid but not in free)

On the other matter, I bought a ps3 for 4 games, but am not ready neither to buy a PS Vita or PS VR for just one game... wish if someone could lend them to me...

Sounds good, so free first, then move on to paid, which I already own.

That sounds like what I did with the Wii. And Wii U. And the Switch Lite. And the regular Switch. I don't want to do that again. I enjoyed the few games that I played on these consoles, but after that, they just collected dust.

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@viech54 @oYazmat I don't see how you could do the free edition in that short a time. Wins progress transfers from free to paid...so you'd have to do 300 wins on free which takes forever. Then, once you transfer over to paid, you still couldn't do paid in that short of time cause paid requires the single player treasures grinding. Right?

So no ~35 hours, got it.

I guess I should do a Final Fantasy year next year, don't see how I'll get any of this done otherwise. Most of these games are part of my backlog anyway and I already bought them, so might as well do them next year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@GoDamage Welcome to the project! Good grief you have every badge except the optional Mana and KH ones lol Good job!!! 

Well the paid is definitely not doable in that short of time. It's at least a 100 hours with the online exploit. Was just thinking about Free with the exploit which sounded correct... but I really don't remember how much it took me.

In any case I am pretty sure you can do it @viech54 ! Good luck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oYazmat said:

Well the paid is definitely not doable in that short of time. It's at least a 100 hours with the online exploit. Was just thinking about Free with the exploit which sounded correct... but I really don't remember how much it took me.

In any case I am pretty sure you can do it @viech54 ! Good luck!

By exploit, you mean changing the MTU settings that will result in fighting bots most of the time in ranked matches? Or is there another one that I'm not aware of?

Thank you :)

By exploit, you mean changing the MTU settings that will result in fighting bots most of the time in ranked matches? Or is there another one that I'm not aware of?

Thank you :)

Yeah, that’s the one. It makes the trophies possible, but still sucks because you have to wait 5-8 minutes between every match…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah, that’s the one. It makes the trophies possible, but still sucks because you have to wait 5-8 minutes between every match…

That's doable. I tend to have some background noise while doing these sorts of things. This can be a lengthy livestream or a Let's Play or something, or maybe some music or an audio book, so it's not that bad.

So, yeah, unless I end up hating Dissidia, I'll get it done at some point next year. I hope I won't hate it. The first 2 Dissidia games were great, I played them a lot.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Sad part of the Vita is that it's locked to only one PSN account

• Like 1