Easy platinum, huge grind

Ray_player240

I tried to become the first person to get this platinum, but after about 2 full days of playing 256 I give up. I'm only halfway through with the coins, despite playing 256 for two days (which seems to be the game which gives the most coins). I also tried changing the date on my console on order to get the furniture, however after skipping about a month I still haven't popped it - there is simply not enough furniture and the items keep repeating. Terribly grindy, which sucks because all the other trophies were fun and easy.

• Like 3

Pac man 256's challenges kinda turned me off from the plat. 10 power ups to level 8? Does it get easier, or is that as obscenely long of a grind as I think? I've probably done that one for 4 hours and don't even have one leveled up at 8. 

47 minutes ago, Blueblur86 said:

I have no idea how to go about collecting the furniture but will also be in no rush to get that done. The biggest challenge for me is getting the challenges done for Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man and Pac & Pal.

Pac and pal isn't too bad, unless I just got lucky. The fact you can abuse saves helps admittedly- I think you can actually abuse saves in all 3 of those. Quitting and returning to the arcade starts you back at the beginning of the level when you resume, so you can cheese that by completing the first level without losing a life, backing out, trying the second until you complete it with no lives lost, etc. 

It still requires a decent bit of skill to beat the levels, but this makes it easier. 

6 hours ago, Ray_player240 said:

I tried to become the first person to get this platinum, but after about 2 full days of playing 256 I give up. I'm only halfway through with the coins, despite playing 256 for two days (which seems to be the game which gives the most coins). I also tried changing the date on my console on order to get the furniture, however after skipping about a month I still haven't popped it - there is simply not enough furniture and the items keep repeating. Terribly grindy, which sucks because all the other trophies were fun and easy.

Too late, I got the platinum a few minutes ago lol. It was a terrible experience though, I have 60 hours of play time in the game and at least half of it was spent on Pac-man 256. Most tedious platinum I've ever gotten. Pac & Pal, Pac-Man (arcade) and Super Pac-Man delivers a decent challenge too, took me hundreds of tries before I managed to reach the required levels.

My best tip is to play level 1-1 of Pac-Motos. You'll earn 10 coins if you beat the level within 6 seconds, so it'll only take you a few hours to earn enough money. I earned around 300-350 coins every 10 minutes.

Edited by Keitaro004
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Keitaro004 said:

Too late, I got the platinum a few minutes ago lol. It was a terrible experience though, I have 60 hours of play time in the game and at least half of it was spent on Pac-man 256. Most tedious platinum I've ever gotten. Pac & Pal, Pac-Man (arcade) and Super Pac-Man delivers a decent challenge too, took me hundreds of tries before I managed to reach the required levels.

My best tip is to play level 1-1 of Pac-Motos. You'll earn 10 coins if you beat the level within 6 seconds, so it'll only take you a few hours to earn enough money. I earned around 300-350 coins every 10 minutes.

Congrats! I saw you were climbing up the coins leaderboard and you were the one person above me with trophy % and it motivated me to play 256 for like... 15 hours? 20? But once I saw you got the platinum first I gave up lol. Will try to finish it in a few days.

16 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Pac-man 256 is the best way to farm coins?

Outch, that's good to know... Cause I hated to grind Pac-Man 256 original trophy list 1f644.png

I thought it was, but according to Keitaro level 1 of PacMotos is. But you will need to grind 256 for hours anyways in order to do the challenges. You need to upgrade 10 power ups to level 8 and I think it took me like 20-30 hours. It took me more time to just play 256 than it took me to finish missions in all the other games and I didn't even use save state abuse.

8 hours ago, Ray_player240 said:

Congrats! I saw you were climbing up the coins leaderboard and you were the one person above me with trophy % and it motivated me to play 256 for like... 15 hours? 20? But once I saw you got the platinum first I gave up lol. Will try to finish it in a few days.

Haha, same here! I noticed you unlocking a bunch of trophies I didn't have yet, thought you were getting really close to the platinum and played like a madman for two days straight! The worst part is that they halved the coins you could earn in 256 in this collection. The original console version offered 128, 256, 512, or 1024 coins if you beat missions. This version had 64, 128, 258 or 516 coins instead, making everything take twice as long.

Anyways, keep going! Compared to what you've been through, getting the coins will be a piece of cake. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keitaro004 said:

Haha, same here! I noticed you unlocking a bunch of trophies I didn't have yet, thought you were getting really close to the platinum and played like a madman for two days straight! The worst part is that they halved the coins you could earn in 256 in this collection. The original console version offered 128, 256, 512, or 1024 coins if you beat missions. This version had 64, 128, 258 or 516 coins instead, making everything take twice as long.

Anyways, keep going! Compared to what you've been through, getting the coins will be a piece of cake. 

Fekk nettopp platinum ?

On 3.6.2022 at 11:03 AM, Ray_player240 said:

Fekk nettopp platinum ?

Gratulerer så mye! Stilig at de to første til å få platinumen er norske, haha :P Viser hvor ekstremt tålmodige vi er her, haha

Edited by Keitaro004
  • Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 1:51 AM, Darth_Dracu said:

Easy platinum?? Surely you jest. This is a HARD platinum. Must be very skilled at pac man

If you’re playing the games legitimately then yeah, it’s a hard platinum. But by abusing the pause saves the arcade games become a case of grinding out until you get a perfect run on each level

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Which other ones would you want it for? Can’t think of many others where having save states would’ve come in that useful

Yea, true. Still not expecting it to be a walk in the park.

Edited by MidnightDragon