Trophies are beneficially glitched on PS5

Sydoki

Hey everyone, I thought I'd post my little discovery that doesn't seem to be covered anywhere else. I've recently started playing the game on PS5 to have a smoother experience with it. Long story short, quite a few trophies have popped for me WAY sooner than they should have.

The trophies that popped earlier than they should have so far are:

• Ship slayer (Destroy 1000 ships) - popped on my first ship kill (AI)
  • How Very English (Buy 1000 tonnes of tea) - popped when I bought 1 tea for a mission
  • Binary Agent (Visit W Ursae Majoris) - popped on my second login to the game. With this one, I'm actually unsure about the requirements...but I was still in the "starting" system when I got it, which is probably a glitch
  • Mission Complete (Complete 50 missions) - popped on my 1st mission
  • ...and perhaps the most important thing...Full Ranking (Reach CQC Championship rank 50) - popped when I simply entered the Arena mode (and started off with rank 1)
  • The Secret is to Bang the Rocks Together (Complete 25 planet side missions) - popped when I finished my first planet mission

You can see the pattern here, it seems for whatever reason the tracking is completely broken and the game awards the trophies for simply doing a requirement once. I haven't progressed far enough to test all trophies but I can confirm that NOT all of the mare glitched in this way.

Things I cannot confirm yet:

• Elitist
  • Combative
  • Elite...Dangerous
  • A Real Team Player
  • That's Scooper
  • Sneaky
  • ...and potentially other cumulative trophies

Things that do NOT seem to be glitched (since I've done these requirements in a low quantity):

• What Did You Do?
  • You Can Run...
  • Mining Like A Champ
  • Mission Accomplished
  • Classic Collection
  • Market Diversity
  • Lave Is a Rare Thing
  • ...and potentially other cumulative trophies

Now, I'm not sure what is the actual cause for these glitches. But I suspect it's as simple as playing the game on PS5 (potentially having to start it from scratch on PS5, but not confirmed of course). Some information about my journey so far to help pinpoint the cause of these glitches:

• I started the game fairly recently (May 2022) from scratch on PS5
  • I've made the Frontier account on the PS5 (I'm not sure if the game is even playable without it tho)
  • I first played in an Open lobby/game mode for the first night - but then only played in Solo mode

Obviously, the most significant advantage of this glitch is getting CQC Rank 50 and not having to spend 50+ hours on grinding; but it's possible that there are more trophies that will cut down on the overall time requirements for 100%. I've been meaning to test it further but figured I'd make a post now before I get slapped with a flag. If you end up testing it yourself - please post your results in this thread so we can be certain how people can utilize this!

Edited by Sydoki
  • Like 1

The game isn't playable without a Frontier account (as everything saves on their server.) I've had similar experiences on PS4, namely I popped some mid-range things like driving 500 miles on SRV and finishing 10 DM in CQC before I had gone the actual distance in either of these. Incidentally I also received the trophy for visiting W Ursae Majoris before I had ever been anywhere near there.

This seems some sort of an account syncing issue as it's not unheard of on either consoles. As far I've been able to deduce the game will pop things based on client getting an acknowledgement from the server, and this may bug out, but how exactly I don't know. My pops have happened over multiple patch states in the game though, so I somewhat doubt FDev has been specifically tageting these. Note there is no PS5 version of ED (and likely will never be as console development has been halted) so you're playing in compatibility mode, so it could be possible the console FW had any effect on this.

Chances are you had a massive fluke in popping all the "hard" trophies instead of any easier ones, but it would be nice to see if there was some predictable behavior in it. I'd recommend you go on an alt account and try replicate this over a couple hours, so the console environment doesn't change.

Unfortunately this has nothing to do with playing on the PS5 and if anything i'd suggest people avoid playing Elite on PS5 as the stability is trash.

I started the game on PS5 and have done 98% of the game on PS5 and due to stability crashes, I have had the complete opposite to yourself, no easy auto pop trophies, but the Win 25 cqc matches i had to get 40+ wins, the 10 community goal trophy thats the only trophy i need for platinum... I'm at 20+ community goals and still no trophy.

If you ever experience a game crash and upon starting the game up it says the save file is corrupt, say good bye to your trophy porgress on any trophies that require X amount of actions to be taken.

You just got incredibly lucky.

I'm curious about the community goals myself. I've done 5 or 6 on my PS5 and several on my PS4 before that (though admittedly wasn't counting before PS5). Still nothing. Should I go back to my PS4 to complete the rest of my CGs? This trophy has me worried as I think we'll run out of CGs that don't require Odyssey soon.

19 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

I'm curious about the community goals myself. I've done 5 or 6 on my PS5 and several on my PS4 before that (though admittedly wasn't counting before PS5). Still nothing. Should I go back to my PS4 to complete the rest of my CGs? This trophy has me worried as I think we'll run out of CGs that don't require Odyssey soon.

Well as the trophy progress seems to be saved in the local save, if you're not using the same local save across both consoles then you would have split your progress in half.

Personally i've now turned off auto cloud save and just upload my save after CG completions, that way if anything goes wrong i can revert back to my good save with CG completions intact... hopefully this will work. Oh and i literally only play the game to do the bare minimum for CGs and turn them in on ps4, to avoid problems.

I just encountered a weird bug when I went back to my PS4... Decided to start getting the SRV trophies and as soon as I touched down with my Scarab, it popped the 1000 miles travelled trophy. Problem is, it didn't pop the 500 miles one >_>. Not sure what's going on here, but there's clearly more bugs going on with the save file and how things are registered. I went back to the PS4 to start doing CGs there again since Doug was encountering issues with getting his CG trophy to pop on PS5 and I didn't want the same issue.

EDIT: Looks like this one isn't new and it's happened to others for a while: 

Crazy how many bugged trophies are in this game...

Edited by Solarus755
new info

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Info from a group chat I am in

"According to a Reddit user, FDev responded to his ticket and said that they have a fix and will implement it with an upcoming update. That may mean update 13 scheduled for august but it looks like a fix is in the works."

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 6:03 AM, Mori said:

Info from a group chat I am in

"According to a Reddit user, FDev responded to his ticket and said that they have a fix and will implement it with an upcoming update. That may mean update 13 scheduled for august but it looks like a fix is in the works."

Great news! Thanks for the update!! Gonna try to wrap up CQC as soon as the fix drops

Edit: It's been confirmed that CQC will be fixed in Update 13

Edited by Sydoki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a small update.  I got the Elitist trophy (get an elite rank) as soon as I got to the Petty Officer rank with the Federation.  I am definitely nowhere near elite rank in any of the four fields and was only working towards getting the sol permit when it dinged.  Pretty happy with that as it'll save me many hours mining!

• 5 months later...

I've had fresh start on a PS5 and had no beneficial glitches. I've encountered a couple of crashes and everything popped as expected except 10 TDM wins where I had to do an extra match. Currently sitting at rank 41 in CQC hoping it will pop at 50.