Johnny Depp defeats Amber Heard in Court

Rozalia1

"Tell the world Johnny, see what a Judge or Jury thinks. Tell the world, Johnny Depp, tell them, I, Johnny Depp, a man, I am a victim too of domestic violence, and see how many people believe or side with you." - Amber Heard, before getting destroyed in court as a result of her domestic violence.

The above link has both parties statements on the result of the trial.

Depp's lawyers did make an error which cost him 2 million to Heard, but she lost 10.350 million to him so he undoubtedly has won in court. While many in the media and many so called "activists" (who minimise and disregard male victims of abuse) are against Johnny Depp, it is clear that the public at large sides with him. Think of it like when a movie/game/whatever has a low score from "critics" but a high score from the public. Also a reminder and new information for many on this matter, Depp for all the abuse he took was prepared to allow her to get away with it until she years later tried to 

Some responses from the comedy gang below. Credit to Vice News for being exemplary with their many articles on this matter of which there is but 1 below.

Edited by Rozalia1

And nothing was lost. 

I do my best to avoid any TMZ related news and the celebrity culture that surrounds it. 

Amber is no different from a lot of women today. Self obsessed, narcissistic, and full of their own shit to ever come out honest. 

• Like 3

Not surprised that some of these ghouls would defend a proven domestic abuser and bed shitter, they likely can personally identify with that kind of behavior, most of all that hag Sarkeesian. The fact that she is still around disappoints me greatly, though thankfully she is laughably irrelevant now and therefore unable to get another scam going.

The sheer nerve of Heard alone to act in her statement like her loss in court was a hit against women being believed is reason enough to lock her up in a tiny cell and throw the key away as far as I am concerned. I actually know a few survivors of domestic abuse, and her psycho stunts were the thing that will make it much harder for victims in future, and the most frustrating thing is that she will just bite the pillow for a director or two and keep making millions by appearing in crappy movies.

Happy for Johnny Depp, not that he really needed it financially, not to mention that his own recorded behavior has told us that he is quite a messed up individual himself at times, but for men in the US it should definitely be considered a win, a much needed one from what I see. I am glad that I do not live in the US, often seems like a miserable experience for anyone who is not part of a protected class.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzoden said:

@CristianX-97

Johnny finally got some justice! 1f918.png

Thanks for tagging me. Today, Justice was served, and for all the right reasons. I've watched this trial and in it's entirety, and the evidence that was brought forth against Amber Turd was undeniable. I think what was the nail in the coffin for her was when Camille cross examined her the first time, and showed her the clip from her 2016 deposition where she has a slip of the tongue and admits she had alerted TMZ that'd she'd be at the courthouse on that specific day when she got the TRO. And then the other nail in the coffin was when Morgan Trimaine (the former TMZ employee) testified that he was the one who received tip offs from someone in close contact with Amber, or Amber herself, that'd she would be at the courthouse on this day with bruises on her face, and that they should capture photos of her bruises. Morgan was the guy that dispatched the paparazzi to be at the courthouse when she'd step out, when the public would see her bruises for the first time. He's the real MVP in my opinion. This is what that Turd gets, for all the lieing she engaged in, and for trying to ruin Johnny Depp's reputation. Today, this world (and jury) showed that it still has some decency and common sense.

#FlushTheTurd

#MegaPint

#JusticeFoeJohnnyDepp

#JusticeForJackSparrow

#AmberTurd

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It’s depressing how few people actually understand and discuss the fundamentals of the American court system and this case and immediately post their TMZ-level personal narratives to explain how they’re interpreting what happened with this (or any publicly discussed) case.

That sounds all very conventional. One problem. The convention is not always correct. If it was left to simply the "experts" then Depp, the victim, would have been screwed. Experts aren't robots, they aren't made of stone, they aren't infallible, they're people vulnerable to all manner of things. The truth of this case is that the "experts" were more concerned with Depp winning making their precious politics, cause, and MeToo look bad, than they were with justice. There is a reason most of these defenders of Heard if questioned will retort with "well I actually haven't been watching the case", because the truth is most of them know that Heard is indefensible if you start actually talking the evidence of the case. The common person however, which these sort of comments malign as dumb dumbs are much less likely to care about what it means for all these grand causes the experts are always worrying about. They see the obvious victim and want the obvious justice.

10 hours ago, Dauersack said:

Not surprised that some of these ghouls would defend a proven domestic abuser and bed shitter, they likely can personally identify with that kind of behavior, most of all that hag Sarkeesian. The fact that she is still around disappoints me greatly, though thankfully she is laughably irrelevant now and therefore unable to get another scam going.

The sheer nerve of Heard alone to act in her statement like her loss in court was a hit against women being believed is reason enough to lock her up in a tiny cell and throw the key away as far as I am concerned. I actually know a few survivors of domestic abuse, and her psycho stunts were the thing that will make it much harder for victims in future, and the most frustrating thing is that she will just bite the pillow for a director or two and keep making millions by appearing in crappy movies.

Happy for Johnny Depp, not that he really needed it financially, not to mention that his own recorded behavior has told us that he is quite a messed up individual himself at times, but for men in the US it should definitely be considered a win, a much needed one from what I see. I am glad that I do not live in the US, often seems like a miserable experience for anyone who is not part of a protected class.

9 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

She shall always remember this day as the day she almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow. 1f61c.png

In all seriousness, though, I am so glad that he won and I hope it encourages male victims of domestic violence to be unafraid of coming forward. The fact that there are no domestic violence shelters for men and men with children is a travesty and so is the fact that a majority of police departments don't take reports of rape from males seriously. I actually remember an episode of SVU where a male stripper was handcuffed to the bed against his will by three women at the bachelorette party and raped and Stabler didn't believe him. Another one was a false rape accusation against someone rich by a woman who had her friends beat her up to make it look real and the man she accused of rape was murdered in prison.

I hope it does mean good thing for male victims out there but we'll have to see on that because this case was not pleasant. Depp is a famous and rich movie star who while known for his vices, is also known by those who know him including his former partners to not be an abusive man. Heard meanwhile was known to be the opposite. Depp had a mountain of evidence against her and could well have still lost this case in court regardless, certainly would have if there hadn't been attention on it that allowed the public to put their overwhelming support behind him. The so called experts, the activists, and media, in the face of such an obvious case of abuse sided largely with the abuser all because the victim was a man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

That sounds all very conventional. One problem. The convention is not always correct. If it was left to simply the "experts" then Depp, the victim, would have been screwed. Experts aren't robots, they aren't made of stone, they aren't infallible, they're people vulnerable to all manner of things. The truth of this case is that the "experts" were more concerned with Depp winning making their precious politics, cause, and MeToo look bad, than they were with justice.

Yes, that’s the rhetoric I was talking about. 

No one needs to be an expert to understand what a plaintiff or defendant is, what burden of proof is, what the legal definition of defamation and the requirements of meeting the standard, or any of the foundational aspects of an American court proceeding. Yet so many people want to hand wave all those pesky “expert-only” aspects to fit things into other narratives they want to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yes, that’s the rhetoric I was talking about. 

No one needs to be an expert to understand what a plaintiff or defendant is, what burden of proof is, what the legal definition of defamation and the requirements of meeting the standard, or any of the foundational aspects of an American court proceeding. Yet so many people want to hand wave all those pesky “expert-only” aspects to fit things into other narratives they want to. 

Another "I'm so smart" comment on your part. Question. Was what the so called experts, activists, and media used to justify their positions? If it were we would have just heard something such as "While Depp clearly suffered greatly at the hands of Heard, a case of defamation is very hard to win for X/Y/Z and that will prove difficult for Depp". That was put out there and understood, you act like it wasn't, but in my experience most people understand that. Them coming out and saying BELIEVEWOMEN, Depp holds a power dynamic, if Heard loses then this will hurt Women everywhere, and blah blah blah. That is not an expert providing an informed view on something, it is an emotional outburst made in anger that their side/politics/cause has been made to look bad.

7 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

Who cares about trial of two drug addicts?

Very reductionist. It is more important than you know and leave it at that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Amber is no different from a lot of women today. Self obsessed, narcissistic, and full of their own shit to ever come out honest. 

misogynistic much? 

On topic:

As for this entire thing, i lost 20 bucks betting on Amber. They both probably won't recover entirely from it. But whatever.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Question. Was what the so called experts, activists, and media used to justify their positions? If it were we would have just heard something such as "While Depp clearly suffered greatly at the hands of Heard, a case of defamation is very hard to win for X/Y/Z and that will prove difficult for Depp".

I don’t even understand what you’re trying to ask here. I have no idea what “experts, activists, and media” said as I don’t speak on their behalf and the only source I saw discussing this case was Legal Eagle, who provided the legal basis for the case, the difference between UK and US court proceedings, what allegations made up both sides lawsuits, and what what the requirements were for each side to win their case. 

Maybe you should question whatever sources you were frequenting to receive whatever takes you’re alleging I’m making. 

• Like 4

Just now, DaivRules said:

I don’t even understand what you’re trying to ask here. I have no idea what “experts, activists, and media” said as I don’t speak on their behalf and the only source I saw discussing this case was Legal Eagle, who provided the legal basis for the case, the difference between UK and US court proceedings, what allegations made up both sides lawsuits, and what what the requirements were for each side to win their case. 

Maybe you should question whatever sources you were frequenting to receive whatever takes you’re alleging I’m making. 

??? 

So you plead ignorance at what has been going on with the so called experts, activists, and media, yet keep making comments that defend them by framing common people as ignorant. Come on now. How about the Vice News and the Guardian links in the OP. That didn't at all catch your eye in their framing of the case?

• Like 1

The optimistic side of me wants to believe I can finally stop hearing about this bullshit now, but I know the rabid fans and the more insidious people that latched onto this case for ulterior purposes likely won't shut up about it for years.

I haven't been following the case at all because I couldn't care less about either of them, never been into celebrity nonsense in general, and believe a court case being broadcasted live is a travesty of the justice system (as are many things about the US in my eyes), but that's just my two cents of course.

Edited by MercilessWaffle
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

He's not worth wasting your time. 

• Like 2