The TRUE definitive edition

Alos88

You know what you almost never see?

Fans of the classics, or readers of great contemporary literature starting online threads to complain every time Mills and Boon publish something new.

I mean, do we need a new thread every time?

These games might be a bit of a joke...

...but it's getting pretty tough to find a decent new joke to be made about them at this point.

Just ignore them. 

No one has to play anything they don't want to :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

You literally just proved my point. 

You were clearly attacking the people that play these games and now you're trying to hide behind the guise that you were just 'mocking' them in innocent fun. The people before your post were, you weren't which is why I singled you out and not them. 

You proved my point, not the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You know what you almost never see?

Fans of the classics, or readers of great contemporary literature starting online threads to complain every time Mills and Boon publish something new.

...but it's getting pretty tough to find a decent new joke to be made about them at this point.

Just ignore them. 

No one has to play anything they don't want to :dunno: 

I don't know, I thought a Morbius-style glorfication of what is likely a pretty mediocre title is at least more original than just a 'LOL look another one' topic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You were clearly attacking the people that play these games and now you're trying to hide behind the guise that you were just 'mocking' them in innocent fun. The people before your post were, you weren't which is why I singled you out and not them. 

You proved my point, not the other way around. 

All I did was mention behavior I've observed on the forums

Then immediately saw that behavior I described happened 

Edited by aZombieDictator

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Except this one is different. They released an "enhanced" version of the game the very same day they released the normal one. It's strange.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

I don't know, I thought a Morbius-style glorfication of what is likely a pretty mediocre title is at least more original than just a 'LOL look another one' topic.

It's not as generic as an opening gambit, I'll give you that for sure...

...but as usual, it took 2 minutes for the thread to turn into the same one it always is :dunno:

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

All I did was mention behavior I've observed on the forums

Then immediately saw that behavior I described happened 

Except this post below completely contradicts that: 

6 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Yep, they're literally made so you can just buy your platinums. They know they can pump out whatever they want and even re release the same games because people keep buying them.

And its really annoying when you wanna browse games and the new trophy lists and store is just full of the crap.

Clearly not an observation and you clearly feel the same way as your supposed 'observation'. 

I'm not defending the games, they are exactly as you and others have said, I'm arguing why you and others care so much about these games simply existing to the point you get personally offended by them. That's what I'm saying. If you don't like the games, then don't play them. There's no need for the toxicity and downright hatred of them on display in this very thread and threads like it. 

Threads aren't removed for joking about games and it's sad if some people ignorantly believe so.

They're removed or locked because some members can't separate a game from the way they disapprove other people spending their time and money and make comments trying to insult and antagonize people under the ridiculous defense of "it was just a joke about the game."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mega-tallica said:

Except this post below completely contradicts that: 

Clearly not an observation and you clearly feel the same way as your supposed 'observation'. 

I'm not defending the games, they are exactly as you and others have said, I'm arguing why you and others care so much about these games simply existing to the point you get personally offended by them. That's what I'm saying. If you don't like the games, then don't play them. There's no need for the toxicity and downright hatred of them on display in this very thread and threads like it. 

How do you see no issue with these "games"?

Edited by aZombieDictator

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Threads aren't removed for joking about games and it's sad if some people ignorantly believe so.

They're removed or locked because some members can't separate a game from the way they disapprove other people spending their time and money and make comments trying to insult and antagonize people under the ridiculous defense of "it was just a joke about the game."

I mean I don't think I've attacked anyone yet, though I did find the 'bullying' comment earlier a bit much. These days people get unhealthily invested in games that frankly aren't worth that level of attention, and taking a joke aimed at a game like this as a personal attack feels like it says more about that person than the game or the joke.
I didn't make fun of anyone for their tastes, only mocked the idea of a game getting some kind of bizarre remaster the very same day the OG version came out.

Edited by Alos88
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

I mean I don't think I've attacked anyone yet, though I did find the 'bullying' comment earlier a bit much. These days people get unhealthily invested in games that frankly aren't worth that level of attention, and taking a joke aimed at a game like this as a personal attack feels like it says more about that person than the game or the joke.
I didn't make fun of anyone for their tastes, only mocked the idea of a game getting some kind of bizarre remaster the very same day the OG version came out.

This thread was left up because you actually made a joke about the game.

20 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

They're designed to give people fast platinum trophies at very low cost for high volume sales.

The reason making jokes about these games works is because the games are a joke. Try making jokes about Sony Sad Dad games like God of War; you'll get your head ripped off. But try making jokes about these games and you'll just have the threads deleted. 

Comparing apples and oranges here. The consensus on God of War is it's one of the greatest games ever made so naturally if you do showcase any kind of negative view on it, joke or not, you're going to have backlash and the many fans of the game are going to jump on you and defend it because that's how that works. 

Whereas with games like these, everybody knows the games are a joke and it's all fun and games, but then the judgmental, elitist trophy hunters come in and ruin it because they just can't ignore this weird, inherent hatred they have for games like these. Then the jokes become gradually less and less a joke and more and more opinionated mud-slinging at the games themselves and the people that play them as seen on display in this very thread. 

I lot of these posts aren't jokes at all, it's just people taking the opportunity to shit on the people that buy these games. Just being real here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Comparing apples and oranges here. The consensus on God of War is it's one of the greatest games ever made so naturally if you do showcase any kind of negative view on it, joke or not, you're going to have backlash and the many fans of the game are going to jump on you and defend it because that's how that works. 

Whereas with games like these, everybody knows the games are a joke and it's all fun and games, but then the judgmental, elitist trophy hunters come in and ruin it because they just can't ignore this weird, inherent hatred they have for games like these. Then the jokes become gradually less and less a joke and more and more opinionated mud-slinging at the games themselves and the people that play them as seen on display in this very thread. 

I lot of these posts aren't jokes at all, it's just people taking the opportunity to shit on the people that buy these games. Just being real here. 

Can't you just be the bigger man and walk away from this one? You've already made your point and so have they, you're just going in circles together at this point, you know you're not going to change their mind or vice versa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, technole said:

What people do with their money and time to play is up to them. If you don't like it, move along and play the games you like.

I mean yeah, if they are not hurting people then who are we to say how people should spend their money.

It's when people make fun of the players of these games I take issue.

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

I mean it effects me when I'm trying to browse new games and nothing is anything of quality. I miss when Sony actually had quality control and the good indie games weren't buried in an avalanche of fast good, break, and what not. Discoverability has gone down the drain for a lot of good games too.

It has kind of flooded the psn store deal section I will admit but not the end of the world. You can still generally tell what games have had effort put into them.

Edited by charxsetsuna
Detail
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Ok, if GoW is such a great game then if someone makes a joke about it why should the fanbase be so thin-skinned as to feel it necessary to white knight for it? 

You know, one thing I've never understood about threads like this is: Why do people who play these games even bother coming through to see the jokes being made about them*? Doesn't that feel like it's the people playing the games who are looking for trouble a little? The OP isn't saying anything about the players, most comments aren't. These games can't have any real community building on the forums, and generally it's only these threads which are meant as jokes or places to vent a little about the constant flood of food games that exist on any one of these game's forum pages anyway.

* Them being the games, not the players

People 'white knight' things because people naturally feel the need to defend what they love or support. 

And some of these comments clearly aren't jokes. It started that way, but didn't take long for it to derail into "why these games are bad and people shouldn't play them" hidden behind the excuse that 'it's just a joke'. 

If you can't see that, well, then there's nothing else to say here.