Firmware update 4.55 available

DarkStar83x

Did a quick search, and found this http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/System-Software-Update-PS3-v-4-45-SCEA-Update/td-p/40721809

Hey everyone, 

We are aware of reports that the recent PlayStation 3 system software update (version 4.45) has caused the XMB to not display on a small number of PS3 systems. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating the cause of the problem. We will announce when the system update is available for download as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

When we have updates, I'll add them to this thread. In the meantime, you can go to this open community thread to add your feedback: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Problem-after-update-to-4-45/td-p/40712...

LATEST UPDATE (6/26; 11:04PM PDT) 

We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 system software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems last week. A new PS3 system software update has been released today that resolves the issue.

For PS3 users who can’t see the XMB, please access the following customer support page and follow the instructions to solve the issue.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4984

Thanks very much for your patience on this issue. 

Replies are blocked so as to make it easy for you to subscribe to this thread to receive updates from PSN Staff when we update this thread. Click the 'Options' above and click 'Subscribe' to track this thread. Please check your notification settings under 'My Settings' to determine when you will receive emails from subscribing to threads in Playstation Community Forums. The default option is 'immediate', but can be set to be 'daily' or 'weekly'.

Edited by Sonic
  • Like 1

Just discovered this a couple minutes ago... Way to not help me find out what it is :P

Why are the dates of posting from last year?

Probably cause the OP screwed up and it's not 4.45

Edit-It's 4.55.  Installing it now, will reply back if anything visible changes.

Did another search: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-4-55-update-is-out-now/m-p/42887915

One guy says he called and it's an update for DVD/BluRay checking.

Final edit-Finished installing, everything's in the clear.  No issues.

Edited by Sonic

The 4.55 is mandatory ( psn is not logging in if you don't update ) so i installed it, had no problems before, have no problems now either, played from disc and everything worked.

Bit strange though to put an update online wich is supposed to be for a very small number of users if i understand correctly. Even when you don't have problems you still have to download...

Edit: official info on dutch playstation site:

"De belangrijkste features in versie 4.55 van de systeemsoftware

Voor bepaalde features werkt de systeemsoftware nu nog stabieler."

Which means as much as: "The system software is working even more stable now for specific features".

That is like the standard comment for a 200mb update ?

Edited by sept-sept

I downloaded it and my console works fine. I found it kind of weird since I always read about updates here or other sites, but I had to download it because I wanted to play Uncharted 3 mp. It's also a very small download, don't think it fixed anything serious.

I downloaded it and my console works fine. I found it kind of weird since I always read about updates here or other sites, but I had to download it because I wanted to play Uncharted 3 mp. It's also a very small download, don't think it fixed anything serious.

Sooo... I thought I remembered reading a few months ago that there was to be an update that would allow organization of the PS3 friends list so you could choose who would show up on your list since it would have to stay at 100 friends or something like that, I guess that's not coming? lol

Edited by BlindMango

Probably cause the OP screwed up and it's not 4.45

Edit-It's 4.55.  Installing it now, will reply back if anything visible changes.

Did another search: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-4-55-update-is-out-now/m-p/42887915

One guy says he called and it's an update for DVD/BluRay checking.

Final edit-Finished installing, everything's in the clear.  No issues.

Yea, sorry. Typo. Fixed it.

Edited by DarkStar83x