Does RE2 has a chapter select mode to get all the collectibles?

WhiterWhite00

The guide suggests to play the 1st run and grab all collectibles too, but does the game has a chapter select function? If yes I would like to play the story without getting the story spoilers while following the collectible guide. I would prefer to do everything else and the collectible as last step..and also: do collectibles will give you some bonuses that will help you towards beating the game in hardcore difficulty? Because if yes then I would get them after beating the story the 1st time

Thanks

Edited by WhiterWhite00

Resident evil 2 doesn't have a chapter select function so you'll have to start up another playthrough or reload an earlier save to grab the ones that you missed. Once you grab a collectible it saves throughout all your playthroughs though so you'll never have to grab the same one twice. As for unlockables if you collect all 15 Mr raccoons you will get an infinite knife which is helpful when going for hardcore and s or s+ rank runs. You could also do your S runs on standard difficulty to get the infinite samurai edge so you could use that on your hardcore runs to make things a little easier. Hope thats helps out 

Edited by jakD_710
  • Like 1

Mmh thanks, and is there a way to know when there is the point of no return for example for the Police Station? So I go until the no return point without collectible guide, then I use it to grab all collectibles in Police Station without getting spoilers each time I follow the guide for the 1st time

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.06.2022 at 0:03 AM, WhiterWhite00 said:

Mmh thanks, and is there a way to know when there is the point of no return for example for the Police Station? So I go until the no return point without collectible guide, then I use it to grab all collectibles in Police Station without getting spoilers each time I follow the guide for the 1st time

or you can just play the game the normal way and play for fun without any guides the first time

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.6.2022 at 0:03 AM, WhiterWhite00 said:

The game will make it very obvious to you once you reach the point of no return, something along the lines of your character saying "this is it, once I progress there's no way back".