Recommended build for NG+ on Ultra Hard

HusKy

On 6/6/2022 at 6:21 PM, Wenzeldale said:

All I used was the Skykiller and the Nora Thunder Armor. I died 3 or 4 times and would say it was pretty manageable. The last boss was a huge HP sponge.

To grind the 125 Token you need around 50 to 60 overall completion in a ng+.

First I did the ng+ on very easy difficulty and grinded 105 token, upgraded the nora thunder armor and the skykiller, then I speedrunned the story on ultra hard.

I am looking forward to a new story dlc

So tokens are a new type of item to buy new weapons, dyes and face paints, right? So you suggest to finish NG+ on story mode to get most of the tokens we need and then doing it again on Ultra Hard, right?

16 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

So tokens are a new type of item to buy new weapons, dyes and face paints, right? So you suggest to finish NG+ on story mode to get most of the tokens we need and then doing it again on Ultra Hard, right?

That is the way I did it. You basically need 95 tokens in your easy ng+ run because all the story missions give you a total of 30 tokens to buy the rest, when you finish the game another time in ultra hard mode

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:04 PM, VoltFieber said:

Here a list of resources, needed for the new Legendary Weapons:

Make sure you get those BEFORE starting NG+ Ultra Hard.

Apex Behemoth Heart        2

Apex Clawstrider Heart        4
Apex Elemental Clawstrider Heart        2
Apex Fireclaw Heart        9
Apex Frostclaw Heart        3
Apex Ravager Heart        6
Apex Scorcher Heart        4
Apex Shellsnapper Heart        3
Apex Slaughterspine Heart        3
Apex Slitherfang Heart        3
Apex Snapmaw Heart        3
Apex Stalker Heart        9
Apex Stormbird Heart        3
Apex Thunderjaw Heart        1
Apex Tideripper Heart        2
Apex Tremortusk Heart        3
Behemoth Circulator        4
Behemoth Force Loader        9
Behemoth Primary Nerve        2
Braided Wire        19
Dreadwing Metal Fang        15
Dreadwing Primary Nerve        8
Elemental Clawstrider Sac Webbing        5
Fanghorn Antler        2
Fireclaw Circulator        6
Fireclaw Sac Webbing        6
Frostclaw Circulator        7
Frostclaw Primary Nerve        2
Frostclaw Sac Webbing        2
Glinthawk Beak        1
Glinthawk Circulator        1
Glinthawk Primary Nerve        2
Luminous Brainstem        105
Medium Machine Core        8
Metal Shards        36.537
Rockbreaker Mining Claw        6
Rockbreaker Primary Nerve        2
Scorcher Circulator        4
Shell-Walker Lightning Gun        2
Shellsnapper Circulator        4
Shellsnapper Primary Nerve        2
Shellsnapper Shell Bolt        10
Slaughterspine Circulator        4
Slitherfang Circulator        4
Slitherfang Earthgrinder        21
Slitherfang Primary Nerve        4
Small Machine Core        2
Stalker Circulator        5
Stalker Primary Nerve        3
Stalker Stealth Generator        3
Stormbird Circulator        2
Stormbird Primary Nerve        8
Stormbird Storm Cannon        7
Thunderjaw Primary Nerve        6
Thunderjaw Tail        4
Tideripper Circulator        2
Tideripper Primary Nerve        4
Tideripper Tail Fin        3
Tremortusk Circulator        6
Tremortusk Tusk        10

Ruin's will give Champion Tokens, avoid everything related to Melee Pit and the Arena.

Stock up Food, Volatile Sludge and other rare materials, before starting NG+.

Recommended Gear:

Nora Thunder Warrior Outfit (Weapon Stamina+, Critical Strike+)

Forgefall: For Plasma and Sniper Damage (Coils: 2x Aerial Enemy Damage, Draw Speed, Overdraw Damage, Impact Damage)

Wings of the Ten: For Group Control and Huge Instant Damage (Coils: Explosive Damage 2x, Multiple Enemey Damage x2, Close Range Damage)

The Blast Forge: Great Special Attack, All Bolts shot at once (Coils: use the Legendary, equip different elemental types)

Tools: Fast Travel Pack, Smoke Bomb, Large Potions, Food (Legacys Landfall), Mount, Sunwing (when you reach your Base)

Skills: All of them, Valor Surge: Ranged Master

All Pouches Maxed out

And Remember: You don't want to farm for components on Ultra Hard, its a waste of your resources and time, fighting a Fireclaw on UH isn't fun anymore.

Is this grind really necessary? I fully upgraded the pouches, Nora Thunder Warrior outfit, Death Seeker's Shadow, Forgefall, Wings of the Ten and The Blast Forge.

Those 36,000 shards sound like a threat!

Edited by FulgidoLucio

On 16.6.2022 at 3:08 PM, FulgidoLucio said:

Is this grind really necessary? I fully upgraded the pouches, Nora Thunder Warrior outfit, Death Seeker's Shadow, Forgefall, Wings of the Ten and The Blast Forge.

Those 36,000 shards sound like a threat!

No, it is not.

You do not need the new weapons for the run at all and I never bothered to upgrade any of them. I basically only used the Hunter Bow Tears of the Land-God sometimes for it's purgewater arrows. Just note that I enjoyed to get all tokens on Ultrahard, but upgrading would have been a real pain.

Most of my weapons (Death Seeker, Forgefall, Wings of the Ten and others) were already fully upgraded from my previous game as was basically everything else that was upgradeable (because I just had fun hunting and completing everything in the base game).

As armor, I mostly used the fully upgraded Carja Stalker Elite to stealth as much as I could, changing to other armors whenever that made more sense of course.

Edited by Captain_Bone_666
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kantera said:

So what do you guys recommend? Start a NG+ first on Story or directly on Ultra Hard? I'm asking because I'm reading both things online.

Thanks!

I guess it is several hours faster to do 2 NG+ runs: one to complete the story on Ultra Hard and the second one on Story to get all the rest of the tokens. Going through a bandit camp on story difficulty is soo much faster than going all stealth to do this on Ultra hard. So if you like to optimize your trophies per hour, I'd recommend that.

That was what I had read and what I had planned.

But I actually liked doing everything on Ultra Hard, so I just did that (and story difficulty is also extremely boring). 

14 hours ago, kantera said:

So what do you guys recommend? Start a NG+ first on Story or directly on Ultra Hard? I'm asking because I'm reading both things online.

Thanks!

I think the absolutely easiest/fastest way is to play:

1. NG+ on story - get 85 tokens and upgrade weapons as needed (use tokens to buy NG+ legendary gear)

2. NG++ on UH - get 30 tokens from story + 10 tokens from 5 easy tallnecks (use flying mount to get them)

• Like 1

On 21.06.2022 at 3:18 PM, Optinooby said:

1. NG story only on lowest difficulty.

2. NG+ 100% on lowest difficulty.

3. NG++ story only on highest difficulty.

according to this video; https://youtu.be/pLhyyN1jO-w

most of the ng+ legendary weapons are better than the base legendary weapons, so imo no need to get the old legend weapons (death seekers, forgefall, blastforge etc) from arena, gauntlet runs, 6 rebel camps etc.

I got some of them but maybe not necessary.

I am playing that 3 playthrough method and I will get all the leg weapons on my 2nd playthrough and i hope be ready for the 3rd step with the ng+ legendary weapons.

Edited by thesahinonur

On 21-6-2022 at 1:57 PM, HusKy said:

I think the absolutely easiest/fastest way is to play:

1. NG+ on story - get 85 tokens and upgrade weapons as needed (use tokens to buy NG+ legendary gear)

2. NG++ on UH - get 30 tokens from story + 10 tokens from 5 easy tallnecks (use flying mount to get them)

Thanks for the tip! I did it your way but got 95 Tokens in my first run and then completed the game on Ultra Hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour, 

Voici en vidéo les armes que je trouve le plus simple pour arriver à bout du NG+UH

Google Translate:

Hello, Here is a video of the weapons that I find the easiest to get to the end of the NG+UH

Edited by DaivRules
All posts need to be in English

• 4 months later...

So, do  the dlc weapons pack enough punch to run. UH NG+

I have (what i consider to be) an average build at present, 2 decent Sharpshot bows, a decent Spikethrower, the Sun Scourge bow and Nora Thunder Warrior armour; all maxed. I can get the Wings of Ten without too much hassle as I've collected more than half the black boxes.

So, planning on a NG+ speedrun on easy, buying the DLC weapons, maybe one more run on easy to collect tokens and farm items for upgrades etc & then playing the UH NG+ to collect everything else (hopefully minimising the UH to just the main missions and perhaps a few camps)...

For those who've completed UH: does that sound a doable build to go for it, or would I need a few more legendary weapons?

I think the build advice in the trophy guide is incorrect. The guide tells you to use the Oseram Artificer outfit because it has high damage resistance against each element. On Ultra Hard, enemies can kill you in 1 or 2 hits even with this outfit equipped. The Oseram Artificer also has multiple perks related to melee damage, which is useless on UH. The Nora Thunder Hunter is far, far better. It has Concentration+, which is essential for Ultra Hard, and other perks that help with ranged damage. Don't do what I did and waste a bunch of materials upgrading the Oseram Artificer.

• Like 2

Question for anyone that has completed the Ultra Hard playthrough trophy. Do you have to legit playthrough the entire game on ultra hard, or can just play on easy most of the time, then right before the final boss fight, change it back to Ultra Hard to end the story and still unlock the trophy?

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I just did my NG+ Ultra hard run, you can't even change the difficulty down within the same playthrough, even after finishing the story. Its bound to be either a near 100% full playthrough of everything on Ultra hard NG+, or do another NG++ on easy just to make it easier to obtain the champion tokens.

These three bloody bronze trophyies is so ridiculous. Its asking you to completely play the same game again (for a third time). Its a massive dick move for us trophy hunters.

I'm never going to buy or play anymore games developed by Guerrilla Games ever.

On 19/12/2022 at 1:04 PM, deldoomgun said:

Damn I just did my NG+ Ultra hard run, you can't even change the difficulty down within the same playthrough, even after finishing the story. Its bound to be either a near 100% full playthrough of everything on Ultra hard NG+, or do another NG++ on easy just to make it easier to obtain the champion tokens.

These three bloody bronze trophyies is so ridiculous. Its asking you to completely play the same game again (for a third time). Its a massive dick move for us trophy hunters.

I'm never going to buy or play anymore games developed by Guerrilla Games ever.

Once you've completed NG+ on ultra hard you can start another NG+ on easy. I've just done that ?

You're able to play NG+ on easy, run through the main story missions and grab 30 champion tokens; the tokens carry over through all NG+ plays, so you're able to dick about doing selective missions on easy and collect tokens as you go, or do multiple playthroughs of the main missions grabbing champions tokens as you go.

I think you need 125 or 130 to grab all the gear for the trophy, but I got over 100 in my NG+ on easy with no major hassle.

The NG+ on Ultra Hard is perfectly manageable with the gear you collect in the main game from doing arena challenges etc. The arena is super easy and getting the decent legendary weapons isn't a major problem.

Just use wings if Ten in the arena to make it super easy. 

I wouldn't bother with the blast forge weapon on UH as by the time you've reloaded its all too late to use. 

Tbf everything is easy once you've got a few legendary weapons and armour. The only bit I struggled with on UH was the slaughter spine fight.

Edited by yoda_squad

2 hours ago, yoda_squad said:

Once you've completed NG+ on ultra hard you can start another NG+ on easy. I've just done that 1f44d.png

You're able to play NG+ on easy, run through the main story missions and grab 30 champion tokens; the tokens carry over through all NG+ plays, so you're able to dick about doing selective missions on easy and collect tokens as you go, or do multiple playthroughs of the main missions grabbing champions tokens as you go.

I think you need 125 or 130 to grab all the gear for the trophy, but I got over 100 in my NG+ on easy with no major hassle.

The NG+ on Ultra Hard is perfectly manageable with the gear you collect in the main game from doing arena challenges etc. The arena is super easy and getting the decent legendary weapons isn't a major problem 

I wouldn't bother with the blast forge weapon on UH as by the time you've reloaded its all too late to use. 

Tbf everything is easy once you've got a few legendary weapons and armour. The only bit I struggled with on UH was the slaughter spine fight.

Thank you, I've unlocked all trophies and thats basically what I did.

First playthrough, just run through the story on any difficulty settings and then grab the legendary weapons (fully upgrade them too) before moving onto the next playthrough.

Second playthrough, main goal is Ultra Hard story only. Then move on to third playthrough.

Third playthrough, do as much side quests or activities on any difficulty settings for collecting champion tokens.

My main set up, or the weapons I used the most, are the Forgefall Sharpshooter bow (Legendary - from arena challenges) Regalla's Wrath Sharpshooter bow (Very Rare - given to you for free with story progression) Death Seeker's Shadow Hunter Bow (Legendary - from arena challenges) Wings of Ten Slingshot (Legendary - from collecting all black boxes). Although I've collected other legendary weapons, I haven't used the other ones as much. 

My main approach to most Ultra Hard encounters, is to stay as far as possible and then snipe all enemies with Regalla's Wrath and Forgefall. The purple grade sharpshot arrow does the highest amount of damage (can be used by both Regalla's Wrath and Forgefall). Regalla's Wrath can use a different, blue grade sharpshot arrow that deals nearly as much damage as the purple grade  sharpshot arrow, but it can only be used by Regalla's Wrath, hence why I kept a purple grade weapon. When enemies come closer, I will switch toi Death Seeker's Shadow. If I'm surrounded by a crowd of enemies, thats when I will pull out the Wings of Ten. With this method, I can usually go into a story mission with all types of arrow / ammo fully loaded, and complete the story quest without even having to craft any newer ammo on the go (except for a few super long missions like Singularity). I craft most of my ammo at the workbench to save on raw resources (A skill that you need to unlock under the Hunter's skill tree).

After completing Ultra Hard story, I stick around the sencond playthrough to gain some more easy champion tokens like simply fly over a Tallneck to hack his brain, quick and easy 2 tokens. I actually began my third playthrough with 40 champion tokens, and for the third playthrough, I only completed the story up to The Kulrut, mainly because I want to access the Arena. I mainly focus on side quests and other activities because they can give 2 champion tokens (some even give you 3). Completing a story quest only gives you 2 tokens and they usually takes twice as long, if not three times longer than a side quest. 

You only need a total of 125 champion tokens for the trophy but I end up getting 130 tokens, more than what I needed.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or is Spectre Prime (Tilda) almost impossible to defeat in UH? I've been trying for more than 6 hours and I can't! I spend most of the battle running away and attacking without taking damage, but one mistake is enough and I die with 1 attack. Super frustrating. I had some problems with other bosses along the UH but after a few attempts I ended up getting it. In this final boss I'm not getting it, the worst thing is that I think I've come really close to defeating because Aloy said "just a few more attacks are missing"

Just now, cffc8 said:

Is it just me, or is Spectre Prime (Tilda) almost impossible to defeat in UH? I've been trying for more than 6 hours and I can't! I spend most of the battle running away and attacking without taking damage, but one mistake is enough and I die with 1 attack. Super frustrating. I had some problems with other bosses along the UH but after a few attempts I ended up getting it. In this final boss I'm not getting it, the worst thing is that I think I've come really close to defeating because Aloy said "just a few more attacks are missing"

I defeated her primarily using Wings of Ten Blast Sling and Forgefall Sharpshot bow. Defeated her on my second attempt.