Champion Tokens

Champion tokens are awarded in new game plus (ng+) for completing main missions. These can be used to purchase the new weapons, which cost 10 tokens each.. And are specifically Champion Tokens. 

Does anyone know if there are any other ways to earn these tokens?

1 hour ago, Wenzeldale said:

Not only main missions. Even side quests, tallnecks, rebel outposts and relic ruins reward them what I have seen so far.

So this could potentially mean you need to 100% NG+ for a DLC trophy related to equipment. Hopefully not, but this is a cheeky way to lob in a 100% requirement if it is

I am not really sure. The missions I have done so far rewarded between 1 and 3 tokens and you need 125 overall. You definitely need to do a big amount of stuff in the ng+ but I don't think you need to 100% it. Maybe later missions give even more, but I will see it when I play again later in the day

2 hours ago, Crylhound83 said:

What I have found out so far is:

Errands give 1 token, gauntlet, ruins, side and main quests give 2 tokens, Cauldrons and rebel camps give 3 tokens.

Someone said that finishing the main quest line gives 30 tokens.

Based on this, we can think about the estimated time it'll take to do all the stuff.

Total amount needed=125 (or so I read somewhere - 80 for weapons, 45 for dyes+face paints)

So, main quests=30 tokens, rebel camps=18 tokens, cauldrons=12 tokens->60 tokens for the most profitable activities. That leaves us with 65 tokens still.

Sidequests=56 tokens, which leaves us with 9 tokens still, which can be done by completing 4 ruins/tallnecks (I can confirm the tallnecks personally, 2 tokens each and they're fairly quick with the flying mount) and 1 errand.

In short, the bastards added a sort-of-100% trophy which will take ages. Goddammit. I had ALREADY done 100% on my first playthrough.

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Based on this, we can think about the estimated time it'll take to do all the stuff.

Total amount needed=125 (or so I read somewhere - 80 for weapons, 45 for dyes+face paints)

So, main quests=30 tokens, rebel camps=18 tokens, cauldrons=12 tokens->60 tokens for the most profitable activities. That leaves us with 65 tokens still.

Sidequests=56 tokens, which leaves us with 9 tokens still, which can be done by completing 4 ruins and 1 errand.

In short, the bastards added a sort-of-100% trophy which will take ages. Goddammit. I had ALREADY done 100% on my first playthrough.

Same i think i drop my ultra hard run i'm on Etere i drop... I don't wanna wast another 100% only story is fine but not another 100% 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Same i think i drop my ultra hard run i'm on Etere i drop... I don't wanna wast another 100% only story is fine but not another 100% 

I will still do it, but fuck Guerrilla for setting the weapons' prices THIS high. Takes 5 sidequests to get one weapon, absolutely ridiculous. Had they set the prices at 6 tokens for weapons and 2 for dyes+face paints it would've been far more reasonable, would've resulted in 48+18 tokens=66 tokens, aka half of the stuff you get by finishing the main campaign (30 tokens) and half of the stuff you get by doing all the rebel camps, all the cauldrons and two side quests or ruins.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I will still do it, but fuck Guerrilla for setting the weapons' prices THIS high. Takes 5 sidequests to get one weapon, absolutely ridiculous. Had they set the prices at 6 tokens for weapons and 2 for dyes+face paints it would've been far more reasonable, would've resulted in 48+18 tokens=66 tokens, aka half of the stuff you get by finishing the main campaign (30 tokens) and half of the stuff you get by doing all the rebel camps, all the cauldrons and two side quests or ruins.

mate where is the place for buying this new stuff? xD

Just now, Neme-ita said:

mate where is the place for buying this new stuff? xD

Weapons you can get at the dudes with a bow and arrow icon, dyes at the dudes with a bowl+pestle icon and face paints at the dudes with the icon that looks like a hammer but with a spike on the right side (the former you can find everywhere and I personally use the Arena dude, the latter two I usually find at Plainsong and Scalding Spear)

45 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Weapons you can get at the dudes with a bow and arrow icon, dyes at the dudes with a bowl+pestle icon and face paints at the dudes with the icon that looks like a hammer but with a spike on the right side (the former you can find everywhere and I personally use the Arena dude, the latter two I usually find at Plainsong and Scalding Spear)

Thx^^

I wonder if it's possible to get on all the new weapons etc on different runs? It might be fastest to do a run on ultra hard and just complete the main story and then another ng+ on story difficulty to grind more champion tokens for the remaining items. As the PS5 version has tracking for this trophy it should be possible to find out easily if this is possible.

• Like 1

Tokens (and the things you’ve already bought with them) do carry over if you decide to NG+ again, so theoretically you can speedrun the campaign (which I did, to get Ultra Hard out of the way) then start again on Story difficulty and speedrun it again, this time doing optional activities that you actually enjoy instead of just being forced to basically do everything. Rinse, repeat.

It may not be terribly efficient, but it can spare you if there’s certain quests or activities you just can’t stand.

4 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

I wonder if it's possible to get on all the new weapons etc on different runs? It might be fastest to do a run on ultra hard and just complete the main story and then another ng+ on story difficulty to grind more champion tokens for the remaining items. As the PS5 version has tracking for this trophy it should be possible to find out easily if this is possible.

Yes. It is. Your post popped up as I was typing mine. ?

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to doing HFW on Ultra Hard. HZD was pretty easy thanks to Shield Weaver and the armor from Frozen Wilds that heals you but Forbidden West is definitely harder.

I've currently got a fully upgraded Nora Thunder Warrior and Death-Seeker's Shadow but I think I'll upgrade a few more weapons just in case before starting my run.

1 minute ago, SirShavesALot said:

Can’t you drop the difficulty down after completing a speed run of the main missions?  I thought the game said you could.  If that’s the case, couldn’t you just speed run the main missions and then cleanup the tokens on a lower difficulty in the same save slot?

When I did the speedrun of Ultra Hard, I couldn’t find a place to drop the difficulty back down. It’s entirely possible I am just blind. But the “Difficulty” option appears to just not be present in the menus at all if you choose UH. I had to hit the NG+ Machine again and select Story from there.

• Like 1

Just now, Ashande said:

When I did the speedrun of Ultra Hard, I couldn’t find a place to drop the difficulty back down. It’s entirely possible I am just blind. But the “Difficulty” option appears to just not be present in the menus at all if you choose UH. I had to hit the NG+ Machine again and select Story from there.

Ugh.  At least the tokens carry over.  I’m already more than half way through my UH run but I don’t want to do all the side content on UH.  Guess I’ll be doing a NG++ token cleanup.  Oh well…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Janire1911 said:

Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to doing HFW on Ultra Hard. HZD was pretty easy thanks to Shield Weaver and the armor from Frozen Wilds that heals you but Forbidden West is definitely harder.

I've currently got a fully upgraded Nora Thunder Warrior and Death-Seeker's Shadow but I think I'll upgrade a few more weapons just in case before starting my run.

This one is significantly harder than Zero Dawn, due to the lack of those items. I did it, but it was not fun, and generally required a lot of dancing around. I was using Death Seeker’s Shadow (for Impact and Tear damage) and Sun Scourge (for Acid, Ice and Fire), with Coils based around Critical Chance and Auto Corrode (DSS) and swapping in either Fire/Ice/Acid boosters (Scourge) depending on what whichever boss I was on was weak to, and the Oseram Artificer with Weaves based on whatever damage type the current boss dealt and was able to muddle through (though Erik, the Apex Thunderjaw, the dual Corrupters, Hephaestus’ Slaughterspine and the Spectre Prime were supreme OHKO BS a lot of the time and caused a lot of deaths.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Ugh.  At least the tokens carry over.  I’m already more than half way through my UH run but I don’t want to do all the side content on UH.  Guess I’ll be doing a NG++ token cleanup.  Oh well…

Same idea man. Just rush NG+ UH get as many ng+ items I can with the 30 tokens (which is 3 weapons I suppose) and do a ng++ from there on onwards.

Huge dick move to put is through this much trouble.

So far NG+ UH took me around 5hrs to reach GEMINI so rushing everything again on story difficult should be really fast (which is another 30 tokens)

• Like 4

For reference, rushing through NG+ UH with maxed out legendaries and all the abilities starting from a 100% save took me between 5 and 6 hours with no great difficulty on any mission, which means rushing through story mode NG+ could take between 3 and 4 hours. Doing this until all the tokens are achieved would take 4 runs in total including the first UH run, plus two pieces of side content at minimum (one rebel camp and one tallneck for the fastest possible path).

Absolute bullshit if you ask me, obviously.

• Like 1

Took me 5-6 hours to finish it on ultra hard, it's not that bad. The only hard part is the final boss and the slaughterspine imo, i just used allot of traps and the spike thrower for those 2 battles.

I might just speedrun the story over and over again, cause i find the other quests pretty boring.

GL everyone! 

Edited by Hunt4Platinum
Opinion
  • Like 2