Markemmanuel

Champion Tokens

45 posts in this topic

On 4.6.2022 at 11:35 AM, Optinooby said:

 

So this could potentially mean you need to 100% NG+ for a DLC trophy related to equipment. Hopefully not, but this is a cheeky way to lob in a 100% requirement if it is

So I finished the trophy now. You need around 50% to 60% maximum, depending on how many collectibles you already found. So it isn't too bad and you have soo many quests and collectible stuff left to do.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wenzeldale said:

So I finished the trophy now. You need around 50% to 60% maximum, depending on how many collectibles you already found. So it isn't too bad and you have soo many quests and collectible stuff left to do.

Yep I've done it too and it can easily be done, especially if you go for a second or third ng+ which only take 3-4 hrs on story. 

 

Thanks everyone!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Wenzeldale said:

So I finished the trophy now. You need around 50% to 60% maximum, depending on how many collectibles you already found. So it isn't too bad and you have soo many quests and collectible stuff left to do.

 

Given that the tokens and the items that you buy with them also carry over whenever you do NG+, you could be really cheeky and just blitzkrieg the story 4 times while hitting the Tallnecks with the Sunbird Override for a few extra. Not sure if that would be any faster than doing NG+ once on UH and then a second time (just to get the Sunbird to make life easier) on Story then go a-questin’, but the option is there.

Edited by Ashande
Typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, basically if i prefer to explore game from scratch on my first run, now there's no need in that, because that's gonna be required for NG+ trophy? What a disappointment, if i understood it correctly.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

So, basically if i prefer to explore game from scratch on my first run, now there's no need in that, because that's gonna be required for NG+ trophy? What a disappointment, if i understood it correctly.

You can just enjoy the game however you like, don't let one trophy ruin that fun. The NG+ trophy is not exploring the game 100%, it is only about 50 to 60% and you can get to that point pretty fast, if you skip dialog and cutscenes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello! Does anyone who has completed NG+ on Ultra Hard recommend any special gear and weapon sets? Thanks.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Don’t you get a good chunk of champion points at the arena when you do the challenges 🤔

Edited by amurnin100
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Don’t you get a good chunk of champion points at the arena when you do the challenges 🤔

These aren't the same tokens, sadly.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crylhound83 said:

These aren't the same tokens, sadly.

 
:(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking that since there may be an expansion for this game in the future, I probably don't want my save file locked on Ultra Hard mode, so I'll probably do another playthrough on a lower difficulty for the last 30. UH isn't that hard, you don't actually have to fight much. There are just 2 bosses that are hard, but once you learn their attack patterns, it's reasonable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I was thinking that since there may be an expansion for this game in the future, I probably don't want my save file locked on Ultra Hard mode, so I'll probably do another playthrough on a lower difficulty for the last 30. UH isn't that hard, you don't actually have to fight much. There are just 2 bosses that are hard, but once you learn their attack patterns, it's reasonable.


It’s not locked on Ultra hard , as advised when you start new game +, I imagine you can load the original run via load game option at the main menu :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, amurnin100 said:


It’s not locked on Ultra hard , as advised when you start new game +, I imagine you can load the original run via load game option at the main menu :)

If you can tell us how to drop it down while playing on Ultra Hard, it’d be appreciated. The option to adjust difficulty in the menus simply ceases to exist on Ultra Hard, even once the story has been completed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ashande said:

If you can tell us how to drop it down while playing on Ultra Hard, it’d be appreciated. The option to adjust difficulty in the menus simply ceases to exist on Ultra Hard, even once the story has been completed.


I would imagine loading your first game via load game (providing your first run was not on Ultra Hard) and then start a new game plus through that save would be my opinion , hope it works :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amurnin100 said:


I would imagine loading your first game via load game (providing your first run was not on Ultra Hard) and then start a new game plus through that save would be my opinion , hope it works :)

Oh, you can do that… or you can use the NG+ console even on your UH game and change the difficulty. I thought you meant dropping the difficulty down from UH once story mode is complete in the same cycle, so you could do all the story content for the UH trophy, then do cleanup on normal or lower without resorting to a third playthrough… which, so far as we can tell, is not possible.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Oh, you can do that… or you can use the NG+ console even on your UH game and change the difficulty. I thought you meant dropping the difficulty down from UH once story mode is complete in the same cycle, so you could do all the story content for the UH trophy, then do cleanup on normal or lower without resorting to a third playthrough… which, so far as we can tell, is not possible.


Ah I see the confusion now, sorry everyone :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone knows if the black boxes give any champions tokens. I finished the game and am planning to do NG+ Story mode and then NG++ UH. I want to get the wings of the ten blast sling for UH, but I am considering collecting the missing black boxes on my main save and then start NG+ or go straight to NG+ depending on if I get champions tokens or not. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed I did get a few champion tokens for some of the later games of Machine Strike. I'm not sure exactly which ones but definitely the ones in The Arena and Hidden Ember, so perhaps the ones above a certain skill level. It still gave me the tokens even though they weren't advertised as a reward. 

This is good because Machine Strike is very easy if you exploit the Fireclaw piece.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/4/2022 at 10:02 PM, CtrlAltPhil said:

I noticed I did get a few champion tokens for some of the later games of Machine Strike. I'm not sure exactly which ones but definitely the ones in The Arena and Hidden Ember, so perhaps the ones above a certain skill level. It still gave me the tokens even though they weren't advertised as a reward. 

This is good because Machine Strike is very easy if you exploit the Fireclaw piece.

Looks like you get 2 tokens for completing a set and 1 token for beating the master, so 11 tokens total. Haven't completed all sets yet, not sure if there is a bonus for completing them all.

 

I prefer the Slaughterspine, having only 1 piece makes things simpler.

 

// Completed all Strike players, there's no bonus.

Edited by the_m4jX
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'll add my two cents.

 

Yeah, these additional trophies just plain suck.  I can see completing it on Ultra Hard and doing a NG+ run, but to buy all the extra stuff, set the prices so high with the tokens, AND make us do a ton of extra stuff to get those tokens?  A little over the top.  On release, I 100% the game just because I loved it so much, not because I had to for a plat.  Now, I feel like I need to do it again if I want that one extra trophy...Guerilla Games dropped the ball on this one in regards to trophy hunters.  I actually hope they add a nice chunk of story DLC like they did with the first game now that I'm putting in all this time to max out my character.

 

I did nothing but the main quest on ultra hard NG+ (fully decked out and upgraded gear before starting the run) and it wasn't too bad except for a few spots.  The leaplasher/longleg combo in Gemeni was terrible, the melee fight with Regala and Erick (?) were tough, and the final boss took me a few tries.  Other than that, not too bad.

 

Now for a story run so I can steamroll everything and get those extra tokens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say I don't want to go through all the side quest, errands and everything else. Would I be able to Complete NG+ on story difficulty 4 times and get 30 tokens each completion?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member