Trophy Thoughts

LordBilbanes

10 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

So after playing this game for about an hour on Soldier mode I would guage the difficulty at 10,000/10.

because of what exactly? Can you be a bit more precise?

Bought the game as well but I wait for a guide until i start it

Sounds a bit drastic. I played it now for 5 hours as scout on warrior difficulty. It is challenging and sometime the enemy placement is unforgiving, but with sole practice it is doable. I always go with the melee class first because i like the combat. Maybe it is easier/harder on archer or mage. You should always save on the dragon statues to not loose any progress after dying. 

I mean it is only the beginning so far but i really like the retro look and the game Design. After 5 hours the game says i completed it to 11%. So i guess it will take some time to Do all 3 playthroughts.

I would rate it as a 8.5 or 9/10 depending on your skill.
I made 35% of the game in Warrior difficulty with the archer for now.

I confirm It's very demanding on some bosses especially if you enter the room with no heal potion and no secondary weapon because you discover the boss room or the special event per surprise.
It is frustating because you are blocked in this room forever untill you successfully pass it.
I passed i.e 3hours in a special event room of the Pyramid with a lot of big monsters because I was half life without potion...

And the controls are not easy, the up button to interact with object/door is the worst game design choice ever. Hope they will change it.

The main difficulty as an archer in warrior difficulty is that the sticks are too much sensitive.
You'll see when you play the archer you can miss a lot of shots because if you want to shot up, you have to maintain the left stick only in up direction, if you have even 1% on the right or the left it will shot in up-right or up-left... Too much sensitive and very frustating.
It could be corrected with a dead-zone option and I hope they will add it or make their own correction.
I became used to it after hours of play but it is always frustating to miss a special shot which do massive damage and that cost you PM which are very very rare.

It’s asanine how difficult it is, I’m about 10 hours in on warrior now. My biggest complaint is the analog stick is sooooo sensitive in regards to ducking. It’s hard to fight because my character is constantly squatting down when I’m just trying to move left/right.

For people complaining about the sticks, you can change it to the D Pad. That is what I did when I was reviewing it and it made a substantial difference in feel.

17 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Intersting insight guys. Would appreciate further updates and thank you :)

As for difficulty, it really isn't too bad in the grand scheme, it just makes everything feel like a hassle.

A great example of this was one of the double sand traps in the pyramid. 

You fight a couple enemies before entering this large room. There is a beetle, which takes about four hits to kill, that you need to deal with. Hitting it once pushes it back, being too far away makes something like an arrow miss and any hit results in it using a double attack and being immune to damage shortly after. There is also limited space to move because the sand enemies will add more randomness to the fight and going too far will engage more enemies. After beating it with extremely limited mobility you need to attack the glass from specific spots. Any place outside of like two or three places can randomly spawn one behind you and quickly result in death. You also can't go too far without engaging the aforementioned different enemies. You need to hit the glass like 15 times, kill the teleporting enemies, do that again and then finish like seven more annoying rooms to reach a checkpoint... and this is like the whole game. 

Again, it's manageable once you know how to approach every situation, where to do everything and lose to every screw you trap, but it really isn't fun. 

Edited by Admiralvic

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 1:36 AM, DavySuicide said:

because of what exactly? Can you be a bit more precise?

Bought the game as well but I wait for a guide until i start it

I have shit reflexes which makes the combat portions really hard.  It doesn't help that some aspect of the controls are a bit sloppy.

I am playing on PS5
Started directly on Warrior difficulty, however the game is not hard in my opinion. Just like many games, its training: trial and error.

The main issue for me is a lag/delay in the gameplay. Sometimes rolling dont work when I press it, attack have some lag... I dont know if the game is this way on purpose or its a issue on PS5 (like fighting games), since I didn't tried in other platforms.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, felipe-gf20 said:

Can someone clear my doubt about the trophy of killing 5000 enemies and destroying 10000 objects. Do they accumulate in the new game +? Because I started the new game + and the enemy count seems to be zero.

I've completed 2 100% saves always having in count the 10k objects destroyed and while I did the 5k trophy in one of the same I haven't unlocked the 10k so I think you have to do it in one save alone. This game is so bad that it is good and so good that it is bad. Can't wait to finish this plat if by any chance 1 of the trophies don't bug and be happy to uninstall the game as soon as the platinum pops 

edit: regarding the 10k objects destroyed, I just popped o my 3rd playthrough with mage at around half way through the great Pyramid, I can confirm now that the stats count through all your save files (at least NG. it will probably count NG+ as well)

Edited by Carlxzgfx

On 10/12/2022 at 5:52 AM, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Is everything ok with the state of this game now? Such as save wipes and bugged trophies? Really wanting to start this sometime soon. Thanks.

No, game is still garbage, had no major issues during my scout/archer NG saves, both of them 100% however the Mage sav I was locked of doing the speedrun due to HUGE frame drops from pegasus dashes, making it impossible to complete that side quest. Also as soon as I went to NG+ with mage and closed the save without actually saving the NG+ my save was wiped. lucky me I always backup save. restored it and after a few hours in ng+ my save was again wiped. app crashes happen quite a few times and that roles back your save. I got my plat a few hours ago and let me tell you, I highly recommend avoiding this piece of garbage, there no other way to call this game really with the utmost respect to all the artists involved, your skills were put into a team that doesn't deserve your skills at all. the pixelart called me to buy this game day one. and I nominate this game to be the worst game of the year period.

Devs announcing that save wipes are now fixed is the biggest lie in the gaming industry btw, whatever they say don't believe them. They should grow a pair and refund everyone for the game they sold.

note: I only decided to plat the game because I'm a masochist and want to fix my completion % on my main acc. that's my goal for next year as a Trophy Hunter.

• Like 1