Fix TSW2 PS5 already...

1 hour ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

the sooner husky gets to work, the sooner we have a respectable alternative. 

I'd say PSNTL is the 2nd best alternative to psnprofiles. It has many gamers tracked, and constantly updates everyones profiles. For example for Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 version), PSNP currently has 19,721 game owners compared to PSNTL, which has 39,242 gamers tracked for GT 7 (PS5 version). 

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Also has a corrupt site owner who flags people for earning trophies that he's struggling with: https://imgur.com/a/xIemxwB and people who improve their rarity leaderboard rank will end up being flagged for no reason: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/62202-danny-johansen/?status=235023&type=status so make sure you hold back on making any real trophy progress if you wanna keep yourself tracked on PSNTL! 

What the actual fuck 

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Also has a corrupt site owner who flags people for earning trophies that he's struggling with: https://imgur.com/a/xIemxwB and people who improve their rarity leaderboard rank will end up being flagged for no reason: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/62202-danny-johansen/?status=235023&type=status so make sure you hold back on making any real trophy progress if you wanna keep yourself tracked on PSNTL! 

wtf

• Like 1

TT is prolly the best alternative to PSNP, but that's mainly because it's TA's sister and TA is one of the best sites for guides. The actual tracking and look of TT is pretty bad compared to PSNP since they mix in their weirdo points system everywhere (like they claim I'm level 800 something when actually I'm 700 something).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

TT is prolly the best alternative to PSNP, but that's mainly because it's TA's sister and TA is one of the best sites for guides. The actual tracking and look of TT is pretty bad compared to PSNP since they mix in their weirdo points system everywhere (like they claim I'm level 800 something when actually I'm 700 something).

while TA is good for guides, i think there is plenty of absolute dogshit guides there. f1 2021 and mass effect legendary edition were fucking bible-sized walls of text that were equally as boring and pointless. Not to mention, i've seen plenty of flat-out wrong and out-of-dateguides on that site. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I haven't used TT deeply, but it looks like a fan site and very well dedicated. they have several different scoring systems, leaderboards etc.

1 minute ago, based_gigachad said:

I would like to see TSW2 PS5 list work properly on the site, but I don't understand how talking about buying Sly out or alternative sites to PSNP is particularly relevant?

Because if it's not gonna get fixed under Sly, why not talk about buying him out or using a site that it DOES work on

• Like 1

On 07/06/2022 at 6:28 PM, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Nice.  According to the worthofweb link above, it's about $19,000.

I assume this is an estimate though ?

57 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

What's the asking price?

Edited by amurnin100

I'm not sure what happened. 
I just checked again and the worthofweb link says the site is now around 40 million?

It would be nice to have this site listed in my resume and know more about which endpoints are used for its data sources.
I'm cautious though about the site's financial standing and if there are any possible legal issues being kept behind-the-scenes.

Edited by sweeping-lamp3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Computer_Cat said:

It says 40M$ for me, lmao. I would definetly buy for 20K$.

Just now, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I just checked again and the worthofweb link says the site is now around 40 million?

It would be nice to have this site listed in my resume and know more about which endpoints are used for its data sources.
I'm cautious though about the site's financial standing and if there are any possible legal issues that being kept behind-the-scenes.

Talking about this must be increasing the website value ??

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Talking about this must be increasing the website value ??

Nah, it was showing this amount for quite a while time already, I think @sweeping-lamp3 forgot about few zeros :D or took the wrong number.

10 hours ago, x7251 said:

I'd say PSNTL is the 2nd best alternative to psnprofiles. It has many gamers tracked, and constantly updates everyones profiles. For example for Gran Turismo 7 (PS5 version), PSNP currently has 19,721 game owners compared to PSNTL, which has 39,242 gamers tracked for GT 7 (PS5 version). 

With HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS hacked and cheated accounts which are thankfully banned here. No thanks, their LB is swarmed by cheaters - no, thank you. 

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, sweeping-lamp3 said:

I'm cautious though about the site's financial standing and if there are any possible legal issues being kept behind-the-scenes.

Keep in mind worthofweb looks at traffic numbers and ads and then makes a lot of assumptions all users viewing the ads and the ad pay rate. So $40M is a very, very generous valuation. It doesn't account for server/hosting/licensing/services costs and valuations are not just extrapolated from assumed revenue.

Sony's trophy api isn't public. That's the only thing anyone where would struggle to figure out if they wanted to create a legitimate challenger to PSNP. Anyone here could easily put in the time and effort to learn how to create everything that PSNP does.

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

Well @HusKy do you think PSNP+ could somehow fix TSW2? I guess it'd require PSN's API in order to track it and that's a big feature to add in so I'd hope that eventually Sly wants to fix this game before it happens to more games and gamers. 

Let's assume the script can do this, what would be the use if most of the people see your profile with blue H and TSW2 list is broken for them?

This needs to be done on backend, can't be really fixed from outside.

• Like 4

Why wouldn’t have Sony themself not interest to join this product?

Of course it‘s made or break with them, since they own the PSN.

Still if they ever wanna do something like PSNP, they would also to program it and do script writing, stuff like this.

Make trophy hunting more competitive, since they also could filter out the black sheeps under the trophy hunting community.

1 minute ago, Jeffboy24 said:

Make trophy hunting more competitive, since they also could filter out the black sheeps under the trophy hunting community.

This is the opposite of where trophy hunting is going and I doubt it's going backwards any time soon

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

This is the opposite of where trophy hunting is going and I doubt it's going backwards any time soon

I guess you‘re talking about the 1$ platinum games?

Guess you‘re right, still (of course) it‘s a Buisness.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2022 at 6:28 PM, sweeping-lamp3 said:

Nice.  According to the worthofweb link above, it's about $19,000.

I wonder if there other ideas of monetization not explored yet.

I'm just curious since this site seems to be the Playstation trophy tracking site that is mentioned in news articles, YouTube videos, and even in the Guinness Book of Records.
I did some random spot-checking among the top 500 players on this site's leaderboard.
All the players I checked are listed on other trophy tracking site leaderboards but I don't see those sites mentioned in outside media which gives me the impression that there is something special about this site that attracts more attention.

This is the biggest trophy tracking site isn't it? Was it the first to do flags for cheaters? The taking down of cheaters is likely a good reason it gets noted by such entities out there as a site that does that will appear more legitimate than one that doesn't. 

22 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

I guess you‘re talking about the 1$ platinum games?

Guess you‘re right, still (of course) it‘s a Buisness.

I'm talking partially about those games, and partially about how even "hard" games have been getting easier and easier lists, or options to decrease difficulty which still allows for trophies, stuff like that. But we can table that conversation for now because invariably it's going to get the thread closed