Question about the DLC's

Hi guys, sorry if this was already asked a lot but i'm a bit confused. 

I have a german PSN account and bought the EU-Version of the Triple Pack incl. The New Order, The Old Blood and The New Colossus on Disc and just finished the Platinum on all 3. For some reason i was assuming that Collection would include the DLC's for Wolfenstein II but that doesn't seem to be the case (thanks Bethesda!!). 

Now i'm wondering, am i even able to play the DLC's bought from the PSN store on a german account when the base game i have is the EU-Version? Are they compatible or did i screw myself out of playing them? 

52 minutes ago, BigE1286 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but i want to stay on one account. And i don't think it's free, they charge 10 bucks for each of the three DLC's and afaik none of the bundles (Triple Pack / Alt History Collection) include any DLC codes. 

DLC goes on sale quite often. Think it was discounted on the sale that ended earlier this week. You just have to make sure you buy the right one.

2 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Just buy the complete edition, all the dlc is on the disc. Import a UK copy, its region free. 

Maybe i'm missing something, but i can't find a physical complete edition of Wolfenstein II. There's the digital deluxe edition which includes all the DLC's, but only digital. 

3 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

DLC goes on sale quite often. Think it was discounted on the sale that ended earlier this week. You just have to make sure you buy the right one.

The price is not the problem, it's the problem i that i can't access any DLC with the base game version i own. 

Maybe i was a bit unclear about that, here's my problem: I bought the Triple Pack of Wolfenstein as the International Version which includes TNO, TOB and TNC. I thought editions like this would include all the DLC, but it doesn't, that's my fault for assuming but not a big problem at all. The problem is, only the german versions of the DLC are available in the german PS Store and the different versions are not compatible with each other. Means i cannot play german DLC with my international base game and vice versa. That means, no matter what i do, i'm not able to put my completion on that game from 66% to 100%, with my account i'm only able to complete the german version if i buy the game a second time. 

If you really want the 100% the only way is to make a second dummy account.

Buy the DLC, install it, and you can already delete the account again if you wish. It takes 5 minutes.

I made a US account one time specifically for this game as it was much cheaper in the US a few years ago. I still have it because franchises like Assassin’s Creed are also cheaper in the US.

So many people have more than one account. I don’t really see the problem.

Anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Baker said:

If you really want the 100% the only way is to make a second dummy account.

Buy the DLC, install it, and you can already delete the account again if you wish. It takes 5 minutes.

I made a US account one time specifically for this game as it was much cheaper in the US a few years ago. I still have it because franchises like Assassin’s Creed are also cheaper in the US.

So many people have more than one account. I don’t really see the problem.

Anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Wait, so it's possible to buy the DLC with an US account for example, install it and then i can play it with my german account? The more i think about it the more i question myself why that shouldn't work tbh. 

1 minute ago, BigE1286 said:

Wait, so it's possible to buy the DLC with an US account for example, install it and then i can play it with my german account? The more i think about it the more i question myself why that shouldn't work tbh. 

Yeah that works.

I’ve played a lot of games I bought on my US account, which is just a dummy account with 0 earned trophies, and played them on my main account.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigE1286 said:

Beware that the new account needs to be of the region of your disc. Earlier you mentioned both international and EU. If it's an EU disc, then you need to make an account in any EU country that's not Germany. You should be able to find the region by checking the disc code on the box/disc with the list on this site. Might have to look around a bit more because it's a collection of games you bought.
https://serialstation.com/games/4d58b754-1a90-4a56-9605-c3c51b7f9c86

And I think that after buying and downloading the DLC on your playstation through that account, you still need to keep that dummy account on your playstation for verification of the license. The PS4 you're playing on also needs to be the primary PS4 for that account, but I think you get that question while logging in to the account on PS4. 1 PS4 can be the primary PS4 of multiple accounts, so don't worry about that for your main account.

But you can play the game with DLC on your main account after installation through the dummy account.

Also beware: If you plan to buy the DLC with PSN-cards then make sure you get a PSN card for the right region. Each country is a different region so German PSN cards don't work on an account from Belgium for example.

• Like 3

Ah yes. I’m so sorry. I totally forgot about different versions. As it’s a worldwide trophy list it slipped my mind. 

The EU version is CUSA07377 and that’s probably the one you have. The US version is CUSA07384. So make sure the DLC has the same code as your disc.

The above poster is right about everything so just follow that advice.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

Beware that the new account needs to be of the region of your disc. Earlier you mentioned both international and EU. If it's an EU disc, then you need to make an account in any EU country that's not Germany. You should be able to find the region by checking the disc code on the box/disc with the list on this site. Might have to look around a bit more because it's a collection of games you bought.
https://serialstation.com/games/4d58b754-1a90-4a56-9605-c3c51b7f9c86

And I think that after buying and downloading the DLC on your playstation through that account, you still need to keep that dummy account on your playstation for verification of the license. The PS4 you're playing on also needs to be the primary PS4 for that account, but I think you get that question while logging in to the account on PS4. 1 PS4 can be the primary PS4 of multiple accounts, so don't worry about that for your main account.

But you can play the game with DLC on your main account after installation through the dummy account.

Also beware: If you plan to buy the DLC with PSN-cards then make sure you get a PSN card for the right region. Each country is a different region so German PSN cards don't work on an account from Belgium for example.

That's a whole bunch of useful information, thanks!

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Ah yes. I’m so sorry. I totally forgot about different versions. As it’s a worldwide trophy list it slipped my mind. 

The EU version is CUSA07377 and that’s probably the one you have. The US version is CUSA07384. So make sure the DLC has the same code as your disc.

The above poster is right about everything so just follow that advice.

My disc Version is CUSA07378 and that gets me confused again. If i look up that code on that site it doesn't list each DLC which it does with CUSA07377, it only shows the Deluxe Edition. 

Hm, so obviously my version is europe, if i make for example an UK account, will that work?

2 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

My disc Version is CUSA07378 and that gets me confused again. If i look up that code on that site it doesn't list each DLC which it does with CUSA07377, it only shows the Deluxe Edition. 

Hm, so obviously my version is europe, if i make for example an UK account, will that work?

Looks to me CUSA07378 is a Eastern European version. From which country did you buy the game?

Also if you’re unsure you can always buy the digital deluxe edition. It’s more expensive ofcourse, but it’s on sale now. And then you can use any country you want for the dummy account, as the trophy list is the same. Except Germany ofcourse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigE1286 said:

That's a whole bunch of useful information, thanks!

You're welcome :) 

I just checked the store for Belgium and in the description of the season pass they mention for which CUSA the DLC is.
In the case of Belgium it's for both CUSA07377 and CUSA07378.

The Belgium store in Dutch:
https://store.playstation.com/nl-be/product/EP1003-CUSA07377_00-WOLFTWOSPASSEFIS

It's even in sale at the moment!

So whatever country you go with, lookup the DLC in the store for that country first and see for which CUSA codes it is :) 

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Baker said:

Looks to me CUSA07378 is a Eastern European version. From which country did you buy the game?

It's a bit complicated, i bought it in Germany and it also has a USK-Logo. Before the initial release, Bethesda didn't even bother to send the original version to our USK for rating, they decided to make a different version for us on their own. Then late in 2018, there was a change in how the USK looks at banned symbols in videogames. They decided to apply the same rules to videogames which they already used for movies, when the use of the art is justified, it gets past the rating procedure.

In 2019 Bethesda then released the uncut version with the USK logo in Germany, with the banners "International Version" on top of the box. Now, these versions are nothing different than the OG release of the international version. You cannot select german language for menus or anything, even the box is complete in english just with a USK logo on the front. So maybe CUSA07378 is the uncut release in Germany, idk. I did try to access the DLC ingame and it tried to direct me to not available content in the PS store, so that means the german DLC is definetly not compatible with it, since it redirects me to banned content in germans store. 

Honestly, idk what exactly i should do. Making an account for Austria, UK, US whatever and probably buying something that will not work later would really suck. 

Edit: I make an Austrian account. The store there lists both the english version which is compatible with my disc and also the german DLC which is only compatible with CUSA07379. 

Thanks @Baker and @Kolm, you really helped me out. 

Edited by BigE1286
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bethharmon said:

It let me download the DLC for free in the store after I 100% the main game, I bought the digital copy months ago and must have included dlc 

You probably bought the digital deluxe edition, which includes the DLC, but it's not free in general. One exception, episode zero of the freedom chronicles is free for all but doesn't include trophies or anything. 

• Like 1