Too late to start?

Jozxyqk_27

37 minutes ago, Jozxyqk_27 said:

Intriguing. To plat or not to plat. That is the question...

Just to give my 2 cents, the game is pretty fast to platinum and it doesn't require boosting neither has PVP trophies so you could power through it, but on the other hand it will be a race of sorts, there's no telling when the console version will shut down but I believe it will take sometime and they will probably announce on Twitter a few weeks in advance, if it were me I would try going for it since the game is a MMO and the online is necessary you might not have another chance at the game, but of course it also depends on how much time you have daily to invest in it.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

I personally think this is the best time to platinum this game (while there is no imminent server closure for the console versions). Trying to reach level 65 isn't a big deal at all especially with how generous the game is at giving new players free xp boosting items. More importantly, because of how old this game is, there aren't that many people right now  trying to go for the named world bosses (needed for a couple of trophies). That one I guarantee will become much harder to complete if a server closure was incoming and an influx of people rush into Tera trying to platinum it before it shuts down.

BTW SunnyBurrito, why does Chun-li in your profile pic look like a dude?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

I personally think this is the best time to platinum this game (while there is no imminent server closure for the console versions). Trying to reach level 65 isn't a big deal at all especially with how generous the game is at giving new players free xp boosting items. More importantly, because of how old this game is, there aren't that many people right now  trying to go for the named world bosses (needed for a couple of trophies). That one I guarantee will become much harder to complete if a server closure was incoming and an influx of people rush into Tera trying to platinum it before it shuts down.

BTW SunnyBurrito, why does Chun-li in your profile pic look like a dude?

Haha some people ask that, when Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was announced Chun's face was....peculiar so people were trying to fix her face and by that we got what the internet does best, memes,in this one someone face swapped her face with Ken's face, I laughed for 5 minutes straight and I've been using this avatar since.

I don't know about everyone else but some guy just walked up to me said I was over leveled for a dungeon and then boosted me to max. And then helped me get a level 65 build for my class, So the community in the game is really nice.

34 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

I think switching crossplay  off helped with that because you eliminate PC players and it seems there is a lot more of them than PS4 players.

When I turned off cross play, well hunting the named world bosses it didn't remove PC players from the world. It removed the ability to party up with them as I was talking to afew whom were hunting the crab beach monster (last one I needed for the ?/plat)

On that note 

It's super easy to get to 65, you also have the option to buy a lv65 scroll for about 10-15$ if ya Wana get max level quickly,

With That and afew of each of the +location+

teleportation scrolls for the clear x dungeon ? ( can buy in the main city from a merchant, costs afew gold per scroll but game likes to give ruby's that are login rewards that sell for like 100gold to a NPC merch) 

It took me about 1 day of play to get all the dungeons by just warping to there respective entrances. (about 10 ish.gold in cost) There is a 5-6hr quest  line needed to access one of the dungeons in a late game lava zone.

Then took about 2 days to get the named world bosses. The crab beach one I mentioned above has a ~6hr (minimum) ~ 10hr spawn window it's one you'll likely be logging off at it's spawn location and logging in, In hopes of it being there. (And changing channels as this zone has 3 )

It's a fun game and Worth the plat.  10000x Easyer then some others.

2 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

When I turned off cross play, well hunting the named world bosses it didn't remove PC players from the world. It removed the ability to party up with them as I was talking to afew whom were hunting the crab beach monster (last one I needed for the 1f3c6.png/plat)

Interesting,didn't know that. ?

Leveling up is fast in this game just don't make the same mistake as me in the first days and avoid doing side quests.

Also disabling cross-play doesn't remove PC players (there are none, because console versions for PS and Xbox have dedicated servers), but the ability to play as party with players from the other platform, for PS4/PS5 this disables cross-play with Xbox players and vice-versa.