Persona Collectibles not spawning

Two things.

As someone who has played most of the AC games, i finally picked up Liberation and finding the combat glitchy and almost impossible. Taking a break from the story, I decided to gather the collectibles. However, none of them are spawning. Even with IGN's maps and videos, they do not appear in any persona's clothes. 

I'm assuming I have to get to a certain point in the game for them to spawn? But did not find any information like that posted. If that's the case, is there a trick to health or the glitchy combat that I am missing? Cause I die in two hits, and it makes me what to rage quit when I'm ganged up by three or more enemies. I can't get pass Sequence 2 Memory 6. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I’m on sequence 5 now and the persona collectibles only just appeared on the map for me. In terms of combat, the game isn’t great, but it’s similar to AC 3’s controls. Use O to counter and square to attack (or X if they’re big and counter your counterattack). Personally I’ve had more issues with stealth/climbing not working than combat (“WALK UP THE FRIGGIN ROCK AVELINE, ITS NOT DIFFICULT” “Ah I see we are sliding down the side of the Chitchen Itza temple for the third time without reaching the top, wonderful”), which makes me want to tear my hair out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...