Shadow Ranger trophy

drevviill

I'm attempting this trophy on my first playthrough...*fingers crossed* :| quick question though, does anybody know if restarting a chapter voids the trophy? Basically what happened was I couldn't knock the guy out on the railcar on the bandits level so I restarted the chapter.

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2016 at 5:36 AM, Teyzii- said:

I'm attempting this trophy on my first playthrough...*fingers crossed* :| quick question though, does anybody know if restarting a chapter voids the trophy? Basically what happened was I couldn't knock the guy out on the railcar on the bandits level so I restarted the chapter.

As long as you didn't kill him first before you restarted you might be alright. Any kill you make is recorded to the save file.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Just completed my 2nd run at the Shadow Ranger trophy. Didn't get it and didn't kill anyone either time. I think the stipulations for this trophy are BS. I don't have any control over the AIs. If one of them blows themselves up or catches themselves on fire then their suicide shouldn't be counted against me. Can't make a backup save to a USB which is BS and I'm sure not going to go out and spend $60+ on PS+ cloud save just so I can hopefully get one trophy. I have thoroughly loved this game up until this point but these kinds of stipulations have ruined it for me.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:57 AM, tinman_1954 said:

Just completed my 2nd run at the Shadow Ranger trophy. Didn't get it and didn't kill anyone either time. I think the stipulations for this trophy are BS. I don't have any control over the AIs. If one of them blows themselves up or catches themselves on fire then their suicide shouldn't be counted against me. Can't make a backup save to a USB which is BS and I'm sure not going to go out and spend $60+ on PS+ cloud save just so I can hopefully get one trophy. I have thoroughly loved this game up until this point but these kinds of stipulations have ruined it for me.

Finally got the Shadow Ranger trophy on my 3rd run. Contagion chapter seems to be the suicide problem area for most people. Got through that unseen and got the trophy. Game has an outstanding storyline! I might have to go out and get the book to read now. lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/04/2019 at 3:49 PM, tinman_1954 said:

Finally got the Shadow Ranger trophy on my 3rd run. Contagion chapter seems to be the suicide problem area for most people. Got through that unseen and got the trophy. Game has an outstanding storyline! I might have to go out and get the book to read now. lol

Man, Contagion ran perfect for me... Not sure if I screwed up on any level.. I must be - I think - more careful each and every level. Will try another times but, man, after beating D6 I got no credits?!?!?!?!?! Found it too strange!!!

• 2 months later...

I got the trophy in my first playthrough. However, it was weird and annoying trophy. Before starting I watched some videos about critical parts to get this trophy. They were first chapter in first scene (metro I think) , train way (using all medics with plenty of bullets)  and D6 part. Before D6 and within D6, I killed many humans because it was so clear that "they forced me to kill."  Last part, please be careful while you are shooting the train materials, you can shot accidentally someone .

In other areas, I tried to keep in silence and press square with guards.

It was so stressful to wait until the end whether I killed someone or not but now it is mine. Good Luck all.

• 1 year later...

old thread but hopefully somebody will reply. Currently on my 3rd try to get Shadow ranger. Now I am stuck in the chase level, last part no med kits, I just keep getting killed just before I need to jump to the train. Is there any way I can get through that last part without medkits. And if not, if I restart chapter does it make Shadow Ranger unobtainable in this run?

15 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

old thread but hopefully somebody will reply. Currently on my 3rd try to get Shadow ranger. Now I am stuck in the chase level, last part no med kits, I just keep getting killed just before I need to jump to the train. Is there any way I can get through that last part without medkits. And if not, if I restart chapter does it make Shadow Ranger unobtainable in this run?

Is that the part where you're on the rail tracks in the vehicle? What difficulty are you playing on? It is impossible to get through there without any medkits on the harder difficulties. Not sure about chapter restart, but when I did that on the steam version, I didn't get the achievement after beating the game

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Is that the part where you're on the rail tracks in the vehicle? What difficulty are you playing on? It is impossible to get through there without any medkits on the harder difficulties. Not sure about chapter restart, but when I did that on the steam version, I didn't get the achievement after beating the game

I play on easy but even then without one final medkit I don't make it. Just read on re-starting chapter; you don't get it indeed. Oh well. After my initial swearing on the quality of this game ? I will just take it and restart.

• 6 months later...

I literally just finished this Shadow  Ranger trophy at last. Just for your information you can get ammunition from anywhere in the game and sell it in the Market, pick up masks or filters etc without any problem. The trophy unlocked normally for me.

Edited by Ekzema043

• 1 year later...

Still on my SR run, but had to re-do it because of the Contagion level where if you knock some enemies out, some of them would land on fire. And then I noticed from the other forums talking about this trophy that it counted as a kill on my end!

Edited by DearieHimemori

On 11/28/2020 at 12:50 AM, seyhano said:

I got the trophy in my first playthrough. However, it was weird and annoying trophy. Before starting I watched some videos about critical parts to get this trophy. They were first chapter in first scene (metro I think) , train way (using all medics with plenty of bullets)  and D6 part. Before D6 and within D6, I killed many humans because it was so clear that "they forced me to kill."  Last part, please be careful while you are shooting the train materials, you can shot accidentally someone .

In other areas, I tried to keep in silence and press square with guards.

It was so stressful to wait until the end whether I killed someone or not but now it is mine. Good Luck all.

Finally got it on my second run. Most people from other forums who talk about this trophy would mostly mention the annoying Contagion level, since knocking enemies out close to the fire would still count as a kill against you.

• Like 1