S-10 License

MountainGoat-93

Hi everyone! 

Sorry if I've missed another thread on this, but i'm struggling with the S-10 License Gold. I've got every other event gold time and literally have S-10 blocking the platinum now :(

I'm sure I'll have plenty of people telling me to 'git gud' - any tips, tricks etc? I've watched Trophy Toms guide and a few others but just don't seem able to put it into practice... help me! 

Almost at the point where I wanna just give control to someone through shareplay ? (JK... srsly tho...)

Apply all assists and then just give it some throttle. Stay clear of the wet asphalt and you should be golden! :) Dont be scared in the corners, lift your fingers off the throttle insted of breaking. I found it quite easy using the controller with sensitivity 10. Also, in the last corner just before the finish line, break down to 50 kmh ish and once you're thorugh turn your tranction control down to 2 and full throttle.

I only miss S7, the one with the formula one car. Guess I'm too old for something running that fast :D

Edited by TheRealKlatzen
  • Like 2

Since it is a license test, the shortest answer is git gud ?

As for tips - have you passed the test at all (bronze/silver). If not, do that - it will give you your own ghost to incrementally chase.

Other than that, the biggest thing is to stay on the dry line and remember that you don't have to YOLO every corner to get a gold time. There are two parts that I found hard - Eau Rouge/Raidillion and Blanchimont (the S through the dip at the start of the lap, and the last fast left hander of the lap if you are not familiar with corner names).

For Eau Rouge, back off early so that you can coast until you are at least half way up the hill - with each attempt you will work out the limit there. For most of the rest of the lap, stay accurate to the dry line, work out your braking points and avoid curbs. At Blanchimont the dry line is super hard to see, but if the rest of your lap has been clean, you have the time to back off to what feels like a snails pace. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MountainGoat-93 said:

Hi everyone! 

Sorry if I've missed another thread on this, but i'm struggling with the S-10 License Gold. I've got every other event gold time and literally have S-10 blocking the platinum now :(

I'm sure I'll have plenty of people telling me to 'git gud' - any tips, tricks etc? I've watched Trophy Toms guide and a few others but just don't seem able to put it into practice... help me! 

Almost at the point where I wanna just give control to someone through shareplay 1f602.png (JK... srsly tho...)

You got a message from me.

36 minutes ago, MountainGoat-93 said:

Hi everyone! 

Almost at the point where I wanna just give control to someone through shareplay 1f602.png (JK... srsly tho...)

Trophy Tom I found generally to be the best guide for GT7 licenses, I used his settings to do my S-10 time - lower steering sensitivity than normal etc.

It's a matter of perseverance this one, just whack the example ghost on and do your best to keep up. 

It probably took me about 3 hours to do this test from start to Gold, and in that I would say less than 5 actual laps were completed. In general I found this test to be one where every few minutes I was getting generally better at each new corner and could just push a bit further into the lap on a good time.

If this is the last hurdle for your plat, it should give you enough reason to give it a really good go for a few hours - I believe in you!!!!

• Like 3

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1497589441

I did it yesterday!
Eau Rouge, for me, is the hardest part. No matter what I did, I always seem to hit the curb and lost control due to the wet surface.
Just take it somewhat slow and keep control of the car.

Have the Breaking line active also helps but there's one breaking line that you can kinda ignore (2:06 in the video). Don't be afraid to accelerate, as long as you're in the dry.

What I did is I turned off traction control for a few attempts, not to try to get the time but to work out where the grip is. You will be slow and spin a lot but you will learn the lines. Around the back of the track is surprisingly grippy in parts where loads of time can be made.Then turn on traction control to 5 and you will flight around with so much more confidence. Hope this helps anyone struggling.

• Like 1

I liked S-10, maybe that's just because Spa is one of my favorite tracks, and of course shows up in other sim(cade) games. There is a bit of a mindset change to this last one.

Personally I prefer hood or clear view and this is like the only trial where I think it actually has some slight advantage over the car or dash views when sight-reading a wet track, cause you can grasp all the puddles quicker, commit to memory the driving line to use, and which areas you can punch it. You also come off an S-9 trial where the timing was tight to this one where it's much more lenient and it's down to pure finesse driving, so that mindset helps.

• Like 1

What helped me a lot was just getting a lap in and then off setting the ghost by the time that was missing.

Catching my ghost in any of the trials gave me a confidence boost for the remaining lap.

I changed that strategy just a bit in S-10:

I started with a slow lap just to have a ghost and then took a few tries to get confident with the car and the dry line.

Once I got close to the target time I changed back to my normal ghost strategy, but making the gap a bit bigger than it actually was to have a better visual to where the dry line actually is or where I messed it up.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, TheRealKlatzen said:

Apply all assists and then just give it some throttle. Stay clear of the wet asphalt and you should be golden! :) Dont be scared in the corners, lift your fingers off the throttle insted of breaking. I found it quite easy using the controller with sensitivity 10. Also, in the last corner just before the finish line, break down to 50 kmh ish and once you're thorugh turn your tranction control down to 2 and full throttle.

I only miss S7, the one with the formula one car. Guess I'm too old for something running that fast :D

It is possible to change your traction control mid-race? Whenever i tried it, I couldn't change it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2022 at 6:30 AM, Brrrrrradislava said:

For me the gamechanger was the countersteering assist.  I did almost every license test with it disabled. But for the s-10 I put it to max settings and saved at least 3 seconds on my next completed lap.

W/o countersteering : 2.28.305

My best time : 2.24.758

This was my experience also. The assists on might be slower for a perfect run, but it gives you a lot more margin for error if all you want is the gold time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one of those cases that only makes one post and disappears but my biggest tip is just roll at the corners and as soon as you are exiting them push the gas pedal. Of course try to stay clear of the wet surface, maybe get the contrast or whatever the option is called in the video settings at +1 so you can see the puddles better and just follow your ghost not the other ghost and try to beat your ghost time. With a bit of practice you can do it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...