DLC needed for 100%?

Is any of the DLC incl. extra playable characters needed for 100% completion?
I know that has been the case with BlazBlue titles made by the same developer, but it would seem as though it isn't the case for this one, looking at the trophy list.
Please only answer if you have 100%'ed or close to 100% trophy completing this game. Not looking to hear speculation, just a confirmation with facts.

The Legendary version of the game (which includes all eleven DLC characters) is on sale for $40 right now. It's useful for players like me who have never owned the game (I waited for precisely a sale like this before purchasing, even if it meant a years-long wait), and it's easily worth the price of admission. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26.8.2022 at 10:45 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

That’s rough. Time to learn how to downgrade digital titles!

For anybody interested, take a look here: [Guide] How to get 1.00 Digital Games.

/edit Solution is known for PS5 players:

- Got confirmation that minus all the online trophies, everything is doable with patch 01.02

- This means that a roadmap could be:

1. That PS5 players download patch 01.02 instead or patch 2.82, obtain all SP trophies including the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All 

2. If the SP trophies are done, the game is patched normally to patch 2.82 for the possibility of earning the MP trophies.

* Patching the game up to the latest version when the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All is obtained, is also a valid solution.

--> In need for more information? Look here.

Thanks people for the discussion btw, because I bought this game recently while it was on sale in a local store and did not know about the fact that playing unpatched is recommended.

Edited by Geridian
Got confirmation that all SP trophies are obtainable with patch 01.02 (1.02)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I always thought it was against the rules for DLC to be necessary for the platinum. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks. I'll either skip or downgrade. 

Indeed.

Normally DLC are always not required for platinum, why this bullshit with this game? :-/

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I always thought it was against the rules for DLC to be necessary for the platinum. Not sure how this slipped through the cracks. I'll either skip or downgrade. 

I never heard of that, but this game isn't the only one . There are more game that done this through updates

Question, what trophy in particular is required for the DLC? :hmm: I was planning on picking this up since it'll be in the PS Plus lineup.

Edit: Nevermind, found it! Guess we downgrading y'all!?

Edited by Xugoshi

On 4.09.2022 at 0:49 PM, Xugoshi said:

Question, what trophy in particular is required for the DLC? :hmm: I was planning on picking this up since it'll be in the PS Plus lineup.

Edit: Nevermind, found it! Guess we downgrading y'all!1f602.png

Can we even downgrade ps plus games?

Edited by WiktorM101

51 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Just look four posts above your post which I am commenting just now:

I'm not asking "how". I did downgrades before. I just read somewhere you can't downgrade ps extra games (i think it was about FF XV) and I wanted to make sure we can downgrade ps plus games.

If you bought the game you will face no issue downgrading 100%

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 1

On 6.9.2022 at 9:50 PM, WiktorM101 said:

I'm not asking "how".

You wrote this..

Can we even downgrade ps plus games?

.. which is 100% a question to the thing I quoted. 

I did downgrades before. I just read somewhere you can't downgrade ps extra games (i think it was about FF XV) and I wanted to make sure we can downgrade ps plus games.

If you bought the game you will face no issue downgrading 100%

Since Granblue Fantasy: Versus is not a game which is only available as "streamed version with PS Extra" (It is logical that you can't downgrade streamed games), but normal available with "PS Essential" (which is the same as the old PS+), the v 1.00 version of the game can be downloaded.

No buying of the game needed. And other people downloaded the v 1.00 of other PS+ games before.

This means: Your comment made no sense at all, so my guess was you just did not read a topic before asking.

And now I think you just mixed up "streamed games" and "normal downloadable PS Essential games".

Either way: Have fun.

/edit Technically speaking downloading the v 1.00 with tools is not a downgrade, you are just downloading an unpatched game version without the patches. You can't delete only the patches on PS4 and PS5 like you sometimes could do on PS3.

- Got confirmation that minus all the online trophies, everything is doable with patch 01.02

1. That PS5 players download patch 01.02 instead or patch 2.82, obtain all SP trophies including the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All 

2. If the SP trophies are done, the game is patched normally to patch 2.82 for the possibility of earning the MP trophies.

* Patching the game up to the latest version when the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All is obtained, is also a valid solution.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 1

On 2022-09-01 at 8:47 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

My thoughts exactly. Frustration aside, this is actually an interesting case as I’d always assumed it was against Sony’s rules to do this. I’ve certainly never seen it before and you’d think it wouldn’t be allowed so shady developers couldn’t try and “force” players into purchasing DLCs to complete the vanilla content.

Either way I’m glad I checked this thread first. I was interested in this game but it’s looking like a skip now unless I can find the energy to go through the bother or downgrading.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

My thoughts exactly. Frustration aside, this is actually an interesting case as I’d always assumed it was against Sony’s rules to do this. I’ve certainly never seen it before and you’d think it wouldn’t be allowed so shady developers couldn’t try and “force” players into purchasing DLCs to complete the vanilla content.

Either way I’m glad I checked this thread first. I was interested in this game but it’s looking like a skip now unless I can find the energy to go through the bother or downgrading.

If you can find a cheap retail copy, you can just play offline without the patch instead of having to mess around with the Proxy Server method :).

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you can find a cheap retail copy, you can just play offline without the patch instead of having to mess around with the Proxy Server method :).

True that! I try and keep an eye open locally for cheap physical copies of games and so if I came across it I’d definitely buy it. I should probably go ahead and learn the downgrade method though. I’ve also been waiting to play Mafia 3 for ages and it’s pretty clear now it’s never getting patched so downgrading is my only hope for that platinum lol

• Like 1

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DIRECT DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF PS4 games from PSN on PS5.
If you kept one PS4 in your possession, you could download games on this PS4 and later copy them over to your PS5 with the help of an external harddrive, which is formatted as Extended Storage.

This whole topic you are currently reading is all about the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section [LINK] of the game Granblue Fantasy: Versus.

What is exactly bugged in the latest patch 2.82 (and maybe since patch 1.10 of this game [ 1.10 was the first patch which added characters]):

The programmers changed the requirement of this trophy (For me it looks more like a very bad overlooked programming error, but who knows?), so that according to this trophy guide comment, you need to buy and own all the game's DLCs to get this trophy to pop.

What are the known workarounds, so that you must not buy the DLCs?

• PS4 and PS5 users: Grab a disc version of this game and play it unpatched.
  • PS4 users only: Download the version 1.00 of this game with the help of workarounds --> Look below For PS4 users only: and consider using the method described here)
  • PS4 and PS5 users: Download the version 1.02 of this game with the help of Charles Proxy --> Look here for a possible solution and here for confirmation.

For PS4 users only:

Spoiler

If anybody cares, if you know some basics about things (Windows user PoV) like LAN settings on PC and console, Powershell, ipconfig command, "how to download and install software on PC" you will be 100% able to download version 1.00 of Granblue Fantasy: Versus when using method 2 of this topic on a PS4: 

While using method 2, you will be able to download three larger files onto your computer's harddrive (Names may differ, if your PSN account's region is not EU/Germany):

EP4492-CUSA17547_00-EUGBVSPRD0000001_0.pkg -> 4 GB file, part 1 of 2 which is needed for installing the game

EP4492-CUSA17547_00-EUGBVSPRD0000001_1.pkg -> 0,98 GB file, part 2 of 2 which is needed for installing the game

EP4492-CUSA17547_00-EUGBVSPRD0000001-A0282-V0100.pkg -> 3,94 GB file, basically the patch to version 2.82 of this game

.. which means, that the initial download size of this game is around 10 GB total.

--> This also means you will not initially get the version 1.00 of this game, but version 2.82 which also is the version with the bug where all DLCs are needed for the Granblue- Know-It-All - trophy.

What you must do to get version 1.00 of this game when the version 2.82 is installed, is this:

1. Delete the downloaded copy of Granblue Fantasy: Versus which is version 2.82.
  2. Then move the file EP4492-CUSA17547_00-EUGBVSPRD0000001-A0282-V0100.pkg out of the data folder, which is inside the psx-download-helper-nodejs-master folder. 
  3. Start the download of this game again on your PS4, as you normally start all your PS4 game downloads. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PS4's NETWORK SETTINGS FOR THIS BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS!
  4. When the download starts, check the total download file size in the PS4 notifications. Now it should be only around 5 GB in total size.
  5. Wait until the download is completed. You should now have the version 1.00 of Granblue Fantasy: Versus ready to be used on your PS4s harddrive.
  6. Change the PS4's network settings back to the original settings.

Currently I am not interested in writing my own complete guide for method 2, thank you.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2