DLC needed for 100%?

That's quite a shame that the dlc is required for doing this...however I'm really enjoying the game and if that's how it is I won't mind buying the dlc, especially when I "kinda" wanted from the start anyway and my sister is a big fan of GBF so maybe I might have a sparring partner for once!

All I do wanna ask is "which dlc do I exactly need for this?" because I see the season passes with all 11 characters but I actually see 13 (Vira and Avatar Belial), so do they count as well? and is there extra that I must purchase too? 

Sorry if someone answered this before, just wanting a clear answer about what I need and what I don't need! Good luck to everyone otherwise!

9 minutes ago, Darghel said:

That's quite a shame that the dlc is required for doing this...however I'm really enjoying the game and if that's how it is I won't mind buying the dlc, especially when I "kinda" wanted from the start anyway and my sister is a big fan of GBF so maybe I might have a sparring partner for once!

All I do wanna ask is "which dlc do I exactly need for this?" because I see the season passes with all 11 characters but I actually see 13 (Vira and Avatar Belial), so do they count as well? and is there extra that I must purchase too? 

Sorry if someone answered this before, just wanting a clear answer about what I need and what I don't need! Good luck to everyone otherwise!

You need to buy all of them i.e. both Character Passes, plus all the other characters who aren't included in them. It's not a cheap game where the DLCs are concerned and you're looking at approx $70 to get everything.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You need to buy all of them i.e. both Character Passes, plus all the other characters who aren't included in them. It's not a cheap game where the DLCs are concerned and you're looking at approx $70 to get everything.

Understood then, and it's alright, I at least have the base game so that's 20 bucks off from the count. The Season Passes are a bit steep I admit, but who knows maybe we'll get a sale for them someday. If not I'll try to buy them one at a time.

Edited by Darghel

1 hour ago, ShahinMiah said:

And this is exactly why I always purchase discs. Much more versatility and you can always sell that game upon completion to get that money back 1f604.png

Indeed and I usually buy physical too, but this is from psn plus and I was looking forward regardless of trophies. It's that now if I actually want them, I need to buy the dlc which is a pain but I really like the game so far so migjt be worth it for me. 

On 6-6-2022 at 9:46 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Is any of the DLC incl. extra playable characters needed for 100% completion?
I know that has been the case with BlazBlue titles made by the same developer, but it would seem as though it isn't the case for this one, looking at the trophy list.
Please only answer if you have 100%'ed or close to 100% trophy completing this game. Not looking to hear speculation, just a confirmation with facts.

its absolutely needed. all of it. the only way to get it is disc version or downgrade patch method. i can confirm this since january this year

i had digital version so i cant fully confirm if having the disc without internet works but it works with every game as far as i know. so i can only confirm the digital thing

Edited by luckyegg

On 8.9.2022 at 11:21 PM, gabrzzz said:

If anyone is interested, I posted another method to get digital 1.00, it doesn't require to install any program.
For this game, you'll need to have less than 19,76 GB of storage available on your PS4. Follow these steps:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/?do=findComment&comment=2625660

Can you maybe add a link to the source where you found the workaround in the topic you are re-linking here?

Tried this method on PS5 but does not work. So, again it is only working on PS4.

Spoiler

1. Selected console storage as install location for PS4 games.
  2. Queued PS4 game downloads, until only 3.83 GB free space were left on the console storage.
  3. Each game download I started manually (so that it actually started downloading something) and paused each game download afterwards, until every game in the download queue was started and paused.
  4. Started the download of Granblue Fantasy: Versus and got the Can`t install. You don´t have enough free space. - message.
  5. Settings -> Network -> Settings -> Connect to the Internet -> Turned this off.
  6. Resumed the download of Granblue Fantasy: Versus -> Now it is marked as Calculating... (or Queued, depends if you press X on the Granblue Fantasy: Versus -icon in the download queue or not), no Can`t install. You don´t have enough free space. - message.
  7. Then I removed all other queued PS4 game downloads I only queued up for the test.
  8. Settings -> Network -> Settings -> Connect to the Internet -> Turned this on.
  9. Download of Granblue Fantasy: Versus was resumed, but since total download size is 9.593 GB, I will get the latest patched version of this game.

==> So, this means that this method either does not work on PS5 (like all the other methods, which are also PS4 only) or I messed something up.

.. But seems to be more likely, that all "Download v 1.00 digital games"-methods known now, just utilize a bug in the app responsible for handling PS4 downloads. And this got fixed with PS5. 

Maybe someone else here likes to make the test with a PS5 and confirm or deny what I wrote above? Would be most appreciated. :)

/edit Thanks to @Sendai-Horatio for confirmation that this new method does not work on PS5.

/edit Solution is known for PS5 players:

- Got confirmation that minus all the online trophies, everything is doable with patch 01.02

- This means that a roadmap could be:

1. That PS5 players download patch 01.02 instead or patch 2.82, obtain all SP trophies including the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All 

2. If the SP trophies are done, the game is patched normally to patch 2.82 for the possibility of earning the MP trophies.

* Patching the game up to the latest version when the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All is obtained, is also a valid solution.

--> In need for more information? Look here.

Edited by Geridian
Got confirmation that all SP trophies are obtainable with patch 01.02 (1.02)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Maybe someone else here likes to make the test with a PS5 and confirm or deny what I wrote above? Would be most appreciated. :)

I had a situation yesterday where my SSD was "full" and deleted the bare minimum and the only thing it installed was the most recent version of the game I was trying to download, I did not get a choice of what versions to install nor did it opt to install the 1.00 version. It looks like the PS5 downloads the game and patches all at once and not only that it requires around double the space of the game itself as a bit of a buffer against a full capacity SSD.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 2

On 2022-09-08 at 2:21 PM, gabrzzz said:

If anyone is interested, I posted another method to get digital 1.00, it doesn't require to install any program.
For this game, you'll need to have less than 19,76 GB of storage available on your PS4. Follow these steps:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/?do=findComment&comment=2625660

Wow great find! I’d have to start downloading a hell of a lot of games to fill up my storage but this is so much simpler than the other version.

Just one thing - I assume like the previous method that once you have the game v.1.0 downloaded you’d have to play offline in order to prevent the game from installing the patch every time you log in?

On 10.9.2022 at 5:48 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Just one thing - I assume like the previous method that once you have the game v.1.0 downloaded you’d have to play offline in order to prevent the game from installing the patch every time you log in?

You can let your console stay in rest mode and you can pause the download of the patch (if anything triggers a patch download), but my experience with playing a non up-to-date version of FFXV was that sometimes my PS4 was still downloading and installing the current patch of a game when left unattended. And that was the case, although all automatic download options where disabled!

-> I think, it is better to only play the offline content of this game with disabled network connection. 

- What I did as a workaround at this time while I was playing FFXV Comrades was: Console was online -> Laptop which was running Charles was active -> FFXV was not able to download the current patch, thanks to Charles and rerouting of patch update URL -> All other connections which required the internet where still possible, thanks to Charles.

Maybe more relevant to PS5 players, but who knows:

Also the PS5 has this odd behavior, that when you connect a external drive which is formatted as an extended storage, the PS5 search for new updates for all games stored on console storage, M.2 and external storage and downloads the current available game updates. Honestly do not know if the PS4 shares this odd behavior, but maybe this information is helpful to someone else. 

Side note: FF7R and Shadow of War, which where both free with PS+ some time ago, together consume around 175GB on a PS4 hard drive.

/edit:

- Got confirmation that minus all the online trophies, everything is doable with patch 01.02

1. That PS5 players download patch 01.02 instead or patch 2.82, obtain all SP trophies including the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All 

2. If the SP trophies are done, the game is patched normally to patch 2.82 for the possibility of earning the MP trophies.

* Patching the game up to the latest version when the bugged trophy Granblue- Know-It-All is obtained, is also a valid solution.

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

On 2022-09-10 at 9:34 AM, Geridian said:

You can let your console stay in rest mode and you can pause the download of the patch (if anything triggers a patch download), but my experience with playing a non up-to-date version of FFXV was that sometimes my PS4 was still downloading and installing the current patch of a game when left unattended. And that was the case, although all automatic download options where disabled!

-> I think, it is better to only play the offline content of this game with disabled network connection. 

- What I did as a workaround at this time while I was playing FFXV Comrades was: Console was online -> Laptop which was running Charles was active -> FFXV was not able to download the current patch, thanks to Charles and rerouting of patch update URL -> All other connections which required the internet where still possible, thanks to Charles.

Maybe more relevant to PS5 players, but who knows:

Also the PS5 has this odd behavior, that when you connect a external drive which is formatted as an extended storage, the PS5 search for new updates for all games stored on console storage, M.2 and external storage and downloads the current available game updates. Honestly do not know if the PS4 shares this odd behavior, but maybe this information is helpful to someone else. 

Side note: FF7R and Shadow of War, which where both free with PS+ some time ago, together consume around 175GB on a PS4 hard drive.

Thanks for the info! I guess to be safe I’d play this completely offline when I get around to it. No sense risking it.

Great tips about FF7 and SoW for HDD space! Another PS+ title that was 100+ GB from memory was Conan Exiles I believe. I think CoD Warzone is free and also in the 100GB range too so that might be an option. ?

• Like 1

On 09/09/2022 at 7:01 AM, Geridian said:

So, this means that this method either does not work on PS5 (like all the other methods, which are also PS4 only) or I messed something up.

.. But seems to be more likely, that all "Download v 1.00 digital games"-methods known now, just utilize a bug in the app responsible for handling PS4 downloads. And this got fixed with PS5. 

Using Charles (the other method someone mentioned a couple of replies before) I was able to downgrade FF XV and obtain the trophies for the Comrades DLC on the PS5.

On 12.9.2022 at 10:54 PM, Genjiff said:

Using Charles (the other method someone mentioned a couple of replies before) I was able to downgrade FF XV and obtain the trophies for the Comrades DLC on the PS5.

Before posting you did realize, that what I wrote was not about Charles Proxy and rerouting packages, but about the known methods for obtaining v 1.00 of PS4 games through downloading from PSN?

.. No, you clearly did not realize this before posting. And the known methods for obtaining v 1.00 of PS4 games through direct downloading from PSN still do not work on PS5.

But, sure: If rerouting packages with Charles works for PS4 game downloads on PS5, somebody can maybe reroute the patch download of the 2.88 patch of Granblue Fantasy: Versus to the older version mentioned here: 

/edit:

Edited by Geridian

14 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Before posting you did realize, that what I wrote was not about Charles Proxy and rerouting packages, but about the known methods for obtaining v 1.00 of PS4 games through downloading from PSN?

.. No, you clearly did not realize this before posting. And the known methods for obtaining v 1.00 of PS4 games through direct downloading from PSN still do not work on PS5.

Not sure why you're being so passive-agressive. Nowhere in this thread is explicitly mentioned that there is a working method for downgrading games on PS5. My comment was only to ensure that the average viewer who stumbles at this thread isn't misled by your statement that:

On 08/09/2022 at 8:57 AM, Geridian said:

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5.

which struck me as odd, since I have already downgraded games on PS5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genjiff said:

Not sure why you're being so passive-agressive. Nowhere in this thread is explicitly mentioned that there is a working method for downgrading games on PS5. My comment was only to ensure that the average viewer who stumbles at this thread isn't misled by your statement that:

I think that message refers to PS5 exclusive games, rather than PS4 games running via Backwards Compatability.

Only important for the discussion with Genjiff and me:

Spoiler

On 13.9.2022 at 0:31 AM, Genjiff said:

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5.

1. You miss the fact that I wrote KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5.

--> The part in bold is important here: "FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5"

- And what you interpret of this, is that I wrote: You cannot use Charles to download older patch versions of PS4 games on PS5

--> This I clearly did not write, as you can see.

1. What you refer to is getting other versions of games via Charles. Not the version 1.00 specifically.

Spoiler

- This is explained to its fullest in this topic: 

- For Comrades you want a lower patch version of FFXV, not exactly version 1.00, but a lower version as the current patch because Comrades DLC support got deleted some patches before the current FFXV patch.

- So, you use Charles to reroute the patch download to an older patch, but again: You do not reroute anything to version 1.00.

- If this works for PS4 games on PS5, fine. But still: It is not used for downloading version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

2. What I refer to, is using the known methods on PS5 to get the version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

Spoiler

But these methods clearly do not work on PS5.

-  And this has nothing to do with downloading an older patch of a game with Charles.

/edit

- According to https://orbispatches.com/PATCH 01.02 was the only patch that was released without the adding of characters (CUSA17547 EU - Patch 01.02 information), which is affecting the trophy Granblue- Know-It-All - Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section 

- These things listed here then are really useful: 

So, I changed the sentence now to: 

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DIRECT DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF PS4 games from PSN on PS5.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, the term downgrading used for both scenarios is just incorrect. 

You either:

1. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download the vanilla 1.00 version of a game with the help of a tool

2. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download a older patch version of a game with the help of a tool

.. You never downgrade a game at current patch level to an older patch level directly -> So, you never downgrade something.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe more important for all people:

What Genjiff wrote here...

On 12.9.2022 at 10:54 PM, Genjiff said:

.. works on PS5 and with the PS4 game Granblue Fantasy: Versus.

You can utilize the method from the Comrades tutorial...

... for Granblue Fantasy: Versus and download patch 1.02 instead of patch 2.82.

Tried it myself:
Downloaded the game with a total package size of 6.081 GB after I rerouted the download of patch 2.82 to 1.02 via Charles and described in the Comrades tutorial.

/edit:

Edited by Geridian

8 hours ago, Geridian said:

Only important for the discussion with Genjiff and me:

Reveal hidden contents

1. You miss the fact that I wrote KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5.

--> The part in bold is important here: "FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5"

- And what you interpret of this, is that I wrote: You cannot use Charles to download older patch versions of PS4 games on PS5

--> This I clearly did not write, as you can see.

1. What you refer to is getting other versions of games via Charles. Not the version 1.00 specifically.

Reveal hidden contents

- For Comrades you want a lower patch version of FFXV, not exactly version 1.00, but a lower version as the current patch because Comrades DLC support got deleted some patches before the current FFXV patch.

- So, you use Charles to reroute the patch download to an older patch, but again: You do not reroute anything to version 1.00.

- If this works for PS4 games on PS5, fine. But still: It is not used for downloading version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

2. What I refer to, is using the known methods on PS5 to get the version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

Reveal hidden contents

But these methods clearly do not work on PS5.

-  And this has nothing to do with downloading an older patch of a game with Charles.

/edit

- According to https://orbispatches.com/PATCH 01.02 was the only patch that was released without the adding of characters (CUSA17547 EU - Patch 01.02 information), which is affecting the trophy Granblue- Know-It-All - Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section 

- These things listed here then are really useful: 

So, I changed the sentence now to: 

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DIRECT DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF PS4 games from PSN on PS5.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, the term downgrading used for both scenarios is just incorrect. 

You either:

1. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download the vanilla 1.00 version of a game with the help of a tool

2. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download a older patch version of a game with the help of a tool

.. You never downgrade a game at current patch level to an older patch level directly -> So, you never downgrade something.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe more important for all people:

What Genjiff wrote here...

.. works on PS5 and with the PS4 game Granblue Fantasy: Versus.

You can utilize the method from the Comrades tutorial...

... for Granblue Fantasy: Versus and download patch 1.02 instead of patch 2.82.

Tried it myself:
Downloaded the game with a total package size of 6.081 GB after I rerouted the download of patch 2.82 to 1.02 via Charles and described in the Comrades tutorial.

thanks i managed to DL the game in version 1.02, with the last version of charles on my ps5 :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tobaldou said:

thanks i managed to DL the game in version 1.02, with the last version of charles on my ps5 :)

Nice. ? Is really easy if you understand how this works. URLs for 1.02 are also known: 

Only thing I basically do not understand, is that note for patch PATCH 01.33 on the site https://orbispatches.com/CUSA17547 :

- New in-game tournament trophies have been added.

Is the known trophy set not the same, as it was on patchlevel v 01.00 until 01.33 ?

/edit:

- Got confirmation that minus all the online trophies, everything is doable with patch 01.02

Edited by Geridian