DLC needed for 100%?

11 hours ago, Geridian said:

Only important for the discussion with Genjiff and me:

Reveal hidden contents

1. You miss the fact that I wrote KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5.

--> The part in bold is important here: "FOR DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF DIGITAL GAMES ON PS5"

- And what you interpret of this, is that I wrote: You cannot use Charles to download older patch versions of PS4 games on PS5

--> This I clearly did not write, as you can see.

1. What you refer to is getting other versions of games via Charles. Not the version 1.00 specifically.

Reveal hidden contents

- This is explained to its fullest in this topic: 

- For Comrades you want a lower patch version of FFXV, not exactly version 1.00, but a lower version as the current patch because Comrades DLC support got deleted some patches before the current FFXV patch.

- So, you use Charles to reroute the patch download to an older patch, but again: You do not reroute anything to version 1.00.

- If this works for PS4 games on PS5, fine. But still: It is not used for downloading version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

2. What I refer to, is using the known methods on PS5 to get the version 1.00 of PS4 games through PSN.

Reveal hidden contents

- This is explained to its fullest in this topic: 

But these methods clearly do not work on PS5.

-  And this has nothing to do with downloading an older patch of a game with Charles.

/edit

- According to https://orbispatches.com/PATCH 01.02 was the only patch that was released without the adding of characters (CUSA17547 EU - Patch 01.02 information), which is affecting the trophy Granblue- Know-It-All - Unlock all entries in the glossary's Characters and Terms section 

- These things listed here then are really useful: 

So, I changed the sentence now to: 

KEEP IN MIND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS NO KNOWN SOLUTION FOR DIRECT DOWNLOADING VERSION 1.00 OF PS4 games from PSN on PS5.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, the term downgrading used for both scenarios is just incorrect. 

You either:

1. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download the vanilla 1.00 version of a game with the help of a tool

2. Delete a game with the highest patch level from console storage -> Download a older patch version of a game with the help of a tool

.. You never downgrade a game at current patch level to an older patch level directly -> So, you never downgrade something.

Thank you for having the patience to explain more in-depth what you meant. I believe it was just a misunderstanding between us. Anyway, I'm happy that this discussion happened, since it may shed some light on the topic for the people trying to platinum it on PS5. Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geridian said:

Nice. ? Is really easy if you understand how this works. URLs for 1.02 are also known: 

Only thing I basically do not understand, is that note for patch PATCH 01.33 on the site https://orbispatches.com/CUSA17547 :

Is the known trophy set not the same, as it was on patchlevel v 01.00 until 01.33 ?

I just did all the trophies, I only miss the trophies of the kill with the skybound art with each character, so I had no problem with the patch 1.02, as soon as I had the trophy that asks for the dlc characters, I did the update 2.82 and I did the trophies online. 

Then I had 150 tickets, I put my savegame in the cloud, I opened packs of 10 weapons with the tickets, I reloaded my savegame once 0 ticket, I managed to have the sword after 4 reloads of my savegame.

So all can be done with the 1.02 patch except the multiplayer

• Like 1

The trophies are really very beautiful  and the game seems cool and fun to play, but buy 50000 character's dlc no thanks.

i am sure they added it for we buy it , i have see multiple topics for put the game on version 1.0 but it's too hard for me to understand so maybe i wait they release a lower price on it ... 

Just now, Mouton33 said:

The trophies are really very beautiful  and the game seems cool and fun to play, but buy 50000 character's dlc no thanks.

i am sure they added it for we buy it , i have see multiple topics for put the game on version 1.0 but it's too hard for me to understand so maybe i wait they release a lower price on it ... 

The simplest downgrade method is to buy a cheap(ish) retail copy then play offline without the patch installed. Also note, the DLCs are now on sale as part of the Big in Japan sale but the prices aren't that much lower.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mouton33 said:

1. If you own a PS4, this is the easiest method known to get the version 1.00 of a game you want to download through PSN: 

- You need 0 programs running on a PC or other device for it, only a nearly full console storage.

2. The other easy method for PS4 and PS5 players is this: Grab a disc version of this game and play it unpatched.

--> Even a child can get both methods to work.

For all other known methods, you need some basic knowledge about technical stuff.

1. PS4 users only: Download the version 1.00 of this game with the help of external tools: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

2. PS4 and PS5 users: Download the version 1.02 of this game with the help of Charles Proxy --> Look here for a possible solution and here for confirmation.

.. And, yes: You can download games on PS4 and later copy them over to your PS5 with the help of an external harddrive, which is formatted as Extended Storage.

Edited by Geridian
Deleted a line break

On 9/14/2022 at 5:38 PM, SirkSirk said:

So using the PS4 method for v1.00, is my save data usable or do I have to clear rpg mode from scratch all over again?

Save data is usable on all patches and 1.00 unpatched. I beat the campaign mode and downgraded, it loaded my save data and I got the trophy when I went into the Glossary.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

So I tried method 1 of downgrading but it doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting the 9,5 gb size which is the updated version whereas the 1.00 version is 5.3 gb I believe? Is it because it's a PS plus thing? Anyone had any luck with method 1 on their PS4?

1 hour ago, Xugoshi said:

So I tried method 1 of downgrading but it doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting the 9,5 gb size which is the updated version whereas the 1.00 version is 5.3 gb I believe? Is it because it's a PS plus thing? Anyone had any luck with method 1 on their PS4?

i got the plat 40 minutes ago with that method on PS4. worked like a charm. if it worked for me, it will work for you too. read the steps carefully and make sure you're doing everything right. if u need help, add me on psn and i can show you how i did it.

Edited by adm1r86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adm1r86 said:

i got the plat 40 minutes ago with that method on PS4. worked like a charm. if it worked for me, it will work for you too. read the steps carefully and make sure you're doing everything right. if u need help, add me on psn and i can show you how i did it.

Thanks for confirming! Don't mind if I add you bro? :D 

On 15/09/2022 at 3:00 PM, HuntingFever said:

Does anyone know how many characters are in the core game and who they are?

I asked bing and he answered this to me: https://gbf.wiki/Granblue_Fantasy:_Versus

You can also see a launch screenshot on this page: https://fightersgeneration.com/games/granblue-fantasy-versus.html

11 characters in base roster.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KatzenSebi said:

Savefile will work with the downgraded Version. 

I tried to load up the game on 1.00 and it says no save file detected, then I downloaded my old save from the cloud and relaunched the game but it doesnt seem to acknowledge my previous save file, how do you load the 2.82 save file on 1.00?

4 minutes ago, JLT said:

I tried to load up the game on 1.00 and it says no save file detected, then I downloaded my old save from the cloud and relaunched the game but it doesn't seem to acknowledge my previous save file, how do you load the 2.82 save file on 1.00?

The main save file(s) should work without the patch installed but MP replays are tied to the latest patch so won't load without it installed ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

28 minutes ago, JLT said:

I tried to load up the game on 1.00 and it says no save file detected, then I downloaded my old save from the cloud and relaunched the game but it doesnt seem to acknowledge my previous save file, how do you load the 2.82 save file on 1.00?

I Played on my PS5 Granblue with the newest Version. Played through the whole campaign...Closed the game and Uploaded the  Savefile to my cloud. Turned my PS4 on with my granblue v1. 00 on it... downloaded my save, started the game And everything was fine. 

On 14/9/2022 at 2:36 PM, Geridian said:

1. If you own a PS4, this is the easiest method known to get the version 1.00 of a game you want to download through PSN: 

- You need 0 programs running on a PC or other device for it, only a nearly full console storage.

2. The other easy method for PS4 and PS5 players is this: Grab a disc version of this game and play it unpatched.

--> Even a child can get both methods to work.

For all other known methods, you need some basic knowledge about technical stuff.

1. PS4 users only: Download the version 1.00 of this game with the help of external tools: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/

2. PS4 and PS5 users: Download the version 1.02 of this game with the help of Charles Proxy --> Look here for a possible solution and here for confirmation.

.. And, yes: You can download games on PS4 and later copy them over to your PS5 with the help of an external harddrive, which is formatted as Extended Storage.

I can confirm that this is working on PS5 by using Charles proxy server. This is how it went:

> Download the game following PSN free release.
> easyplat.jpg
> Do everything on 2.83, but last glossary trophy not popping.
> Check forum. DLC needed.
> Swear against every divinity in Italian.
> I read more and discover that I can pop the trophy with the help of Charles by downloading v1.02
> I follow the guide for Charles on the Comrade DLC thread. Everything went smoothly, just note that when I remapped the json URL i needed to delete the query params in the in the two boxes. I just needed the 1.02 EU JSON URL (found at the previous page of this thread).
> Re-download game. Size is approx 6GB instead of the 9GB+ of the latest patch. Everything seems right.
> Launch game. Previous savefile of 2.83 is recognized, I go to the glossary and BOOM, trophy pops.
> feelsgoodman.jpg

Thanks to everyone who shared precious information on this thread. Sometimes the community is incredible :D

Edited by RaigakkiSEN
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

It seems that the DLC is NO LONGER NEEDED to 100% this game.

Just make sure you update your game to v2.85.

According to: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138640-psa-dlc-are-no-longer-needed-for-the-platinum/

Also see patch notes: https://granbluefantasyvs.com/news/2023/01/23/ver-2-85-patch-notes/

Trophy

The “Granblue Know-It-All” trophy’s unlock conditions have been changed.

Characters and terms that required DLC purchase are no longer needed to unlock this trophy.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

• 2 months later...