1984 Theme Unlock Not Working (Date Method)

RuinousOne25

So I’m trying to unlock 1984 and I heard one of the secondary methods to unlock it is by playing in Effect Mode and choose any mode on the date of June the 6th (when Tetris got first created).  I’ve played multiple times on different modes to get it come up but nothing comes, was the date method only accessible for a limited time or is there something I’m missing?

I think you also need to have unlocked a certain amount of avatars and participated at least once in the weekly even and got the goal.

Trust me though, once you've played 1984 once, you'll be like "Yep, I'm never playing this theme again"

I think you had to be at least Player Level 50 in order to unlock it that way, but when I first wanted to unlock this stage couple years ago, I played on June 6th and nothing happened either. I'm pretty sure this method only worked once years back.

Seems like the only way to get the stage nowadays is to enter '06061984' on the secret menu screen.

Speaking of which, for me the 1984 stage disappeared again after installing the Connected multiplayer patch. Usually you cannot access the secret menu screen after unlocking the stage, so I hope it's not impossible for me now to unlock it once again. I will have to try that out next time I boot the game. ?

On 7.6.2022 at 2:37 AM, enaysoft said:

Trust me though, once you've played 1984 once, you'll be like "Yep, I'm never playing this theme again"

The background and block skin kinda plays with your eyes, but the keyboard typing sound effects make this stage really satisfying to play imo.

Edited by Joypad92

40 minutes ago, Joypad92 said:

Seems like the only way to get the stage nowadays is to enter '06061984' on the secret menu screen.

I don't know how I actually unlocked it, but I know for a fact that isn't the only way, as I have it, and didn't even know there was a secret menu screen, let alone type in any codes ?

I only started playing the game in November last year, so I can confirm there is some way to unlock it with regular play...

On 8.6.2022 at 7:53 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I don't know how I actually unlocked it, but I know for a fact that isn't the only way, as I have it, and didn't even know there was a secret menu screen, let alone type in any codes 1f602.png

Oh really? Are you sure you're not talking about the 1989 stage with the classic Tetris music in it? That one gets unlocked by simply reaching Player Level 50.

The 1984 stage is inspired by the very first version of Tetris ever made and has russian text in it. I'm pretty sure you cannot unlock this one with regular play anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joypad92 said:

Oh really? Are you sure you're not talking about the 1989 stage with the classic Tetris music in it? That one gets unlocked by simply reaching Player Level 50.

The 1984 stage is inspired by the very first version of Tetris ever made and has russian text in it. I'm pretty sure you cannot unlock this one with regular play anymore.

possible - I'll need to check, but I may well just be mistaking them then!

Sorry ?

• Like 1