Poison Ivy fight: Hard mode

Hi everyone, 

Been having problems with this game from the moment I pressed start. It used to be one of the greatest games I have experienced of all time, to now being a chore to get through. The new look is very off in some parts and whilst it could be me getting older as well as the game being older, it now feels awful to play. 

Anyway. The old tactic of throwing the batarang and dodging the vines seems to be out of the window and when you do get to the point she fires those red orbs, it feels ore like they're heat seekers and hard to avoid. This used to be the easiest boss fight in the series, now it feels so difficult. It feels like they totally broke the response time of your controls or something. I dunno man. I don't even know what I am asking lol. 

Been a while since I've played through this fight, but from what i can remember when she sends the red orbs is to just keep running in a circle. I think she opens her shield up after the first or second orb, allowing you to send a batarang quickly and keep running. Sorry it's not working out for you, as this was one of my favorite games of all time... I think I've platted it 6-7 times now lol

37 minutes ago, hotdog_president said:

Been a while since I've played through this fight, but from what i can remember when she sends the red orbs is to just keep running in a circle. I think she opens her shield up after the first or second orb, allowing you to send a batarang quickly and keep running. Sorry it's not working out for you, as this was one of my favorite games of all time... I think I've platted it 6-7 times now lol

Yeah same here man. I got the 100% completion on 4 different profiles for the 360/PS3 era. Amazing game like I said, but it was just down to me being shit. But the camera and combat for this game has really started to age now. 

I actually breezed through the fight the moment I posted this but then the sound on the game has broken in that there is around 1 second lag between actions and voices since I beat the Ivy. I hate when a dev gives out a great original title for some contractor to then create bugs in another wise faultless game. 

But I have stopped going for the 100% on games now as there is no way I will ever try to 100% Arkham City again, but I cannot wait to start that game as the story and missions were even better than in Asylum. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Hi everyone, 

Been having problems with this game from the moment I pressed start. It used to be one of the greatest games I have experienced of all time, to now being a chore to get through. The new look is very off in some parts and whilst it could be me getting older as well as the game being older, it now feels awful to play. 

Anyway. The old tactic of throwing the batarang and dodging the vines seems to be out of the window and when you do get to the point she fires those red orbs, it feels ore like they're heat seekers and hard to avoid. This used to be the easiest boss fight in the series, now it feels so difficult. It feels like they totally broke the response time of your controls or something. I dunno man. I don't even know what I am asking lol. 

You can slowly damage her with batrangs, when she throws the red seeking orbs you can bait them to a corner and jump out or use an enemy as a shield.

Edited by Sunnyburrito