Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game “Overdose” Leaked

ziggypossum

16 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I thought Hideo was on good terms either Playstation? Would him talking to Xbox for publishing be for multi-platform, or would it be for Xbox exclusivity?

He's on pretty good terms with PS, but he's still freelance. If MS sent some money his way I imagine he'd take the opportunity as quickly as with PS, though given this is a SGF announcement supposedly and not at Xbox's showcase I have to wonder if it's exclusive or not... I'll say this- if Xbox gets his PT-style horror game and all we get is Death Stranding 2 I'm going to be very disappointed.

I don't think it's a Silent Hill game, Konami are too busy with pachinko shit.

Death Stranding 2 was already confirmed by Norman Reedus.

We will have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

I don't think it's a Silent Hill game, Konami are too busy with pachinko shit.

Death Stranding 2 was already confirmed by Norman Reedus.

We will have to wait and see.

Yeah pretty sure DS2 would be aways away anyways. Wow thats a lot of ways...

Silent Hill remake of 2 is all but confirmed. So i dont see them announcing a new SH game until that one is out and had some room to breath on its own.

Thus new IP Overdose. Could be a case of Xbox gets dlc first or some content. Maybe its exclusive, or maybe for a year like The Medium was. Depending who owns both xbox and ps, and if the game was good, would you purchase a year later for PS? prob not.

But yeah expect some leaks soon, for nearly anything. Summer Game Fest

• Like 1

A horror game is exactly what I want out of Kojima, especially when you consider all the ideas he had for P.T. left unrealized. Even just that small teaser had a lot of promise and is still talked about all these years later. It would be awesome if he got Junji Ito involved with this new game as well.

I really hope this isn't an Xbox exclusive... I would find it strange if it was since that would mean Kojima Productions, a Japanese company, would essentially be abandoning the Japanese market. Although with the poor performance of the PS5 in Japan, maybe it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

• Like 1

My mind goes to like 5 different places because there have been a lot of rumours prior to this. But I do want to see an all-out horror game from Kojima. No matter what it is and what platform. His games have had horror elements before. He was ready to take on a Silent Hill project. He has shown his interest in horror on Twitter before and after PT. So I hope this project is real.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

I always wanted to see a horror game from Kojima, I mean some games of his already had some horror aspect or creepiness to them. Closes we got was PT until Konami messed everything up. 

Edited by Cal
  • Like 1

Kojima Production announced a project in partnership with Xbox.

In the video, Hideo confirms his new game will use the cloud technology, and that's pretty much it. No name, no genre, no release window, nothing.

So there's a million of questions still. Is this Overdose? Why would a horror game use cloud tech? What's with Norman Reedus mentioning he's doing Death Stranding 2? Could they be working on two projects? 

Edit: maybe Reedus plays a role in Overdose, but for some reason thinks it's connected to DS when it's a different IP.

Edited by Slava

1 hour ago, The Investigator said:

cloud game = DOA, waste of time and money

I'm not so sure. Cloud gaming currently is a mixed bag. On one hand you have GeForce Now doing pretty well with over 14 million subscribers (although I don't think it was ever specified how many of these were paying customers, because there is a free tier), and on the complete opposite end of the spectrum you have Google Stadia which has been dead since launch, although its fans don't appear to know that yet ?

Xcloud is obviously very important to Microsoft, and this being a cloud game (if true) is their way of bringing more attention to, and further legitimizing, cloud as another way to play your games. I don't know if it'll succeed, but it appears that Microsoft are at least trying to make it successful. Personally I really hope any and all cloud gaming efforts fail badly (call me selfish). I don't ever want to see cloud become the normal way of playing games. 

On 6/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

I thought Hideo was on good terms with Playstation? Would him talking to Xbox for publishing be for multi-platform, or would it be for Xbox exclusivity?

Was Kamiya not on good terms with Nintendo when he was making Scalebound?

Did Capcom hate Sony when they made Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube or Deadrising 1/3 for Xbox or did they hate Nintendo/MS when they made Street Fighter V for PS?

Both MS and Sony were givin the option to publish Bayonetta 2 but only Nintendo took them up on the offer.

Companies go where the money is. Nothing personnel kid.

9 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Was Kamiya not on good terms with Nintendo when he was making Scalebound?

Did Capcom hate Sony when they made Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube or Deadrising 1/3 for Xbox or did they hate Nintendo/MS when they made Street Fighter V for PS?

Both MS and Sony were givin the option to publish Bayonetta 2 but only Nintendo took them up on the offer.

Companies go where the money is. Nothing personnel kid.

Reading comprehension, kid.

The question wasn't about him making it for xbox, it was about xbox publishing and whether that meant exclusivity. 

It wasn't that long ago that such a great friendship was being touted between Sony and Hideo, so the choice of publisher and potential exclusivity was a fair question.

Kojima Still Has "Very Good Relationship" With Sony After Big Xbox Game Reveal

"After the announcement of our partnership with Microsoft using the cloud technology, many people have asked us about our collaboration with [Sony Interactive Entertainment]. Please be assured that we continue to have a very good partnership with PlayStation as well," the statement said.

Kojima Productions is an independent game developer that now makes games, movies, and music, the Japanese studio said in another tweet. Being independent means the company is, in essence, a free agent that can make a deal with any company it wants to, including rivals like Sony and Microsoft.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-still-has-very-good-relationship-with-sony-after-big-xbox-game-reveal/1100-6504526/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

KOJIMA’S GAME “OVERDOSE” SCREENSHOTS LEAK IN PRIVATE DISCORD SERVERS

https://insider-gaming.com/kojima-overdose-leaking-online/

First off-camera screenshots from Kojima’s Overdose leaked online
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/first-off-camera-screenshots-from-kojimas-overdose-leaked-online/

Tom Henderson from InsiderGaming first reported on these screenshots which appeared on Discord. However, and for some strange reason, Henderson did not share the screenshots. Instead, PPE has made them available to the public.

These screenshots show Margaret Qualley in a blue dress. Qualley also appeared in Death Stranding as Mama.

Kojima Productions has not officially announced yet Overdose. And, to be honest, this leak does not show/reveal much.

Anyway, we’ll be sure to keep you posted. Until then, enjoy the following screenshots in all their low-quality glory.

2DOoiz6.jpg

UDigClx.jpg

• Like 2