Job unlock question

I saw the advanced jobs can be unlocked by more than basic job, should I focus on the one that unlock multiple jobs (swordman, mage), or should I spread the focus across multiple jobs and save the time to level these basic jobs? I personally would prefer the former as I had difficulties adapting to some of the jobs and would like to skip them.

Also, once I begin to level the advance job there's no point (at least trophy wise) to go back to the basic ones, right?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, Maverick6146 said:

I saw the advanced jobs can be unlocked by more than basic job, should I focus on the one that unlock multiple jobs (swordman, mage), or should I spread the focus across multiple jobs and save the time to level these basic jobs? I personally would prefer the former as I had difficulties adapting to some of the jobs and would like to skip them.

Also, once I begin to level the advance job there's no point (at least trophy wise) to go back to the basic ones, right?

The thing about advance jobs is that you need to unlock it in both jobs. Let's say Red mage for example you need to learn the job unlock talent in both classes to actually unlock the job (I think they are fencer and mage). You could always use the shards for job exp to level up those you don't like (although you better save them to level up faster the one job you need for the Job Master trophy.

Personally I always use a main job that had my weapon of choice, and then the second job usually was one I wanted to lv up to 30 to unlock the skills, traits, and advance classes. I mean trophy wise there's no need to level all jobs aside of the required levels to reach the advance  jobs , just for some skills and weapon efficiency tbh.

To further elaborate on part of what the above poster said. The xp gained for jobs you're not currently using is based on your job affinities. The more affinity you have for a specific job the more xp it will get, regardless of if its equipped in either slot or not. So you could for example level up Thief solely by having equipment on that has Thief affinity.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/7/3 at 7:21 PM, IcySeaSurfer said:

To further elaborate on part of what the above poster said. The xp gained for jobs you're not currently using is based on your job affinities. The more affinity you have for a specific job the more xp it will get, regardless of if its equipped in either slot or not. So you could for example level up Thief solely by having equipment on that has Thief affinity.

This is good to know. Thanks a lot for the information. If you know somewhere I could find more info about jobs and theirs exp mechanism please point me to the direction.