captain_evil777

Number 1 wish list for the game

13 posts in this topic

After 100% for the game on PS5, my number one wish list now is for an update to allow cross save for PS5 to PS4. Gran Turismo 7 has the game data saved for sever that allows me to pop 4 platinum trophies (can be up to 5) with completion of only one. (of course online sever saves got a different set of its own problem)

With the higher specs of the PS5, especially in performance mode, there is no reason not to start and enjoy this amazing game on PS5 and trophies hunter should not be shortchanged of this if they want to obtain a double platinum or double 100%.

Of course, the other alternative is to enjoy on PS5, then speed through on PS4 again. But reading the other forum about the DLC, which I personally also agree, speeding through multiple times really boring.

Otherwise, double platinum trophies hunters will always be shortchanged of the higher game performance, and experience that the PS5 version has to offer.

30 minutes ago, HugsBeforeDrugs_ said:

Call me old fashioned but why can't you be satisfied with playing the game once and receiving only 1 platinum?

I guess it is just natural aspiration of an aspired trophy hunter to wish for a double platinum. I am satisfied with 1 if the hassle of multiply play through is too much. This is just a “good to have” wish list, not request for any immediate fix. 

There are other reasons for cross-saves, but since this is a trophy hunting forum, I will just leave those out.

Short-changed; in other words being cheated out of something. I don't think that's the case at all. You're experiencing the best possible version of the game on PS5, so what exactly are you being short-changed on? Why can't that be enough? If you really enjoy the game then you can always play through the PS4 version legitimately, you're not being locked out of anything. PS4->PS5 auto-pops I get, and in the case of GT7 it's an online only game so everything is server based, hence the reverse auto-pop being possible, but expecting this for a single player game like HFW seems a bit odd. Just enjoy the game in all its glory on PS5! 

I was surprised that the number one thing this game needs is PS5 -> PS4 autopop.  I was thinking it would have been making the side content fun or making the gameplay more fun so its not just constant enemy projectile spam and 5 second long animations to recover from any hit while you spam the healing button on any difficulty above easy.

Invis frames

Expansion

Weapon customization (let me carry whatever arrow I want and not be forced to have 2/3 ice, 2/3 plasma, etc).

Posted (edited)

On 6/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, captain_evil777 said:

I guess it is just natural aspiration of an aspired trophy hunter to wish for a double platinum. I am satisfied with 1 if the hassle of multiply play through is too much. This is just a “good to have” wish list, not request for any immediate fix. 

There are other reasons for cross-saves, but since this is a trophy hunting forum, I will just leave those out.

Aspiration implies you want to earn the second/third/fourth platinum. I wouldn't call 4 autopops "aspiration." It more so leans towards desperation.

Edited by WatertownsFinest

Posted (edited)

My biggest wish for the game is a skill that allows Aloy to recover faster from getting knocked down. I love the combat but constantly getting knocked down tends to get annoying, especially when fighting multiple enemies. It breaks the flow of the fight.

Edited by Janire1911

The next Horizon installment. That's what I want.

4 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

My biggest wish for the game is a skill that allows Aloy to recover faster from getting knocked down. I love the combat but constantly getting knocked down tends to get annoying, especially when fighting multiple enemies. It breaks the flow of the fight.

I don't disagree with this. There are also times when I get "stuck" on something in the environment during combat. The dodge/roll animation happens, but Aloy doesn't physically move to a different location. I feel like in 2022 there could be a better way to negotiate that.

Posted (edited)

my biggest complaint is we need better drop rates for the larger machines. you ask me to get 2 slitherfang/tideripper/stormbird/dreadwing primary nerve for each bow upgrade but its a 60% drop rate. its not that easy to take them down especially on harder difficulties. i just feel discouraged to do so when its tied to random drops.

Edited by Nav_Nav69

Posted (edited)

On 9.6.2022 at 2:18 AM, Fr_0zt said:

Weapon customization (let me carry whatever arrow I want and not be forced to have 2/3 ice, 2/3 plasma, etc).

That would be great! 

Yeah and I am missing the whistling button to lure enemies to the tall grass like in HZD

Edited by Crylhound83

On 6/8/2022 at 5:27 PM, WatertownsFinest said:

Aspiration implies you want to earn the second/third/fourth platinum. I wouldnt call 4 autopops "aspiration." It more so leans towards desperation.

You're putting words in captain_evil's mouth and implying that if he doesn't live up to your standards, he is desperate. This is not the case. The definition you gave is what aspiration implies for you, not him. People have different standards for personal achievement. Neither of your beliefs are good or bad, they are simply different ways of measuring success. Personally, I don't agree with captain_evil777's logic. I don't see how anyone is "shortchanged" by a lack of PS5->PS4 platinum autopop. Ultimately, though, autopopping a second platinum with little to no effort isn't a big deal. Life goes on. In the end, captain_evil777 isn't demanding this; he's just saying he wants it.

Why do you feel a need to talk down to him? He isn't attacking anyone or demanding the world live by his standards. Live and let live.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Invis frames

Expansion

"Invis frames" meaning invisible frames? Skills: Infiltrator: Stealth Stalker Lvl 3. You become invisible. Also use Utaru Winterweave, available from the Stitcher in Thornmarsh for 2000 shards and an apex part (I forget which part). Once maxed, the Utaru Winterweave outfit makes you almost invisible and super quiet. UW also maxes out your Stealth Strike damage as well as Stealth Strike overhealing you to 1295/700 health.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:09 AM, Janire1911 said:

Agreed. Getting knocked down and then spam locked to the ground is annoying. The final Arena match was the worst.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Nav_Nav69 said:

my biggest complaint is we need better drop rates for the larger machines. you ask me to get 2 slitherfang/tideripper/stormbird/dreadwing primary nerve for each bow upgrade but its a 60% drop rate. its not that easy to take them down especially on harder difficulties. i just feel discouraged to do so when its tied to random drops.

I hear what you're saying, but I doubt Guerilla will change drop rates. All you can do is set the difficulty it to Story mode and farm away. Once done, change the difficulty back to a higher level. Unfortunately, that is the only solution for the time being.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:10 AM, Crylhound83 said:

Yeah and I am missing the whistling button to lure enemies to the tall grass like in HZD

You can toss rocks, which serve a similar purpose. You're right though, rocks are a step down from the whistle. Enemies don't enter the grass 100% of the time like they did in HZD. Instead, they walk right up to the edge of the grass and stop, then scan. However, with Utaru Winterweave, you can creep (or run and slide) behind enemies for a Silent Strike once their backs are turned. 

Top 3 Things I would love to see improved: 

1. Increase the number of Advanced Hunter Arrows Aloy can carry. Why on God's green earth can Aloy carry 63 Spikes (18 Advanced Explosive, 27 Impact Spikes, and 18 Explosive), 435 Bolts (180 Frost, 180 Advanced, and 75 Explosive), yet only 36 Advanced Hunter Arrows? Oh yeah, and only 6 Elite Precision Arrows? Guerilla Games, what are you thinking? Aloy is an archer! An archer in an open-world game who only carries 36 shots for her main weapon makes no sense. On higher difficulties, it takes almost that many arrows to put down a single Apex enemy, let alone a herd of them at night.

2. Improve melee damage. A crappy bow shot does 90 damage, but a power strike with the spear only does 30? There is no point to melee attacks on higher difficulties other than escaping close-quarter entrapment. All the Pit side quests to learn new melee techniques mean nothing. Even after you beat the Enduring and receive a spear improvement, melee does practically no damage on Ultra Hard.

3. Remap the default Drop button to Circle, not Square. Having Square make Aloy glide and drop off ledges with the same button doesn't make sense. I don't know how many times I was trying to glide to a ledge (holding Square) and Aloy would let go the second she touched the ledge, falling when I didn't want her to. Trying to change the button layout in settings was confusing, and I was unable to accomplish it.