For anyone struggling with the Yellow Cup

I haven’t finished the cup yet, but so far I’ve found that the Daxtermobile is pretty OP in a lot of the challenges. I’m not very good at the game, in all three prior cups there were a number of challenges I had to retry multiple times before getting gold (including the very first race). 

When I unlocked the Yellow Cup, I noticed the Daxtermobile was available with fully maxed stats, so I decided to try it on the first race (the one where you can’t use weapons). I expected it to take me a while and I legit won gold on my first try! It seems to handle pretty well compared to other cars at max, and it has a decent enough armor rating. 

The car is available once you select “scan for secret characters” in the secrets menu, as long as you have a save file for the Nathan Drake collection on your console. 

Edited by skotafactor
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Yeah I don't see it on the selection. Maybe it's only available for Class 4 races?

bikeman223.png

If i remember right yes. The daxtermobile is available to use in the last cup of adventure mode since it's classified as a tier 4 car :)

Edited by Kyl542

26 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

If i remember right yes. The daxtermobile is available to use in the last cup of adventure mode since it's classified as a tier 4 car :)

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that doesn't help when you're stuck on the blue cup sewer track. I'll try upgrading the Havoc V12.

Edited by bikeman223

9 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that doesn't help when you're stuck on the blue cup sewer track. I'll try upgrading the Havoc V12.

If it's any help, i didn't upgrade any of the cars throughout the campaign. Sometimes if you upgrade the speed too much you end up losing control of the vehicle. IMO it's best you get yourself comfortable with a vehicle you have proper handling on rather than being fast

13 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

If it's any help, i didn't upgrade any of the cars throughout the campaign. Sometimes if you upgrade the speed too much you end up losing control of the vehicle. IMO it's best you get yourself comfortable with a vehicle you have proper handling on rather than being fast

I managed to get it done. Now I can take advantage of cars like the Daxtermobile or the Sank Shark for the final races.