Is platinum still possible to obtain?

sccorp84

Yes it's possible, although a couple months ago they stopped any future content updates for console to focus on PC. So who knows if they'll stop the community goals at some point, at which point it will be unobtainable.

From my experience with the game, if you do play it, while it performs better on PS5, i'd avoid playing it on ps5 as the stability is trash.

Said stability issues have led to multiple of my trophies being bugged, essentially erasing trophy progress for trophies that require X amount of things to be completed.

The only reason I don't already have the platinum is because the 10 community goal trophy is bugging for me and having now completed 20+ community goals, still no trophy, still no platinum.

Easily the most frustrating platinum I've gone for, and that's without mentioning the completely ass multiplayer trophies.

4 minutes ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Yes it's possible, although a couple months ago they stopped any future content updates for console to focus on PC. So who knows if they'll stop the community goals at some point, at which point it will be unobtainable.

From my experience with the game, if you do play it, while it performs better on PS5, i'd avoid playing it on ps5 as the stability is trash.

Said stability issues have led to multiple of my trophies being bugged, essentially erasing trophy progress for trophies that require X amount of things to be completed.

The only reason I don't already have the platinum is because the 10 community goal trophy is bugging for me and having now completed 20+ community goals, still no trophy, still no platinum.

Easily the most frustrating platinum I've gone for, and that's without mentioning the completely ass multiplayer trophies.

I can't believe they never fixed that stat/save file corruption bug :(.

• 5 months later...
33 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Anybody know if the community goals are still being updated? Also, is the online traffic busy enough to do all the MP trophies without boosting? Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

They are, tho once again, it's unclear how long they'll be up for. The last ones were live just a few days ago: https://inara.cz/elite/communitygoals/. I'm confident the game will be updated with CG as both PC and Console versions share the same infrastructure (despite Consoles no longer receiving meaningful updates).

MP trophies can be done without boosting but the CQC arena is pretty much dead. I've managed to find a few matches - but I'd imagine it would be incredibly hard to reach level 50 legitimately (unless you get lucky and it glitches out and preemptively unlocks for you)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sydoki said:

They are, tho once again, it's unclear how long they'll be up for. The last ones were live just a few days ago: https://inara.cz/elite/communitygoals/. I'm confident the game will be updated with CG as both PC and Console versions share the same infrastructure (despite Consoles no longer receiving meaningful updates).

MP trophies can be done without boosting but the CQC arena is pretty much dead. I've managed to find a few matches - but I'd imagine it would be incredibly hard to reach level 50 legitimately (unless you get lucky and it glitches out and preemptively unlocks for you)

You'll have more fun punching yourself repeatedly in the genitles than you will getting to CQC level 50. I should know I've done both :D

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sydoki said:

4 hours ago, crouchingotter said:

You'll have more fun punching yourself repeatedly in the genitles than you will getting to CQC level 50. I should know I've done both :D

Thanks for the info guys.

One more question. What's the minimum number of players to start a CQC arena match? Is it 1v1 or 2v2? More?

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome

On 11/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

One more question. What's the minimum number of players to start a CQC arena match? Is it 1v1 or 2v2? More?

From what I recall, you can do Deathmatch with just 2, but Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag need at least 4

• Like 1

On 15.11.2022 at 8:49 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Deathmatch requires only 2 people, Team-Deathmatch and Capture the Flag 4 people.

The fastest way to boost level 50 is Team-Deathmatch with 2 people and 2 consoles. Main accounts in one team, alt accounts in second team. Camp at an easy to find spot with mains and fly with alts to that spot. Also make sure both of you get an assist on the other ship each time. 

My friend and I did Deathmatch for the most part and spent around 30-35 hours for level 50. If we had done the Team-Deathmatch method with assists we would have been done in 15-20 hours. Thats huge because this grind was one of the worst ones I've ever done.

btw. the multiplayer has only 4 maps, 3 of them have an easy spot in the centre to find for meeting and killing. The Ice map is the only one we always skipped because it is too much of a maze.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3