Thinking About Starting, But Have A Few Questions

My friends have been bugging me to play this with them. It looks interesting, but I was kinda discouraged because of the amount of DLC.

1) Is it 100% achievable? No buggy/unobtainable trophies to worry about?

2) How expensive is it to actually get everything? They told me you can get a lot of stuff for free by just playing?

3) If so, what is the best use of in-game currency?

Edit: Also, how would I go about approaching 100%? Is there a DLC order that would be better to pursue than just going in order?

Edited by sepheroithisgod

It is 100% achievable however it will take you a LONG time! Just the 500 sacrifices trophy will require a minimum of 125 games, as the max you can get it 4.

The DLC goes on sale pretty often, and you can buy any nonlicenced character with an in game currency you get through leveling up. Best use is definitely to buy killers with this currency, as each chapter has adepts for both killer and survivor, but you can get the other survivor trophy from playing usually, where the 2nd killer trophy is usually based on that specific killer's ability.

As someone who has the plat I definitely recommend the game, especially playing survivor with friends, just be aware that it is a pretty big grind for the just the plat, let alone the 100%.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 3

It'll take you at least 200 hours. Some trophies are pain in the ass. Especially 100 hatchet downs with Huntress. Other than that - I'd suggest to try this game on other account and decide if you like the game before any commitment.

I have 100% on my other account, played for 100+ hours on Xbox and currently in progress on my new PS5 account. Ask any questions, I'd be glad to help.

5 minutes ago, LuckyMerino said:

It'll take you at least 200 hours. Some trophies are pain in the ass. Especially 100 hatchet downs with Huntress. Other than that - I'd suggest to try this game on other account and decide if you like the game before any commitment.

I have 100% on my other account, played for 100+ hours on Xbox and currently in progress on my new PS5 account. Ask any questions, I'd be glad to help.

I'm not very concerned about the difficulty or length. I'm more concerned with the Price.

How viable is it to get the unlicensed DLC for free with in-game currency? How much would it cost to buy everything you can't get for free?

Is there a recommended order to approach the DLC packs? Like do some of them make the base list easier to achieve, so those might be better choices to focus on first.

14 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not very concerned about the difficulty or length. I'm more concerned with the Price.

How viable is it to get the unlicensed DLC for free with in-game currency? How much would it cost to buy everything you can't get for free?

Is there a recommended order to approach the DLC packs? Like do some of them make the base list easier to achieve, so those might be better choices to focus on first.

Well, it depends on where you from and what is pricy for you. Game is often on sale with DLC's. Keep in mind that new content is still being added and it will continue for at least 5 more DLC's if not more. 

I don't think that you could afford buying all non-licenced killers/survivors with ingame currency. It would take too much of a grind. But I may be wrong, best to google some calculations on reddit.

Some DLC's are definitely could help on your journey to 100%. Letherface has nice perks for Blood Points farming for example, some killers have nice game slowdown perks, for example Hag. It is not required for plat tho, just helps with grind a bit.

Most of the new DLC trophies are easy and could be done in a few hours. Usually you have to escape with new survivor and get a 4 kills win with killer, usually there is at least 1 additional trophy for killer power or new survivor mechanic. Nothing to worry about.

Also, most of the current trophies will be done as you play. At some point you're going to have to look at your progress and you'll understand what actions you have to do more and what you already done. 

p.s. DBD has special editions with some of the DLC packs included. Dunno if it the way to buy, I bought my copy long time ago and got all DLC separately.

Edited by LuckyMerino

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

How viable is it to get the unlicensed DLC for free with in-game currency? 

Its a huge grind for the in-game currency to buy characters, i have over 1,000 hours in DBD and only have 75% of the characters you can get with in-game currency. For the premium characters, if you get them on sale, it costs around $50 to get most of them.

It will take well over 1,000 hours to unlock everyone without real money. Though I have used my turbo a lot and afked as killer for xp. Recently, they've started doing double xp events which could reduce the time quite a bit. They should just make that permanent with how long it takes to level up, otherwise. 

DLCs often go on sale for 50% off. I've only spent around $30 on it, I think. Missing the 2 newest ones (pinhead/the ring), though, since I'm waiting for them to go that low. 

Also, you should buy Leatherface and Halloween before the others. Bubba's perk will help immensely with the BP grind. And Laurie Strode's is the counter for tunneling/camping killers (which there are unfortunately many of..).

Edited by DamagingRob

1) 100% achievable 

2) Last summer, I bought 18 DLC packs on sale and it came out to around $80ish dollars for me, so it is pretty expensive. There is currently over 25+ DLC packs, and they continuously get added around every 3 months. You can get survivors/killers for free but it is a huge grind. I have about 2k hours in the game and have gotten around 5-6 characters free through in-game currency. 

3) Best to wait for double XP events or during the anniversary and Halloween events in which they give around 9k shards as login rewards which is enough to buy one survivor or killer. Otherwise, you receive these by playing the game and leveling up. Licensed survivors and killers are not able to be purchased with in-game currency. You can also use shards to buy cosmetics or perks, but best to use these on characters whenever you can for financial reasons. 

4) I wouldn't say there's a recommended order for the DLC. The adept killer trophies are significantly easier now due to the new MMR system that was implemented last year. My best advice would to be to learn the perks as many of them can be combined to make other trophies easier. For example, the Multi-tasker trophy from DLC Pack 20 is a lot easier with perks like Mad Grit, Starstruck, and Iron Grasp. Thankfully, the prestige system is being reworked soon so it will be a lot easier to get all the perks and combine them for different builds. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LuckyMerino said:

I don't think that you could afford buying all non-licenced killers/survivors with ingame currency. It would take too much of a grind. But I may be wrong, best to google some calculations on reddit.

Strange that since the Cursed Legacy chapter, I managed to gather shards to unlock every new original characters, just like the recent one just released.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

I just completed the base game. It took me just over 3 weeks. I could have done it a lot quicker if I had played more and paid more attention to the perks but I played the hard way.

my main complaint is the amount of money it has cost me. I have managed to buy only two characters with in game currency. I then bought a killer pack for £20 when it was on offer and a survivor pack for £20. I have just picked up the rest of the DLCs that are on offer this week but that cost me £30 and I didn’t even get them all as two of them weren’t in the sale. 

it is a huge commitment. I’m just chipping off the DLC trophy’s slowly now as I’ve had enough of the game already.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I'm not very concerned 

Very viable. Will take about 10-12 hours of playtime to get 9k shards to be able to buy one non licensed character. I always save up so I don’t have to pay for non licensed killers/survivors. So if you buy starter pack and get a bunch of killers/survs and start working towards trophies you’ll earn shard fairly quickly. There are almost always sales on PS store and if there no sale there you can almost bet there’s a sale in the in game store. Just be prepared to play this game for years to come. We get new DLC every 3 months. And this game isn’t going anywhere so expect a ton more DLC. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Very viable. Will take about 10-12 hours of playtime to get 9k shards to be able to buy one non licensed character.

I am not sure if this is true. You get 25k shards at level 100. To get to level 100 you need 350k of exp and each game gives you roughly 500 exp. Assuming each game lasts for only 10 minutes you get ~ 115 hours to level 100 of non stop playing. Round it up to 130 hours and we get 194 shards per hour and it leaves us to 46 hours per character. And this calculation is very very generous assuming you always win as a killer and find game fast. Now multiply 46 hours for each of non-licenced survivor and killer and you get stupid amount of time. Correct me if I am wrong.

9 hours ago, lady-reze said:

1) 100% achievable 

2) Last summer, I bought 18 DLC packs on sale and it came out to around $80ish dollars for me, so it is pretty expensive. There is currently over 25+ DLC packs, and they continuously get added around every 3 months. You can get survivors/killers for free but it is a huge grind. I have about 2k hours in the game and have gotten around 5-6 characters free through in-game currency. 

3) Best to wait for double XP events or during the anniversary and Halloween events in which they give around 9k shards as login rewards which is enough to buy one survivor or killer. Otherwise, you receive these by playing the game and leveling up. Licensed survivors and killers are not able to be purchased with in-game currency. You can also use shards to buy cosmetics or perks, but best to use these on characters whenever you can for financial reasons. 

4) I wouldn't say there's a recommended order for the DLC. The adept killer trophies are significantly easier now due to the new MMR system that was implemented last year. My best advice would to be to learn the perks as many of them can be combined to make other trophies easier. For example, the Multi-tasker trophy from DLC Pack 20 is a lot easier with perks like Mad Grit, Starstruck, and Iron Grasp. Thankfully, the prestige system is being reworked soon so it will be a lot easier to get all the perks and combine them for different builds. 

I see that the Ultimate edition is on sale, would that be a good initial purchase?

As someone who got platinum and 100% on both versions. Yes it is worth getting the game, however be prepared to put in a couple of 100 hours.

1) Everything is 100% achievable, even the DLC,

2) Don't know the price overall, but a lot of the chapters are $7 or a little more if it's a licensed killer. However you can get currency to buy survivors and killers through playing naturally. It will still be a grind so if you get things done the quickest way, you can buy them.

3) Use it when you can and whatever order you want, during events the game will give you more currency overall (shards and bloodpoints).

1000+ hours both versions combined :)

100% is achievable. There might be some bugged trophies when there's an update but the devs do listen and will fix if there are bugged trophies. Most of the trophies are reasonable to get except a few. 

For price I'm not too sure. But it costs like 5 bucks per character in game but you can use in game currency to buy the non licensed characters. Each character costs 9000 shards(in game currency) each. It takes a while to get 9000 shards. But the dlcs go on sale pretty often. The only use for shards other than to buy characters is to buy skins.

As for the best way to get 100% I recommend to first just try out the game with whatever character you feel like playing and get a grasp on how to play the game. Once you have a general idea on how to play the game go for adept survivor/killer trophies. Get all the adept killer trophies out of the way when you are still low MMR. Once you get better at the game try to get all the meta perks from the survivors/killers. For survivor I recommend start working on trophy Not Today/Taking One For The Team as soon as you have the perks for it. Perks I would use for these 2 trophies: Borrowed Time(Bill Teachable)/an Exhausion Perk like Dead Hard/Deliverance/We're Gonna Live Forever for exra bloodpoints or Decisive Strike for anti-tunneling. You unlock teachable perks by reaching level 30/35/40 with a character. For killers work on killer specific trophies while sacrificing as many survivors as you can. 

I recommend only doing one version first since trophies don't autopop and it's very grindy. The game has a new trophy list every 3 months and it's not looking to end anytime soon.  You can also fairly easy to boost all the trophies if you want. I personally recommend to boost Skilled Huntress since it's extremely tough to get the trophy in public match. If you wanna start playing I recommend start around next week since it's anniversary event you get double bloodpoint offering so you will get a lot of bloodpoints to level up your character. 

Edited by Mirrors1118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victorrfuego said:

As someone who got platinum and 100% on both versions. Yes it is worth getting the game, however be prepared to put in a couple of 100 hours.

1) Everything is 100% achievable, even the DLC,

2) Don't know the price overall, but a lot of the chapters are $7 or a little more if it's a licensed killer. However you can get currency to buy survivors and killers through playing naturally. It will still be a grind so if you get things done the quickest way, you can buy them.

3) Use it when you can and whatever order you want, during events the game will give you more currency overall (shards and bloodpoints).

1000+ hours both versions combined :)

Price between is Licensed & Non-Licensed is identical. Obviously Non-Licensed are put on sale a little bit quicker, but other than that they’re the same.

• Like 1